• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros' SDCC Panel (The Thread! - The Sequel!)

Another year, another SDCC, another follow-along thread. Beginning at 11 am, PST (check here to see when that is for you) This is a look at what WB will have to offer - a somewhat smaller release than last years:

Justice League will, obviously, get a big rollout during Warner Bros.' Hall H panel, which kicks off at 11am PST on Saturday, July 22nd. The press release notes that stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, and Ray Fisher will be there touting the November 17th release...

Steven Spielberg will make his first appearance at Comic-Con since he showed up in 2011 with Peter Jackson to tout The Adventures of Tintin. Ready Player One with cast members Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, and T.J. Miller in attendance alongside author Ernest Cline and screenwriter Zak Penn.

Harrison Ford is also making a triumphant return to preview Blade Runner 2049 alongside Ryan Gosling, Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Robin Wright, Lennie James, and Mackenzie Davis as well as director Denis Villeneuve and screenwriters Hampton Fancher and Michael Green.

Aquaman is also getting its own showcase with director James Wan in attendance to tease the December 2018 release.

Some small notes: Henry Cavill is still filming Mission: Impossible 6, so he likely won't show up for the League panel. It also appears as if Zack Snyder won't be attending, as he sent a tweet wishing the JL cast luck at their Hall H appearance today. Joss Whedon is also unlikely to join the League (eh? eh?) at Hall H, as he's probably still doing post-production work on the movie. But he could still make a surprise entrance.

Some have speculated that we'll get the CinemaCon footage (which showed off concept art). We could get that, along with some new images of the cast - maybe a good look at Orm and Black Manta? Shazam director David F. Sandberg will likely pop in to talk a little about that movie, and maybe we get an updated slate? Also, Warners is almost definitely announcing a Wonder Woman sequel, so look out for that and Patty Jenkins hopping on stage to talk about it.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I wonder if we get some additional stuff - like a first look at Tomb Raider or another look at It. Either way, it should be a fun day. As always, there's no actual livestream, but you can follow along with live blogs or on Twitter. I'll list some below, along with whatever footage WB releases for their panel.

LIVE BLOGS

ComingSoon
Uproxx

TWITTER USERS

JoBlo
HolyBatCast
Peter Sciretta (Slashfilm)
Ethan Anderton (Slashfilm)

There's also the #SDCCWB hashtag on Twitter (thanks, Bobby!)

FOOTAGE

Ready Player One

Johns is 100% going to go up with Jenkins and announce WW2. They had a dinner with Donner together right before Johns' own panel.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm excited! Bring the goods, Warner Bros.

ERNEST CLINE IS IN THE HOUSE
Bm5bBa3.jpg
Bm5bBa3.jpg
Bm5bBa3.jpg
Bm5bBa3.jpg

tomtom94

Going to stick my neck out and say the stories about Affleck wanting to quit were interference and he'll say he's committed to the DCEU for the foreseeable future.

Mariolee

What can we expect? New Justice League trailer? Flash trailer? WW2 official announcement?

Lol did you read the OP?

First of all, yeah we can expect a new Justice League trailer. Second of all, Flash doesn't even have a director let alone started filming. More likely to get an Aquaman trailer. Third, yeah a WW2 official announcement is super likely.

What can we expect? New Justice League trailer? Flash trailer? WW2 official announcement?

I'd say a Justice League trailer is almost 100%. A Wondy 2 announcement is just about as likely. 0% chance for Flash, it hasn't begun filming or even found a Director.

*Maybe* some kind of Aquaman sneak peek.
*Maybe* details on future DCEU movies like Gotham City Sirens, Shazam, or The Batman.

mjc

Going to stick my neck out and say the stories about Affleck wanting to quit were interference and he'll say he's committed to the DCEU for the foreseeable future.

I'm more inclined to believe rumors that WB wants to push him out than the other way around, but that's just tales from my ass. I'd like to see him in a standalone Batman movie though.

I guess they could announce that Lord & Miller are back on Flash? Maybe?

There's a lot of stuff they could do. Man of Steel 2 could get solidified finally.

Maybe they'll dedicate like five minutes to Cyborg

New JL trailer + WW sequel news is almost a given. We could possibly get some Flash news (like a director), but maybe not just yet.

Any word on Godzilla 2? I would think a teaser would be in order, no?

Nothing yet, but you never know. It's out in 2019, so it's more likely you see something next year.

gamz

New JL trailer + WW sequel news is almost a given. We could possibly get some Flash news (like a director), but maybe not just yet.

Nothing yet, but you never know. It's out in 2019, so it's more likely you see something next year.

I bet we get some sort of tease and next year a trailer. at least I hope!

mjc

I guess they could announce that Lord & Miller are back on Flash? Maybe?

There's a lot of stuff they could do. Man of Steel 2 could get solidified finally.

Maybe they'll dedicate like five minutes to Cyborg

That would be about five minutes too much.

Loxley

Probably happening:

- New JL trailer (practically a given)
- Aquaman teaser footage (not much since they're still filming and likely need a lot of VFX work)
- Official Shazam/director announcement
- Official Wonder Woman 2/Jenkins announcement

I can dream about a new Superman solo film, but it probably ain't happening any time soon :(

dcelw540

Probably happening:

- New JL trailer (practically a given)
- Aquaman teaser footage (not much since they're still filming and likely need a lot of VFX work)
- Official Shazam/director announcement
- Official Wonder Woman 2/Jenkins announcement

I can dream about a new Superman solo film, but it probably ain't happening any time soon :(

I'd also be surpised if we get more release dates, such as gotham city sirens, nightwing or other movies. They need to make it more known what projects to look forward too.

Neophant

Any speculation to what the order of the films presented will be? I have a feeling it'll be the same as the description WB sent out on their site, which would mean that Ready Player One will start the presentation followed by Blade Runner 2049, Justice League and concluding with Aquaman (since it's the furthest away).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Completely forgot this was happening. Is The Rock still attached?

Yep, still starring The Rock and Naomie Harris. Fairly certain they've already wrapped filming.

Edit: Just checked, filming done. The Rock doesn't take breaks. Damn.

With how CGI heavy Aquaman is, I wonder how much they'll show of underwater scenes. At least expecting a look at the new Aquaman suit and Black Manta, though.

Top Bottom