• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Brothers suspends [new] purchases for PC version of Batman Arkham Knight

Hoje0308

Banned
Wow, you don't see shit like that every day. I wonder what all of the apologists that keep insisting paying customers should simply wait for a patch or ten will say now.

Foffy

Banned
72d38f17b1a5464fab12a2bf614b2d73.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Then why would the post tell people to sent their refund requests to Valve?

Because they know it can't be honored :lol.

Honestly have no idea if thats true or not but I can't imagine that being true. Otherwise you're going to see a lot of games on Steam suspended from here on out.

This is really surprising. But they had to know how bad this port was.

On another note the timing of Steams refund policy couldnt have been better. Every once in awhile a really bad port like this comes along and it's nice that the system was in place right before one of those games.

jacobeid

Banned
At least they know how bad it is?

I keep getting excited to experience the story and then disappointed with how shitty it runs. Utterly disappointed.

Portman

Well it's good to see a statement from them and this indicates to me that they are taking it seriously. Granted they should have been proactive instead of reactive but I'm happy to hear something.

Now I'm just worried about this being like Arkham Origins where they stopped patches after a few months for DLC but I get the impression that this will need major work so hopefully DLC won't interfere with fixing it.

Do these fucking devs think that somehow, this will be released to the public, get played by millions and yet no one will notice what a botched job it is? At the least Iron Galaxy knew this was complete and utter shit, if WB or Rocksteady did themselves not check the quality of the port I don't quite know what to say. Last I checked, they weren't exactly strapped for cash and a lazy port would hurt much more than paying for competent developers.

This is developers trying their luck, it's happening more and more it seems, broken games at launch are becoming the norm.

Resident Evil 4 on PC (the old one not the new HD rerelease) didn't launch with mouse support, and instead of telling you what keys to press, all the prompts simply said "1", "2", "3", or "4" and you had to try and remember what button you had mapped to actions 1 through 4 to correspond to this.

Dem old PC ports of DMC3/RE4 gotta be some of all-time lows.

Thank God for QLOC

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Resident Evil 4 on PC (the old one not the new HD rerelease) didn't launch with mouse support, and instead of telling you what keys to press, all the prompts simply said "1", "2", "3", or "4" and you had to try and remember what button you had mapped to actions 1 through 4 to correspond to this.

... not to mention the completely missing lighting ;)

Sendou

Assuming this means that everyone can request a refund from GMG or Nuuvem then this is the best possible way they could have handled it.

wowzors

I bought the season pass cause it was on sale at greenman, I hope they refund me, I'll just buy this on PS4. Fuck this

Permanently A

I wonder if purchasing a gift copy would be a wise investment. Some collectors seem to take purchasing removed games pretty seriously.

Begaria

Saddens me this happened to Arkham Knight. I've got the other three Arkham games on PC. Hopefully they'll be able to make this game the one we deserve.

honestly there had to have been zero or false communication between the tiny team that did the pc port and wb. there are higher-ups at wb who are pissed beyond measure i'm sure, especially with steam refunds existing now (thank you gaben)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Well...that's something. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of things. Hoorah for the power of Steam Refunds having a hand in getting this done.

Also, Saints Row 2 and RE4 were at least as bad, if not worse, in terms of ports.

Neiteio

Pretty amazing to see. They could've just continued to try to make money, but they're actually shutting down their revenue stream for the time being, and attempting to fix the product.

CHC

I wonder if purchasing a gift copy would be a wise investment. Some collectors seem to take purchasing removed games pretty seriously.

Don't think anyone is gonna be rushing to eBay for this one, unless they like collecting turds.

It'll be back on the market soon anyway, once it's in better shape.

LiK

Was he even involved with this? I keep seeing his name thrown around, but his name wasn't in the credits under Iron Galaxy for this game.... I assume he has been working on something else

he's the CEO of IG. he's involved no matter what.

" as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC"
I'm probably reading into this, but it sounds like this is going to go above and beyond a typical update/patch. Maybe even a version by Rocksteady themselves.
-crosses fingers

Giever

Sounds good. While you're at it, give people who got their codes with Nvidia GPUs all of the pre-order content, dangit. :(

Ibuki

Banned
I'm probably reading into this, but it sounds like this is going to go above and beyond a typical update/patch. Maybe even a version by Rocksteady themselves.
-crosses fingers

Think about how long that could take... they should have just delayed the game, or not farmed it out to a shitty dev.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I wonder what was the biggest factor in this decision, the refund system or just the bad press?

Money talks yo, but social media and fan outrage is at its peak during these times, and its only gotten worse, so hard to say what was the real cause. Probably both.

Dave Lang having a bad fuckin' week

sf1I2zH.gif

---
Regarding the suspension of sales: good. This is one of, if not the, worst PC port I've ever had the displeasure of playing. I really want to play the game, but to say the port is unplayable is almost an understatement at this point.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Was he even involved with this? I keep seeing his name thrown around, but his name wasn't in the credits under Iron Galaxy for this game.... I assume he has been working on something else

doesn't matter, he's the CEO, guaranteed WB is breathing down his neck

which is probably funny because I'm willing to bet they're the ones who wanted this thing rushed out in this state in the first place

KingBroly

Banned
-crosses fingers

I wonder how long this is going to take. I can't imagine them using IG again. I also don't know how this is going to affect them going forward with other projects, like KI on PC.

Top Bottom