• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 DIrector's Cut to be released October 13th

Fathom

Banned
They look substantially better, the style is the game though, but the graphical fidelity is way above what it released on. I remember opening the chracter creation screen for the first time, shudders

The textures look better but the shapes look the same.

Walpurgis

Banned
Take note, other developers and publishers out there (that aren't CD Project Red). This is how you should treat your customers. This is how you get me to respect you.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is doing the exact same thing and is releasing around that time for PC and consoles. Looks a lot better than Wasteland 2, tbh.

The Dream is that, with enough overhauls to combat/balance and the inclusion of the perks/quirks/aiming system---it will finally be possible to create what could amount to a Kenshiro sim RPG straight out of Fist of the North Star.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Loved this game. It's too long and linear for me to do a replay. I might start it again and just do the other half of the first mission.

To anyone asking, WL2 is an awesome old school RPG in the vein of Fallout/Ultima/etc. Lots of dialog and choices and characters and plot.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is doing the exact same thing and is releasing around that time for PC and consoles. Looks a lot better than Wasteland 2, tbh.

Then I take my hat off to Larian Studios as well. Definitely will keep an eye out for their games on Steam as I will gladly support such developers with my money!

Have the collectors eddition PC version,backed it day 1,will double dip for PS4 version to support the game. Its very excellent,and I can't wait to play through it with the new improvements.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I really wonder what pushed them back from, say, August to mid-October.

They're not at direct risk of Fallout's (or other AAA releases) blowing them out of the water, per se, but it's probably not going to help them.

Content updates look really good for new players, or for inspiring another playthrough or two on PC.

Walpurgis

Banned
Now we need Pillars of Eternity Enhanced Edition for PS4. :p
This has ps plus written all over it. I will wait since i already bought on pc and never played it.
That would be the best month of PS+ this gen. I really don't think Sony would do it since this is releasing at retail.

Kickstarted this and it runs like shit on my shitty computer (did manage to get Pillars of Eternity to play ok), so I may have to double dip and give the PS4 version a shot.

Tigress

Because it would be nigh impossible to play on a pad. It's very mouse driven.

I could understand that (don't know enough about how it plays to agree or disagree but I can understand that it could be true).

Waste of time and resources which could be used to produce expansions/sequel and/or new IP.

Why is that? Because you don't think they should make a console version cause you think consoles are worthless? Or because you don't think that there would be a market for it on consoles?

If the first, you're wrong. There are plenty of people on consoles who don't have access to computers that will run it (there's a good amount of people who don't have great computers for gaming on and that's why they have consoles. And if you say they should get PCs, they already have their reasons for why they don't and it's not really relevant. They don't, they don't want them, they have a gaming computer already). Why should they get cut out cause some people don't like consoles.

If the latter? Well, I'd have to know enough about the game to even have an opinion on that (I'm mostly interested myself cause it's an RPG by Obsidian and to be honest, I was impressed enough with New Vegas to be curious about another RPG they are putting out and yes I know it won't play like New Vegas. But I would expect some good story writing/character writing at least). I know that I don't have a good computer for running it and I would be interested in it if it were on console (I'm so happy Wastelands 2 is coming to console).

Top Bottom