• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 3 announced (co-op, base, Tides writers, PC/XB1/PS4, $2.75M Fig funding)

585 BACKERS
$1,232,517
OF $2,750,000 GOAL

Big investors going in already?

Nevermind, I see the breakdown.

This amount equals Pledges plus the Fig Funds.
TOTAL $1.23M
The total amount of money pledged by Backers.
PLEDGES $20K
The amount that Fig will directly fund the developer for the development of the game, from its working capital funded in part by the investment proceeds. The Fig Funds may increase during the campaign, up to a cap agreed to with the developer.
FIG FUNDS $1.21M

Kayhan

original.gif

I'm going to wait until it fully comes out. I backed the last one, but this will surely make it's goal and then some.

EDIT: I got my super backer email and I caved in and backed it. *Sigh*

Gothos

Game dev takes time. Three/four years for a game like this is expected. Especially when Bischoff's Stasis took two years

Yea, I know but somehow I was under the impression it was much further into the development :( Oh well, at least the cinematic camera looks great.

Has anyone got their pledge email yet? I've gotten the Fig $5 discount email (if you pledged early, you can edit your pledge to get the $5 off).

Lucifon

PC only backing rewards means there's no point in me backing. I'll be playing this on console.

Edit - just seen you can add a console version extra, tempting. Wish you could just get a console backing tier though.

Kayhan

Has anyone got their pledge email yet? I've gotten the Fig $5 discount email (if you pledged early, you can edit your pledge to get the $5 off).

lol I just checked my email and saw that I could get a $5 discount 2 minutes after just fucking paying FULL price.

Krakn3Dfx

Just watched that new gameplay trailer.

4da.gif

Threw in at the $25 - $5 Wasteland 2 discount level, will probably bump that up before this is over though. I really like cloth maps.

Lucifon

Early backer tier + console version comes to about £33'ish, which probably isn't far off what a digital version will be for the game come launch anyway. Not sure whether to bother backing now or just wait until 2019.

SSPssp

Went ahead and got the early bird for 20 since I backed the last one too. I haven't even played Wasteland 2 yet heh.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
At the end and only if it's successful.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Uffff 2019 huh?
Not that that's unexpected or anything, it's just.....so far away

Both their previous kickstarter games got delayed quite a bit so I think they took a more realistic approach to relase date this time.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Both their previous kickstarter games got delayed quite a bit so I think they took a more realistic approach to relase date this time.

I know. But I feel like I want to be lied to. 2019 might as well be in 30 years.
Obviously it's fine, 3 years isn't that much to develop a game and better be realistic than delay it 3 times.

Cool bonus. Both are fantastic

original.gif

Oh cool. Hmmm.....think I'll go with Stasis? Haven't heard much about Underrail

Big investors going in already?

Nevermind, I see the breakdown.

Can someone explain Fig Funds to me? I had assumed it was money from the investment portion for the game but the wording makes it sound like it can come from other FIG projects as well? Feels like something that could be manipulated to get projects over the finish line that wouldn't be funded otherwise. Also feels like a way of projecting a level of early success on a campaign that it wouldn't have otherwise.

Did Psychonauts 2 and Consortium use that too?

duckroll

I know. But I feel like I want to be lied to. 2019 might as well be in 30 years.
Obviously it's fine, 3 years isn't that much to develop a game and better be realistic than delay it 3 times.

Fig offers investment as an alternative to rewards, so maybe they figure it's not a great idea to "lie" to potential investors as opposed to "lying" to fans. :p

Fantastapotamus

How do I actually get this?

I pledged but it is not clear to me how I get one of these games.

I assume you have to wait till the campaign is over, otherwise people would just abuse this to get free keys.

Fig offers investment as an alternative to rewards, so maybe they figure it's not a great idea to "lie" to potential investors as opposed to "lying" to fans. :p

I want to be told sweet little lies though

Fantastapotamus

It so weird that cRPGs are back in a weirdly big way. I mean in the next 12 months or so we should get Tyranny, Torment and Divinity OS 2.

Then there is Wasteland 3 and Obsidian will probably do something more with PoE. inXile is also making Bard's Tale 4 but IIRC those were less cRPG and more dungeon crawler, right?

Backed with the early. $38 total for that and a console copy with the $5 discount. A little turned off by the co-op. I liked Divinity well enough playing single player, but always felt like I was missing out on something. But whatever, for that price, I'll be fine.

the investment page doesn't really answer many questions

Wasteland 2 launched at $39.99 and it is listed as 600,000 copies sold.. does that number include the people that backed at lower tiers on Kickstarter? or steam sales? did the game move all of those copies at the launch price of $39.99?

did Wasteland 2 sales ever drop below $10,000 for 3 consecutive months?

quarterly payments, the rate of return and the length of time for development is disappointing.

by the time the campaign ends anyone that would have purchased it at launch would have already backed right? im guessing the backers purchases doesn't count for investors?

Top Bottom