• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
Unless the downgrade was for xbone parity in regards to LOOKS but then they had additional processing power left on PS4 so just buffed up the framerate.

/conspiracy.
Seems likely, still I would ask them to give a locked option for those who can't stand judder or we won't hear the end of it. Personally, I prefer a higher frame count over a locked framerate, but different folks..

Where was this? I've only seen journalists make the claim that the game is 1080p, and most of them thought Tropical Freeze was 1080p as well.

If MK8 is running at 1080p 60fps, there's no reason 3D World or TF would have been 720p.
Yeah i thought it was 720p too. But recently i read about 1080p. Fine with me either way

Probably upscaled

TeRey09

Yeah, but 60fps normally make the game play and feel better which could make it slightly more fun.

I played Tomb Raider on Xbox One at whatever framerate it's at and had a blast. The game's mechanics let me have fun, stealth killing mooks, melee combat, and using the bow and arrows was excellent. Never thought about the framerate, never thought it should be higher, I just played the game and had fun.

Watch_Dogs could be 1080p and have a locked 60fps framerate and still it could be a crap game if it's mechanics aren't enjoyable. The driving could feel unresponsive, shooting tacked on, hacking a let down, the story could be CRAP or side content tedious and repetitive and could render that smooth framerate wasted on a bad game.

IcyEyes

Isn't that why people were excited for the locked 30 fps patch?

I'm really curious to know how many people really need a feature like that.
Of course this is a *very* welcome feature since even if just a 5% of the players "need" a locked FPS, the amount of effort to code this option is worth the work!

I personay stopped playing it until the patched 30 lock, more than happy that they did.

I see, that's is pretty interesting.
I don't know any gamer in RL that prefers to play at 30fps locked instead 30-60. That does not mean you are "weird", it's just that I never discussed in these terms with anybody!

What is your concern/problem to play a game with fluctuating FPS (that don't dip below the 30 of course)?

Ploid 3.0

Poor PC gaming. How do we ever manage?

Is framerate ever really locked, even vsync'd? Stable should be the preferred word I think. 59-60 back and forth then hit a 54 back to 60 isn't locked. The PC won't allow it to go over 60 so you can only see the lower frames. Turn it off and you're in the hundreds.

Mr Moose

If this is 60fps, would be we expecting a Tomb Raider-like framerate? If so, I'm OK with that, Tomb Raider was great to play (I'm happy with locked 30, too, like with Black Flag).

N30RYU

Its not a typo if they specifically mention 60fps. What else would it be, 30? Why would they mention that?

Agree, is totaslly nonsense to say it's 30fps... so if weren't 60fps they wouldn't say anyting... so 60fps... another thing is if its 60fps tops unlocked.

Nzyme32

No I am sorry but those regurgitated previews don't confirm anything. The game is 720p max we can bet anything about it.

Forbes "contributor" article? I'll file that link under "random stuff people post online".

Judging by the screens that are popping up more and more from people getting it early, it's native 720p.

I think this article is just wow bad. The game is 720p

Well Eurogamer were the first to confirm it, I'm only doing google searches here, it's not hard to find. They again state 1080p 60fps even during splitscreen. Is there any proof that that is wrong?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rio-kart-8-retro-tracks-compared-to-originals

Portugeezer

Well Eurogamer were the first to confirm it, I'm only doing google searches here, it's not hard to find. They again state 1080p 60fps even during splitscreen. Is there any proof that that is wrong?
Clearly native 720p.

mario-kart-8-on-nintendo-wii-u-4.jpg

MarioKart8-Koopalings.jpg

Edit: people said the same with DK CR Tropical Freeze, screens clearly looked 720p and it turned out to be 720p.

hesido

please god no, is this is another unlocked jumping framerate ALA tomb raider DE this game is a pass for me, the judder is so annoying :(

Just make it optional!

Tomb Raider stays above 50fps a GOOD deal of the time, and stays at 60fps at others, why scrap that 20frames just because it can't show another 10?

Also, not all portions of the game is as demanding as some set-pieces and busy moments and can stay at 60fps, why scrap all those goodness just because it cannot sustain it 100% of the time?

TLDR: Some people prefer 45-50fps with the possibility of 60fps, over an always-30fps experience. Make that an option.

I think this is misinformation rather than a typo. I seriously doubt Ubi got this running at 60fps on PS4. Has there ever been an open world game which ran at 60fps on console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom