• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you got that gif from the Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14 thread?

Really?

Zok310

Banned
If they launch the game looking like that on the PS4 I will so not buy it.
I hope The Division don't come out so poorly.

kadotsu

Banned
This will probably be nothing in comparison to the downgrade The Division will receive. I'm personally all for the karmic backlash that comes with gambling your game's reception only on graphics.

Coolwhip

Banned
Can't wait to see what The Division actually looks like.

hqdefault.jpg

UnrealEck

So they had the game running and looking like it did in the first video at (I think) E3. Why did they have to downgrade it?

Daffy Duck

It was never going to look like the 2012 e3 reveal.

Still doesn't excuse devs pulling this shit all the time though.

Oldsql

We'll need some form of linkage for confirmation.

If true, this is pretty depressing since WD was one of the few truly next-gen looking games on the near horizon. At least we still have iNfAmOuS.

Here´s a tweet from Playstation Denmark confirming that it is the PS4 version.

dhRJe3O.jpg

Kuldar

2 questions:

1. Is the latest footage PS4/XB1 or PS3/360?
2. Was the E3 footage actually running on a PS4 or Ultra-high PC?

Till we get confirmation on these, its hard to know much.
1. Apparently it's from PS4.
2. PS4 spec wasn't even definitive at this time, it was on a ultra-high PC.

HOLY SHIT. That looks absolutely horrible, and e3 was actually a downgrade from the reveal gameplay. wtf happened to this crap? This has to be the last gen version lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So that's on PS360 right?......................RIGHT!?

Ridley327

What the hell have they been doing the past 6 months?

With any luck, avoiding the possibility of the game being a badly stretched-out tech demo like the original Assassin's Creed. It sure as hell doesn't look like a tech demo anymore.

Pooya

now it just looks waaay worse and considering pretty much all the hype this game garnered came from the visuals this does hurt it a lot.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
We'll need some form of linkage for confirmation.

If true, this is pretty depressing since WD was one of the few truly next-gen looking games on the near horizon. At least we still have iNfAmOuS.

Y U NO BELIEVE ME?

AESQFkM.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
It's Ubisoft. This is like.....their thing.

No one with any sense back in 2012 thought the game was going to come anywhere close to what they showed in that debut trailer. The Division will look very different when it is shown again.

_woLf

Holy SHIT.

That can't be real.

It just can't be. They uploaded prototype footage from when it was secretly a PS2 game. Please Ubisoft.

Not like this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ubisoft is reaching Gearbox levels of bullshit...

hawk2025

Here's what I don't understand:

How come AC IV looks so good compared to this? Isn't it the same engine?

That game also has HUGE, open areas (probably even more so than this), and it looks much better as a launch game.

What's going on here? Did Ubi give up on improving the game and is just dumping it on us in May?

Ridley327

Here's what I don't understand:

How come AC IV looks so good compared to this? Isn't it the same engine?

That game also has HUGE, open areas (probably even more so than this), and it looks much better as a launch game.

What's going on here? Did Ubi give up on improving the game and is just dumping it on us in May?

Watch_Dogs is on a new engine called Disrupt. It has nothing to do with Anvil at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom