• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
tumblr_inline_msmlqq56HQ1r80p9c.gif

I'm still getting it but...what the hell happened Ubi?

the demo ran on a i7/GTX 680 and the guy who made knack came back from AMD with a bucket of leftover APUs.

zruben

Banned
Jesus, this thread.

Gonna have a lot of disappointed PS4 and Xbox One owners over the next... 6 years

This is a downgrade from what was originally shown, yes.

It's still a marked improvement over every single last gen open world game in a lot of ways as far as I can tell, enough so that I'm hesitant to say it's simply an up-port. It appears to hold up well against the majority of games available on either PS4 or Xbox One.

I think the problem here is not "Watchdogs vs open world games last gen", the problem is "Watchdogs now vs Watchdogs before".

A sad reality in this industry is that the "bullshots" have evolved into "bulltrailers" and "bulldemos"... nowadays games relies too much on marketing to sell, it's natural for the developers to build hype using this kind of tactics.

However, it's hard not to feel "cheated". We only have ourselves, consumers, to blame.

Norns

Not surprised. I'll wait for the PC version. Still can't find a compelling reason to buy a PS4 or Xbone.

Mondy

Banned
Just dump this shit and redirect whatever development funds it had left to your next South Park game, Ubisoft. Make sure you remember to give Matt and Trey a handsome paycheque.

I'm glad to see this thread pop up. When I looked at the video they just released, I honestly like the graphics looked worse. But this thread just cements that they are. Not saying it looks horrendous...just...off.

Chuck

Still without luck
I hope this stuff gets more press. It's really deceptive and really shouldn't be accepted with just saying it happens all the time. It shouldn't.

KOHIPEET

I pretty fucking hope that's not how the Ps4 version looks like or I won't even touch this game. Not even with a lobg stick.

Namikaze

It's just so jarring to me..we saw it played live on Jimmy Fallon and now it looks PS2 era. How did that even happen? Assassins Creed was a launch game and I think it looks better. Ubisoft plz

MormaPope

Banned
It's marketing man. I'm sure the game will look great, but it won't look like those shots, esp not on a console. Quote that on release day. Still getting the game day 1.

Have you seen the screenshots I'm talking about? Rocksteady developed a game for next gen consoles, its going to look pretty damn similar to the screenshots they released. Rocksteady also doesn't have a shitty track record when it comes to showing the goods.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
For a vita game looks good

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
You do realize Arkham Knight is supposed to come out in less than 10 months? Rocksteady doesn't have the luxury of people forgetting what their game looks like, there is no reason or room for them to release bullshotty bullshots.

I thought that trailer was almost exclusively cut scenes.

I just think you need some glasses, man. That shit looks legitimately poor.

I mean, if you guys cant see it, then I'd suggest just refraining from ever entering threads about graphics. Just play the games and be happy that you cant tell the difference. Its really not an awful thing, so long as you're not coming in here to tell people that a shit looking gif looks just fine and that we should shut up.

I didn't say I can't see a downgrade. Of course, it's obvious.

I'm saying that it's disingenuous to imply that this is on the level of a 360 game, especially based on a cherrypicked selection, given that anyone whose even entered a graphics thread, anyone even moderately capable of 'telling the difference' should at least be able to acknowledge that this game's lighting, post processing, particle effects, texture work, etc. far exceed the capabilities of last generation's consoles.

Play any moderately taxing non-exclusive title on a last generation console and tell me how the experience goes. Tell me if said game gets anywhere near 30 frames standard at an HD resolution looking nearly as good as this game does. You can call me out on nitpicking but I'm not wrong.

rvy

Banned
You laugh now, but you won't find it so funny when The Division gets re-revealed and Dennis goes apeshit at the downgrade.

Einbroch

Banned
Holy shit that downgrade. Looks current gen now.

Well, it's a current gen game up-ressed to 1080p with a few extra special effects thrown in.

I seriously don't know what people expected. The second it was revealed to not be just a next-gen game it was painfully clear it would look like this.

A_Gorilla

Banned
We should have known something was very wrong the moment they announced the delay.

But even then, even my most pessimistic predictions weren't this bad...

I thought that trailer was almost exclusively cut scenes.

It was all CGI from Blur.

People are speaking of the images from the latest issue of GameInformer featuring Arkham Knight, which does look good. Also looks far more in-line what can be accomplished this gen on a non-cross gen game than what we were given at E3 2012 for Watchdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom