• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irobot82

Have you seen the screenshots I'm talking about? Rocksteady developed a game for next gen consoles, its going to look pretty damn similar to the screenshots they released. Rocksteady also doesn't have a shitty track record when it comes to showing the goods.

Yeah I saw them, there is one of Batman jumping out of the batmobile, one of him taking down two dudes in arkham jackets, one of some scarecrow thugs. They look FANTASTIC. They're bullshots. Rocksteady isn't the marketing company, WB is in charge of that stuff.

And this is how its done on PS4 correctly ...

iwreiFAGfgmqI.gif

iYGGv2Hi6ne34.gif
Yum yum yum

Mlatador

Banned
downgrade is pretty noticeable.
never understood the hype for the game, though. was it just visuals? it just seemed like another open world game to me.

Graphics where one half of the hpye, while the other half was the suspensful, subtle, incredibly cool-looking hacking gameplay, with lots of freedom, because you could bacially controll everything in the city and have excess the every information you'd need/like.

I hope the main gameplay of the final version will exactly center around that! Though I have the very bad feeling it won't be much more than a shallow way of connecting you and your next victim you shoot the death :/

Muffdraul

Downgrade Downgrade Downgrade

Whine Whine Whine

Watch Dogs threads here are soooo boring

"Hey look, a thread that I presume will be boring based on past experience. I think I'll go in there and make a snarky, bitchy comment."

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
well this is depressing.

I'm not sure if I should blame Ubi for this downgrade or blame Sony and Microsoft for having weak hardwares.

Knoxcore

I can't believe that's the same game. When we last saw it it already looked like Ubi was having trouble achieving their target render. I thought the delay was to clean all this up. I guess things were worse than we thought.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It was all CGI from Blur.

People are speaking of the images from the latest issue of GameInformer featuring Arkham Knight, which does look good. Also looks far more in-line what can be accomplished this gen on a non-cross gen game than what we were given at E3 2012 for Watchdogs.

I'm not talking about the CG 4 minute trailer, I'm talking about in game screen shots, of the game. Screenshots.

Sorry I never saw them, i'll take a look.

Ubi always does this. I never expected it to match the reveal. The division will be the same story, will end up looking like butt compared to the reveal.

Here's what I don't understand:

How come AC IV looks so good compared to this? Isn't it the same engine?

That game also has HUGE, open areas (probably even more so than this), and it looks much better as a launch game.

What's going on here? Did Ubi give up on improving the game and is just dumping it on us in May?

captured my reaction. i thought ac4 looked great, & i played the ps3 version, so i'm no kinda graphics whore whatsoever. &, yeah, i'm also thinking this's all about just getting the damn game out...

I hope this stuff gets more press. It's really deceptive and really shouldn't be accepted with just saying it happens all the time. It shouldn't.
Really, this. I'm sick of how bullshit these reveals and "gameplay" videos are. You'd think after Killzone2-gate we'd see less of this, but if anything we've seen more.

Its still disappointing, even when you expect it.

TeddyBoy

I wasn't keen on the reveal trailer but this is much worse, just looks awful. I'm still interested in the game, but not at full price.

H3xum

This is all a real let down. I mean it was kind of expected with the delay so close to release but who would have thought it would have been this drastic.

I'd really like a VH1-esque Behind the Game on this one

Lol, UBI is king of deceptive reveals.
Yep. Ever since I saw Red Steel nearly 10 years ago for the Wii, I haven't trusted them since. Games that look good, then we get it and they are different or just flat out suck.
Red Steel is terrible, Assassins Creed is bland and Zombi U is the same as Red Steel. Shit.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think it would have matched the reveal trailer had it not been cross-gen. But alas, PS360 owners still want games.

Screw those guys. They had their fun, it's time to move on. ;_;

Oh well. I'm disappointed, but not disillusioned. It hurts that we probably won't be playing a game that looks like that E3 trailer, but these are just growing pains. Next gen consoles are in our living rooms and it's only a matter of time until the good shit starts rolling out.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Ubi always does this. I never expected it to match the reveal. The division will be the same story, will end up looking like butt compared to the reveal.
All I care about is if the game will have the animations that they were on display at the reveal.

Promise me this and I will be your wife.

Yeah I saw them, there is one of Batman jumping out of the batmobile, one of him taking down two dudes in arkham jackets, one of some scarecrow thugs. They look FANTASTIC. They're bullshots. Rocksteady isn't the marketing company, WB is in charge of that stuff.

You know that not all bullshots are the same, right?

And that there's a difference between what can be accomplished in reality and what is a pipedream?

MormaPope

Banned

So are you suspecting a huge downgrade? Because I'm not. Arkham Knight is going to look better than Watch Dogs, much better.

DocSeuss

This is what happens when you switch away from PC as lead platform. Which, by the way, is proooobably where the delay came from.

rvy

Banned
Why would Ubisoft put an artificial cap on graphical detail of the PC versions of their games?

Hmmm....I'm not sure what makes you believe that but don't stop believing.

Where is this magical land you live in where by playing this on a good rig, it will look even remotely like the initial reveal?

People thinking PS4 will play a lot of new games at 1080p/locked 60fps are out of their minds. It's not even easily achievable on PCs with much better hardware.

RulkezX

It has to be it's cross gen roots. Go look at the Second Son live stream happening right now , it looks incredible .This shit isn't representative of what the current gen consoles can manage.

Irobot82

So are you suspecting a huge downgrade? Because I'm not. Arkham Knight is going to look better than Watch Dogs, much better.

No, I am not expecting it to be a huge downgrade like WD. I do not believe that the game will look like those shots on the consoles. Maybe on the PC. It will look amazing and it will be a visual treat, but it won't be like those bullshots.

EBE

Graphics where one half of the hpye, while the other half was the suspensful, subtle, incredibly cool-looking hacking gameplay, with lots of freedom, because you could bacially controll everything in the city and have excess the every information you'd need/like.

I hope the main gameplay of the final version will exactly center around that! Though I have the very bad feeling it won't be much more than a shallow way of connecting you and your next victim you shoot the death :/

i thought exactly what youre afraid of when i first saw it. it didnt seem terribly exciting. i dont know.
not overly interested in the game but if it turns out somewhat decent i may give it a shot.

visuals still look nice. standards have been inflated beyond reason lately i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom