• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

SJRB

Gold Member
lol. That drives me nuts too. It seems like I always hear the phrase you quoted and then the "They need to crack down on DedSec" line. More variety would be greatly appreciated.

Watchdogs drinking game: drive through The Loop at night and take a shot everytime you hear the drunk NPC yelling "No no I'm fine I'm fine"

You'll be dead in 5 minutes.

I didn't see mention of it here, but the ULC pack is now available on the PS4 for people who purchased the Season Pass. (It was available 2 days ago).

The ULC (Unlockable Content) pack includes all of the pre-order content that was available:

- Palace Pack: Extra mission ‘The Palace’, unlocks ‘Black Market Hard Drives Investigation’ and ATM Hack Boost

- Signature Shot Pack: Extra mission ‘Signature Shot’, unlocks ‘Black Viceroys’ outfit, Biometric Assault Rifle

- Breakthrough Pack: Extra mission ‘Breakthrough’, unlocks ‘Vehicle Expert Perk’

- Cyperpunk Pack: Includes ‘Cyberpunk’ outfit and gun

- DedSec Shadow Pack: Includes ‘DedSec’ outfit and ‘Additional Battery Slot’ Hack Boost

- Blume Agent Pack: Includes ‘Blume’ outfit and weapon boost
Club Justice Pack: Includes ‘Chicago South Club’ outfit and ‘More Hit Points to Vehicles’ Driving Boost

You can get it by going to the PSN Store under the Watchdogs entry and selecting to "purchase" the ULC pack, which will be $0.00 if you have the Season Pass.

EDIT:

Oh, I went back a few pages and saw people mentioning that this was available. I didn't get any notification about it and just happened to be looking for DLC information today and saw they were available. Please ignore if you already knew this info. :)

As far as actually moving, running and stealth, it feels identical to Connor from AC3 straight down to the animation.

Other than that, it's pretty different. The gunplay is actually really good and feels better than GTA. The driving is sloppy and unresponsive but you get used to it and the hacking is unique and can be fun.

It reminds me of Assassin's Creed 1 where they have some good ideas and a good foundation but it needs some work. Watch Dogs 2 should be great just like Assassin's Creed 2.

I would probably wait until it hits $40 if you are on the fence.

agreed, its good but its only worth $40

Kaizer

Banned
I feel dumb, im stuck on the 2nd mission of the game. Ive been profiling people around my area for 30 minutes now and no potential crimes are popping up.

All the other preorder DLC (outfits/weapons etc) is finally available with the season pass, just FYI.

I feel dumb, im stuck on the 2nd mission of the game. Ive been profiling people around my area for 30 minutes now and no potential crimes are popping up.
I don't remember that exact mission, but are you hacking everyone you possibly can? (Square button on PS4.) It might not be enough just to have the profiler running.

Kaizer

Banned
All the other preorder DLC (outfits/weapons etc) is finally available with the season pass, just FYI.

I don't remember that exact mission, but are you hacking everyone you possibly can? (Square button on PS4.) It might not be enough just to have the profiler running.

Not sure what was going on, but I reset the mission and it went perfectly, so who knows what was up. Enjoying the game so far though!

someone spoil me which side mission collect shit has a good payoff.

human trafficing one was meh. serial killer one was stupidly disappointing. How are the others?

SJRB

Gold Member
someone spoil me which side mission collect shit has a good payoff.

human trafficing one was meh. serial killer one was stupidly disappointing. How are the others?

None of them deliver. Missing Persons finale is the worst, Human Trafficing finale is the biggest "fuck you" in the game. Weapons Crates is okay I guess. Burner Phones is just bizarre, you should check it out just to see how stupid it is.

I wonder what happened, it almost feels like they didn't have time to come up with proper payoffs for these missions and just slapped a random ending on all of them. The premise is infinitely better than the finale for all of them.

I didn't see mention of it here, but the ULC pack is now available on the PS4 for people who purchased the Season Pass. (It was available 2 days ago).

Cool, finally able to check out the Blume Agent and Cyberpunk outfit. Nice.

wowlace

Started playing this yesterday. I think it is good so far and it has a dues ex feel to it which I like.

I haven't done many main missions, just messing about fixin and unlock ctos shit. The stealth is pretty good I have to say.

Aiden is just a dead set loser who blames everyone else for the bad things that happen. Such a classic dipshit and I play him as such.

Setsuna

Started playing this yesterday. I think it is good so far and it has a dues ex feel to it which I like.

I haven't done many main missions, just messing about fixin and unlock ctos shit. The stealth is pretty good I have to say.

Aiden is just a dead set loser who blames everyone else for the bad things that happen. Such a classic dipshit and I play him as such.

That's not what happens at all. In fact Aiden takes blame for all of the actions and consequences in the game

There's only one point in the game where he blames someone else entirely, and that's Jordi for failing to kill that one guy at the beginning of the game

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is there any way to check what your own online defense is? You know, when you invade someone elses game it will say strong or weak defense or whatever. I'm curiouus about what my own is.

Also, I fucking hate the rear touch pad. I just failed at killing someone because my silent pistol was equipped and switching weapons with the rear touch pad is grrr. Why is thing so goddamn picky about where your fingers have to be? The rear touch pad is huge. Why can't you just let me touch it wherever I want? It has to be in the exact right spot or it doesn't count. It's dumb. Well I do understand why it's like this. It's so people won't accidentally touch it when they don't want to. It still sucks.

I started this game last night. Does it get any better? I really only finished the first mission and a couple of random side missions.

I hate the main character and the motivating story is not so great so far. The cars also handle terribly and the graphics are not so hot.

I might just bomb through the story missions and get it over with. I'm not in love with the wold enough to do the side missions.

SJRB

Gold Member
The one on the Vita. Remote play.

Ah, I see. No idea sir, I have no Vita.

I started this game last night. Does it get any better? I really only finished the first mission and a couple of random side missions.

I hate the main character and the motivating story is not so great so far. The cars also handle terribly and the graphics are not so hot.

I might just bomb through the story missions and get it over with. I'm not in love with the wold enough to do the side missions.

Joke post? You played one fucking mission.

"Graphics not so hot", lol.

Ah, I see. No idea sir, I have no Vita.

Joke post? You played one fucking mission.

"Graphics not so hot", lol.

Gaming is no different then other media. The opening should grab you and suck you in. This game just didn't do it for me.

And no, the graphics are not so hot. Lighting is borked, jaggies everywhere, pop in all over the place etc etc.

GTA5 upgrade looks better than this. Heck, GTA5 last gen looks better in many respects.

EDIT: I should add that I suspected the premise was going to be about an overbearing corporation running an invasive security system and you were a hacker that was trying to free the people. You know, like how the trailers played it up to be...but no. So far it is some bullshit revenge mission. Why, UBI. Why.

SJRB

Gold Member

The ULC (Unlockable Content) pack includes all of the pre-order content that was available:

- Palace Pack: Extra mission ‘The Palace’, unlocks ‘Black Market Hard Drives Investigation’ and ATM Hack Boost

- Signature Shot Pack: Extra mission ‘Signature Shot’, unlocks ‘Black Viceroys’ outfit, Biometric Assault Rifle

- Breakthrough Pack: Extra mission ‘Breakthrough’, unlocks ‘Vehicle Expert Perk’

- Cyperpunk Pack: Includes ‘Cyberpunk’ outfit and gun

- DedSec Shadow Pack: Includes ‘DedSec’ outfit and ‘Additional Battery Slot’ Hack Boost

- Blume Agent Pack: Includes ‘Blume’ outfit and weapon boost
Club Justice Pack: Includes ‘Chicago South Club’ outfit and ‘More Hit Points to Vehicles’ Driving Boost

You can get it by going to the PSN Store under the Watchdogs entry and selecting to "purchase" the ULC pack, which will be $0.00 if you have the Season Pass.

EDIT:

Oh, I went back a few pages and saw people mentioning that this was available. I didn't get any notification about it and just happened to be looking for DLC information today and saw they were available. Please ignore if you already knew this info. :)

Just to give an update on this: I was searching the PSN store [both ingame and through the PS4 menu] and couldn't find anything. Googled around for a bit and finally discovered the ULC pack is only available in the US for some bizarre reason. Europe only got the Signature Shot pack unlocked, the rest is coming god knows when.

Getting that Season Pass was totally worth it. Ubisoft, you idiots.

Lrrr

I'm about half way through Act 2 and I'm already mainlining the story missions to get to the end as I am so bored.

This is me right now. I started off exploring the city and doing side stuff to engross myself, but got bored quickly and now I'm trying to fast-track my way to the end so I can sell/trade this in.

RyudBoy

I can't... I just fucking can't.

This stupid extreme level 6 drinking game in Pawnee... just ridiculous. Doesn't help that something is wrong with my XB1, and the right analog stick on my controller keeps drifting upwards.

It's the last achievement I need, but screw it. I'm done for now. I might go back to it later, but probably won't bother. A real big downer on otherwise what I'd consider an incredible game. I've really enjoyed it for the most part (97.3% to be exact).

Piss off, drinking game.

I wonder how many if any gaf players I have invaded or been invaded by on Xbox One
(`・ω・´) Its an interesting thought as we all sit here and talk about the game.

Rflagg

Just finished game overall pretty dang good, I really feel like I got my moneys worth. Those final few missions,
I let Maurice walk away, because in my mind Aiden was a changed man after everything

Just finished game overall pretty dang good, I really feel like I got my moneys worth. Those final few missions,
I let Maurice walk away, because in my mind Aiden was a changed man after everything

I shot him because I didn't realize I could let him live. I died only seconds earlier by not responding to a quicktime event fast enough. Kinda wish I let him live though. Would probably make for a more interesting ending.

Oh well. The game's plot was so damn bad... I didn't care that much either way :)

Vodh

I've completed the Signature Shot mission, got the gun, but not the Black Viceroy outfit. Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas for a fix?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Gaming is no different then other media. The opening should grab you and suck you in. This game just didn't do it for me.

And no, the graphics are not so hot. Lighting is borked, jaggies everywhere, pop in all over the place etc etc.

GTA5 upgrade looks better than this. Heck, GTA5 last gen looks better in many respects.

EDIT: I should add that I suspected the premise was going to be about an overbearing corporation running an invasive security system and you were a hacker that was trying to free the people. You know, like how the trailers played it up to be...but no. So far it is some bullshit revenge mission. Why, UBI. Why.
They literally never advertised it as that....did you watch any story trailers at all? Or read the back of the game case? Or a single interview with the devs on the story?

krae_man

"The Loop" fixer contract took me over an hour to complete. That thing was a pain in the ass. "Don't kill two guys in the middle of a convoy that has 20 people with Uzi's in it. Also the two guys you have to take down hand to hand have shotguns"

Tried ramming the cars; got my ass kicked. Tried to cause an accident at an intersection; got my ass kicked. Tried blocking them in an alley; pedestrians called the cops and the cops killed one of the guys I had to knock down.

Eventually I was able to kill everyone but the two targets and just wait for them to come looking for me but even then they got a couple of shotgun rounds into me.

Glad that's over and done with.

But on the plus side, I've got the hang of gang hideouts. I got in and out of the last one before they knew what hit em.

Setsuna

Shoot or Walk away?
Walked away.
He regrets what he has done. Shooting him is acceptable too because he was under ctOS control. He was reciting the Fibonacci sequence.

Maybe if they unlock play slots I will play the game again.
Maybe with no distractions and playing straight through the story I could stay more connected.

I shot him then i felt bad after i listened to his audio logs

I can't... I just fucking can't.

This stupid extreme level 6 drinking game in Pawnee... just ridiculous. Doesn't help that something is wrong with my XB1, and the right analog stick on my controller keeps drifting upwards.

It's the last achievement I need, but screw it. I'm done for now. I might go back to it later, but probably won't bother. A real big downer on otherwise what I'd consider an incredible game. I've really enjoyed it for the most part (97.3% to be exact).

Piss off, drinking game.
I beat the level 6 drinking game in Pawnee my very first time, which was odd since everyone says it's the hardest, and I found the analog stick drinking games harder than the button presses.

Then I failed level 7 five times in a row, even though it was button pressing and people found it easier.

Here's the trick for level 6 (and 8 and 10): whenever you get two different circles/analog sticks, focus your eyes in between them. It feels weird at first, but your brain honestly picks up both circles and you're able to move both analog sticks at the same time much easier. Try it.

Vodh

Weird, I am digging this game. Maybe the fact that I have never played any Assasin's Creed is telling.

I think WD has gotten way more shit than it deserves. It's an enjoyable game - not without flaws, of course, but in general it looks great and feels good to play. I've enjoyed it a lot and still play every now and then. It's got some issues, it does follow the Ubi template a lot, but it's still an enjoyable game.

The plot does require substantial amounts of disbelief suspension and even then occasionally hits you in the face with something too inconsistent or dumb, but the series of missions it leads you through are pretty cool.

SJRB

Gold Member
I can't get over how amazing the city's design is. Ubi's art team did an incredible job. Watchdogs' Chicago really feels like a big metropolis, and the layering of the buildings is incredibly well done. Mad Mile is my favourite area by far. Fascinating blend between classic and contemporary architecture with many, many subtle touches like the use of neon.

18A6rPS.jpg

hC2INA7.jpg

gcU9wgM.jpg

The game is visually engaging on literally every streetcorner, there's always something that grabs my attention - a billboard, graffiti, a piece of art, some unique building. In terms of city design I've never seen anything like it.

j0d65QU.jpg

dJmkACH.jpg

R95IqRc.jpg

The amount of statues and random art I see everywhere is remarkable. A lot of it is very modern too, which I absolutely love. Much focus on triangular and cubical shapes. Ubi went the extra mile with their art design and I think that's awesome.

[pardon the rough aliasing, PS4's screenshot function does that for some reason]

Dezzy

I've looked forward to this game for a long time, but now that it's here and I've been playing it, I'm actually finding it fairly boring. Story doesn't grab me, and so far the missions are all the same. Sneak/shoot your way to a goal, escape, then a car chase. I haven't really enjoyed them.
I'm still pretty early in the game though, I'm on the
find Racine
mission.
Does the story get better soon? Do the missions get more creative and interesting?

Not especially.

Someone hacked me today just as i got stuck in some rocks, had to sit there and wait for him to hack me before i could fast travel out. Wasn't frustrating at all ;)

Lima

I beat the level 6 drinking game in Pawnee my very first time, which was odd since everyone says it's the hardest, and I found the analog stick drinking games harder than the button presses.

Then I failed level 7 five times in a row, even though it was button pressing and people found it easier.

Here's the trick for level 6 (and 8 and 10): whenever you get two different circles/analog sticks, focus your eyes in between them. It feels weird at first, but your brain honestly picks up both circles and you're able to move both analog sticks at the same time much easier. Try it.

I find the analog stick ones to be ridiculously easy. I get them on my first try. The fucking buttons are hard for me though.

I've looked forward to this game for a long time, but now that it's here and I've been playing it, I'm actually finding it fairly boring. Story doesn't grab me, and so far the missions are all the same. Sneak/shoot your way to a goal, escape, then a car chase. I haven't really enjoyed them.
I'm still pretty early in the game though, I'm on the
find Racine
mission.
Does the story get better soon? Do the missions get more creative and interesting?

Story missions are really varied and well done in my opinion.

Lima

Aha that fucking drinking game done. Just in time for the World Cup match. 1k done. Phew.

20140629_154549000_iof0jf2.png

Also the guy that did the German description was fucking drunk. It should be "Erreichen Sie Runde 10 gegen alle 3 Trinkspiel-Gegner"

iNvid02

Managed to wrap it up over the last week or so and enjoyed most of it, definitley a stronger start to a new franchise than AC was all those years ago, a sequel will be inevitable in a couple of years time, lets hope its an AC2 level jump in quality.

Liked:

- Visuals. Didn't measure up to the E3 2012 demo >:O but it still looked good.
Something about the colour and style they opted for, combined with the lighting & crisp IQ on PC gave it a pleasing look.
You could see the last gen constraints in some places, but in others the game really shone.

- Gameplay. Approached most of the game with stealth in mind, it felt very similar to Blacklist last year (an underrated game).
Silenced 1911 and Goblin, baton takedowns and camera chain hacking combined with the fluid movement and animation made it very enjoyable to play sneakily.
Eventually got accustomed to the aracdey driving and had fun with it, favourite vehicle ended up being the Sanchez style dirt bike found in Pawnee.
Throwing up traffic lights, blockers, spike strips, steam pipes and bridges mid-chase was always great. And the blackout, that never seemed to got old.

- Chicago. Making it look good was only half the job, making it feel alive was the other. I think they managed to accomplish both. NPC and traffic density were good
throughout, the profiler added another layer to all NPCs, the illusion of people going about their lives was solid, aside from midday which looked kind of bland, the
day/night cycles looked nice (sunrise and sunset especially), the weather system was kind of limited but the wind, rain and lightning looked great, and were all infrequent
enough to stop them becoming worn. There was enough variety with the rural area of Pawnee, the towering skyscrapers, suburban neighbourhoods, and the backend alleys
to never feel as though you were retreading ground constantly.

- Multiplayer. The Dark Souls esque invasion modes were easily my favourites, pulling off a sucessful tail without the other player knowing you were even there
was really satisfying. The rest of the multiplayer was pretty standard but those couple of invasion modes were just super tense and fun to replay.

- Interesting Side Missions. None of the side content came across as really poor which was a a nice surprise, the Serial Killer investigation,
gang hideouts, and digital trips were the highlight for me. The privacy invasions weren't bad either, although got too repetitive for me in the end.
The ones i did find ranged from humurous to downright dark - there was one with a cancer patient in remission lying dead in his apartment with his son's
voicemail message playing in the background, telling his father he was never a bother to care for, and that he would be around soon to check up on him...

Disliked:

- uPlay shitting the bed. The first few days were a mess for the online functionality, I was disappointed but cracked on with the story. It seemed like everything
was fianlly running smoothly near that first weekend, I managed to get in a few games of tailing and hacking which were super tense and fun, but then a game breaking bug
surfaced where it got stuck loading due to some cloud synchronization issue with uPlay. The whole thing pissed me off - if you're going to force people to use your
service, make damned sure you can handle the demand (industry record preorders should have given them a clue..). The press covered it pretty well actually, it
definitley hurt Ubi PR (uPlay has never been popular to begin with), so hopefully they've learned their lesson from this fiasco for the other major releases this
year in Far Cry 4 and AC Unity.

- Aiden. He was kind of flat, his dead eyes didnt help things either. I think it would have bothered me a whole lot more were he not surrounded by
some interesting companions in Jordi and Clara. I think they need a fresh set of surrounding characters for the next one or to replace Aiden himself.

- Ending. I thought the story was decent aside from a few hiccups along the way, but towards the end it started to get frustrating due to the last few missions where they just threw everything but the kitchen sink at you.
It just made finally finishing the game a bit of a chore which is the exact opposite reaction you want from players in my opinion.

Still an open world crime game at its core, but I feel it managed to differentiate itself enough from GTA, so not bad at all.
If the series does follow in Assassin's Creed footsteps and globetrots, I would like to see London next.

Top Bottom