• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Welcome to Chicago Trailer

RedAssedApe

Banned
maybe its just because i haven't been keeping tabs on this that much over the years due to it being so far away from release back in 2012.

but i think it looks good :shrugs:

will he cool if its able to generate random missions...most of the open world stuff in other games is scripted and/or the same type of missions over and over again or there is barely any interaction with the npcs

Kade

Is this the ps2 version?

It's a screenshot of Ubisoft Montreal's Watch_Dogs which is coming out on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 on May 27th, 2014 and at a later date for the Wii U. There isn't a PS2 version of the game.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really enjoying the voyeurism in Chicago angle they're going for. I'm excited to explore a new open world, visual downgrade and all. After the delay, I really wondered how the game design would be changed, and their Rockstar-inspired trailer was neat. There are some cool NPC behavioral reactions, and the city (outside of the terrible lighting) looks pretty.

It's going to be a PG-13 affair. Ubisoft isn't going to actually make a dark game, especially when they're trying to start a new franchise. Rick & Morty will push the limits more than this game.

It's a screenshot of Ubisoft Montreal's Watch_Dogs which is coming out on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 on May 27th, 2014 and at a later date for the Wii U. There isn't a PS2 version of the game.

He was being sarcastic. Comparing this game's graphics to a PS2/N64 to critique the fidelity is a small meme now.

I want to know what this thing does.

WTF.jpg

cakely

Also, it's way too fucking sunny to be Chicago. Chicago's terrible weather is one of the key facets that brings the dreariness/character to the city and it's culture. The place is really only enjoyable from early June to Late October.

The weather is fine here in the summer. I have a serious farmer's tan every fall as a result of riding in all that sun. It hits 100F at some point every summer.

(Looks out the window)

Sadly, we're not there, yet.

DrKelpo

Banned
Shesh... Incredible how bland this game looks now after such a reveal...

Sorry, but doesn't look like next gen... Most of it looks just like the gta 5 trailers... Gta 5.5 at the most.

Hopefully the gameplay and the graphics at night are any good...

Phil4000

Hope this game turns out well, the premise looks interesting.
That being said the visuals didn't look too great, was that PS4 gameplay?

Eeeesshh.

I'll still get it though. I'm still interested in the gameplay and whole idea, even if does end up being an AC collectathon. It is disappointing about the graphics though. But maybe it'll look and feel better when actually playing it in person.

And yes, that is totally inspired by Rockstar's trailers.

Looks decent, nothing like the reveal, but as long as it's fun....Has there been any mention at all about possible radio stations?

Anteater

Looks pretty good graphically, I think it's mostly the daytime that looks less impressive, I guess it will look a bit inconsistent like sleeping dogs

Hype reaching critical(ly low) levels. Such a shame; I remember being SO excited for next gen during the initial reveal. Now it seems like nothing will get me excited for this game anymore. It just looks boring to me, and the graphics pale in comparison to the beauty that is Infamous: Second Son.

What I've heard about the hacking mechanic isn't exciting. Not really interested in the ability to know something about every pedestrian, for example. The rest of the game comes across as being structured very similarly to Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 3, and looks to pale in comparison to an open-world, modern-city game such as GTA V. I really hope to be proven wrong.

This is the first footage/trailer I watched since that original gameplay sequence in which he starts out walking down the street and hacking sh*t. WTF happened to this game? Seriously looks like gta opening sequence, except with worse camera play.

After putting about one hundred hours of play into the Xbox 360 version of GTA V I'm very familiar with last generation open-world console games look like. The answer is "Much, much better than Watch Dogs". GTA V had some jaw-dropping scenery and lighting.
That's horseshit

Go back and play GTA V right now dawg. Observe a fantastic art direction and density to the world forged and enabled by years of being the leader in the field and the biggest budget in gaming by far, which not every dev has at their disposal, clearly. And despite that, watch as textures appear to be at a low quality at a distance, how "' " 'flat' " '" the lighting on buildings is at night. Take note of the resolution, the aliasing, the fact that anything that relatively taxes the game shoots it noticeably south of 30fps. Rose tinted memories dawg

I mean artistically GTA V arguably blows this out of the water but purely technically speaking... no.

Dysun

Looks quite bland, hype cannot plummet any further. I guess it's a good thing its hitting during the summer drought

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Whatever happened with that E3 2012 reveal gameplay. This looks so static and different than the video showed back then.
The more footage they show, the more hype i lose.

Definitely skipping and waiting for a %75 OFF.

cjp

Why is it running at 15fps?

ifGQss9q9Rjvr.png

The reveal trailer...
Such promise much hope

I know a place on the edge of the Red Light District where we can lay low, but my hands are all messed up so you better drive, brother.

dark_chris

Gold Member
It bothers me that some parts of Chicago doesn't look like Chicago. There are no mountains and there are no windmills in the city. There's only one windmill but it's way out west close to the airport and that's usually hidden.

It's irking me

Hoodbury

Still looks good to me besides a few of those shots. Going to preorder from Best Buy, it's one of their promoted games if you are a reward member and if you preorder you get 10$ in reward points.

The camera work at the beginning of the trailer was annoying though.

Top Bottom