• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waypoint Thread: Vice City Stories

Hasney

Austin read some of that piece on the podcast feed. Fuck, you can hear how upset he is and I can hardly blame him, but that took balls to read it while its so fresh.

Catvoca

Banned
Just as another heads up, you should NOT have to change your RSS feed or anything if you're already subscribed to the podcast. Only the name has changed, the feeds have not.

Catvoca

Banned
The Friday podcast is up, technically the first official episode of Waypoint Radio. It's pretty damn good, they talk about the election (and Austin's article) as well as some COD and NES classic discussion.

I also updated the OP with a bunch more info.

Salarians

I am so glad Waypoint exists.

Edit:
an optimistic ending for making the drink orders correctly, a cynical ending for messing up too many

Zornack

Am I just terrible at navigating their website or have they really not produced a video in the two weeks since they launched?

jaina

Am I just terrible at navigating their website or have they really not produced a video in the two weeks since they launched?

They're still getting used to the new office.

(and also released the archives of the 72 hours)

Waypoint's publisher Joel Fowler said:

edit: Danielle actually did a NES Mini stream on Wednesday: https://www.twitch.tv/waypoint/videos/all

kuppy

So I'm making my way through the 72h stream archive and just got to the anime segment. Uuuuhh.

Amazing stream so far, great guests. They put in the work, good job. This should last me a while.

The anime segments were great! They kinda reminded me of when Austin and Vinny would go off about Gundam or whatever while Alex would just get more confused

The anime segments were great! They kinda reminded me of when Austin and Vinny would go off about Gundam or whatever while Alex would just get more confused

It made me realize that explaining JoJo to someone who has no clue about anime makes it sounds like it's from another world.

"Oh he's also a vampire".

I want Patrick to watch and report on EVA. Get on it.

Still catching up with the podcast, up to 9, and Dogs In The Vineyard sounds fascinating. Has anyone played it? Can you play games like that solo?

MSScaeva

Neo Member
Still catching up with the podcast, up to 9, and Dogs In The Vineyard sounds fascinating. Has anyone played it? Can you play games like that solo?

I haven't been able to play Dogs, though I've read the rule book twice and have watched the session Austin was on. As with most tabletop RPGs you need multiple people to play it. I've played games by the same author, and when it clicks for everyone at the table it's like storytelling magic.

I've really been enjoying Waypoint so far. The podcast is really good, the articles are amazing, and the 72 hour launch stream was something else.

GeoGonzo

Patrick I love you but you gotta cut down on the y'know speech tic. It's really hashing my vibe
Oh yes. The mini NES supply part, right? That was rough. It clearly comes and goes though so I'd guess he knows about it and is working on it but slips his mind from time to time.

Jintor

I get it, it's just a space filler. Two years of living in Japan and I automatically got eeeto every time I need to pause.

But yo, Patrick, dude

Anno

Austin's few minutes about WD2 is literally the only thing I've ever heard or seen about this game that makes me think better of it. I hope the rest of the game goes as well.

Lingitiz

I get it, it's just a space filler. Two years of living in Japan and I automatically got eeeto every time I need to pause.

But yo, Patrick, dude
Patrick's great but I find him sounding weirdly uncomfortable on this podcast. More so than the others I've heard him on. He seems constantly out of breath and struggles to make his opinions in long uninterrupted monologues.

Jeffrey

was planning on getting W_D2 for ps4, but hearing mixed things about ps4pro support, guess ill wait for the pc version with ff15's ps4p update being in dec, it all kinda works out.

Top Bottom