• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Since im late, ill just post both at the same time. I couldnt think of one thing for Mirror's Edge that i could do properly or that hadnt been done. :^(

Here is Madworld, 2 page piece.

page 1, side bar:
34z0zty.jpg

Page 2:
28mjzeu.jpg

Braid:
xoqern.jpg

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
The nice thing about doing this Braid-stuff is that there's so much artwork to use, and most of the time it fits with each other. I was surprised to see how well Tim fit in on that picture of the hourglass on the ad I made a couple of pages ago, for instance.

brentech

orioto said:
I wanted to do something about art but hm... anyway ! I suck so much at page layout :'(

other alternative
I like the layout of your second iteration over the first. Better use of the space, imo - and the black borders don't seem to look out of place.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
mik said:
Not a very hard-hitting ad, but I was really interested in doing the name as an ambigram--I think that alone helps to describe the game, even without any imagery.

braid-2.jpg

I lovelovelove this, but isn't it a bit spoilerific? Seriously great job though.

pakkit

Banned
Jedeye Sniv said:
I lovelovelove this, but isn't it a bit spoilerific? Seriously great job though.
Having no knowledge of the game's story, all these commercials have driven me to do is search the internets like a madman in hopes of figuring out what happened.

All I know: Tim is looking for the princess. He mad a mistake, and he wants to erase it.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
pakkit said:
Having no knowledge of the game's story, all these commercials have driven me to do is search the internets like a madman in hopes of figuring out what happened.

All I know: Tim is looking for the princess. He mad a mistake, and he wants to erase it.

It should drive you to your Xbox like a madman in hopes of having 1200 points in your account.

xintin said:
check it out
n19840559024_1221182_4145.jpg

the madworld team saw the thread and liked our designs :)
this is from their whiteboard at Platinum Games.
This should go on the front page of the thread, our badge of honor from Platinum Games.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Congrats on getting yourselves noticed by the Platinum Games team! Though I still think they should've stuck Geek's one up on the whiteboard too...

Everyone in this thread is flippin' amazing. You're doing amazing jobs advertising this stuff.

hitoshi

Even though TF2 is one of my all time favourite games, I haven't got the slightest clue what to do. I'm sitting here in front of Photoshop, passing the 2th hour and I've just scrapped my sixth concept. I think I might have to sit this out :(

Akia

McBacon that looks awesome. Props.

You should do a Team Red version of that poster but change the screenshots to make it look a little different.

AniHawk

McBacon, really like your Team Fortress 2 one, but I'd appreciate people not posting whatever next one until the topic changes over.

AniHawk

hitoshi said:
Even though TF2 is one of my all time favourite games, I haven't got the slightest clue what to do. I'm sitting here in front of Photoshop, passing the 2th hour and I've just scrapped my sixth concept. I think I might have to sit this out :(

Heh. Mirror's Edge and Braid were my two favorite games of 08 and I blanked on both of them. I think I trashed about 2-3 ideas for them both before doing the second ones.

AniHawk

Never played TF2 before, but I liked the art style a lot. That said, I couldn't really think of anything super cool like everyone else will be able to.

I'll post it in a few minutes. Gonna update the first post first.

EDIT: Okay. First post updated with the Platinum Games dealy, the Braid ads on sendspace, and the due date for TF2. The flickr thing won't be updated anymore, since it reached its limit with MadWorld.

Top Bottom