• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Mdk7

xintin said:
sf4-ad.jpg
Wow.
i'll skip this one as well, i've got stuff to do for an exam...
However kudos to you all guys, rad works as usual!

FoxSpirit

xintin said:
*awesome pic*

Okay, that's really, really hot.

frontieruk, your's is also really good but choose another punchline than Gokusan desu.
Think of a better punchline because the pimphand joke is great... please :D

frontieruk

Sorry my knowledge of SF ended at II in the arcades, a quick google of E.Honda quotes brought that one up and thought it was kinda appropriate as he's accepting a compliment, suggestions welcome tho'

Yaceka said:
EDIT: Damn... I went back a page to look at the others, and I found out someone else did a similar one.
Don't worry, mine was a parody with a Seinfeld reference, not a serious effort :D

Threi

notag
Android18a said:
Across:
1. Mask?
5. dunno
6. Barrels?
7. Blanka
8. Capcom
11. Bison?
13. Honda?
15. Dunno

Down:
1. DoubleKo?
3. Shoryuken (should be hadouken)?
4. MortalKombat?
9. Alpha
10. ChunLi?
12. Cammy?
14. Guile

the best i could do :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
a bunch of people said:
discussion of why some games have a bad turnout
Personally speaking, this thing is going at way too fast a pace for me to even bother keeping up. 6 topics in 2 weeks is an utterly ridiculous and unsustainable pace, I'm not surprised in the least to see signs of burnout. Make the topics weekly, let people stew their ideas more and get more of a chance at some downtime to work on them, and you'll see more, and better-realized, submissions.

TheGOHN

Shig said:
Personally speaking, this thing is going at way too fast a pace for me to even bother keeping up. 6 topics in 2 weeks is an utterly ridiculous and unsustainable pace, I'm not surprised in the least to see signs of burnout. Make the topics weekly, let people stew their ideas more and get more of a chance at some downtime to work on them, and you'll see more, and better-realized, submissions.

This makes sense.

Shig said:

Agreed. As much as I love this, I just don't have time to participate in each one and it would be nice to have a bit more time to fine tune our submissions. Aside from that, I don't find Braid or TF2 particularly interesting choices, but that's just my personal opinion.

frontieruk

Shig said:

I agree with the above.

Jugendstil said:
Aside from that, I don't find Braid or TF2 particularly interesting choices, but that's just my personal opinion.

Is their a vote for the next topic, or does the OP pick something out a hat?

Shig said:
I am unlikely to take part in this thread but check it often to see the new stuff and have to say that i totally agree.
People need more time to make their adverts as not everyone can devote and hour or 2 every few nights to make one.

If i wanted to make one i'd need at least 2/3 days to even get a start!

I'd also like to see things slowed down. I had to rush to even get the one ad I've done out within the window, and if I even had an idea for anything else I wouldn't have had a chance. Give people like four or five days at least to work on a single game before moving on.

charlequin said:
I'd also like to see things slowed down. I had to rush to even get the one ad I've done out within the window, and if I even had an idea for anything else I wouldn't have had a chance. Give people like four or five days at least to work on a single game before moving on.

Yep. I'm trying to juggle work, my family, games, writing and studying design. I'm lucky if I can find any time to seriously dedicate to one of the games in this thread before we're on to the next.

Start a new one on Sunday night and run it through the week with the next one being revealed some time during the week or on Saturday, please.

Canti

I'd like an extension on this too, haven't had a good idea for SF4 yet and otherwise it'll probably be over by the time I do XD More time = better thought out ideas.

Shig said:

That's what happened to me. I did all the games so far except TF2 and SFIV because I burned myself out making ads for the other games.

TF2 is my favorite multiplayer game out right now so it sucks I couldn't find the energy to do an ad.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I also thought the SFIV one came up rather suddenly. Wasn't expecting it, so naturally, since I wanted to do one, I rushed mine so that I wouldn't spoil my chances.

I think one per week is better. Also, the best thing would be to be able to submit your work when it's done instead of showing it directly. Alternatively, set a date to reveal your work.

That way, no one can say they stole another person's idea AND it would probably make more people join in since they won't think that "everything's been done already".

How about it?

FoxSpirit

Shig said:

Good point, I definitely support this.
*looks at Anihawk*
How about it, let SFIV stew a bit longer. Espcially if you want this topic to keep going for a year... 1 ad per week will be a good deal for all who are interested. Gives you something to think during some dull working hours.
My 2c :)

Top Bottom