• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

ng37mb.jpg

=3

Azure J

Android18a said:
http://i45.tinypic.com/ng37mb.jpg
=3

Manly ass tears were shed looking at this. Seriously this is the kind of ad that would get any lapsed Pokemon player from that gen interested.

AniHawk

I'm only reluctantly a Pokemon fan (I buy the generational releases and have blinders on to everything else), but damn if that isn't fine looking, Android18.

Magni

Johto <3

Fabulous work Android, fabulous =)

edit: just read the fine print. Fabulous work unknown artist, and thanks Android for sharing :D

Victrix

*beard*
I'm not a Pokemon fan at all and that's amazing

It's embarassing how much better some of these ads are than their real marketing ads

Ok,first off, tnx Xintin i used used your poster for a template and thanks Sega 91 for inspiration :D
I view this as a rough Proof of concept (In other words, i couldnt be arsed doing it perfect)
MICKY.jpg

Tf53

mik said:
http://i49.tinypic.com/w1a3oz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

As someone who finished the game, I see what you were going for, but I'm not sure if it evokes as much emotion as I would have hoped. That, and I don't know if people who haven't played the game will get it. IMHO, not your best work.

I don't mean to be an ass, and I don't even know whether you want criticism or not, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents anyway. :)

mik

mik is unbeatable
I mostly just liked the symmetry of the blood splotch and the balloon, from a design perspective. That and the part where the balloon floats away in the game really got to me--maybe because I'm a dad... who knows.

SILVO

Banned
Man, if someone doesn't make one with Dudebro on top of a pile of corpses with a cigar in his mouth, holding a busty chick in one arm, an m60 in the other, and the tagline "THE DUDEBRO ABIDES", I'm going to be disappointed.

If only I knew how to use photoshop...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. That FFXIII ad is breathtaking if a bit busy.

2. Android's Pokemon ad is good, but I've never played a Pokemon game so it doesn't speak to me at all. Just a thought--that kind of campaign would really work for former players but may not get new players in.

3. Android's MOVE ad is beautiful, but needs some typography love.

4. Jocchan's Dudebro2 dictionary/magnifying glass ad is fantastic.

AniHawk

xintin sure loves his Final Fantasy. I was just going through my laptop today and found the magazine he was working on where there's tons of FF stuff.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thanks to Ani and Red Scarlet for making Two Out Rally the new subject/honoree/victim of these awesome magazine ads. Thanks guys!

Here's some info about the game:
1. Two Out Rally is a F2P/freemium Baseball MMORPG that allows the end user to create players and manage teams to his own liking.

2. It takes place in a world in which the majors never recovered from the strike. An extremely wealthy mogul bought up all the remaining baseball leagues around the world, and the game represents his attempts to unite them into the World Baseball League.

3. We're alpha testing in April with an intent to launch open beta by May. We're designing to support most browsers, including IE6.

Relevant Media/Resources
1. Huge Transparent Logo
2. Facebook Fan Page
3. Example Idea for Ad:

TOR-cubicle-series-1.png

I think this would be better if I could figure out how to make it look like stadium light is coming out of "Your Cube."

Is there any baseball playing in Two Out Rally, or is it more of a coaching/managing sort of thing? What is the core mechanic of the game? Who is the target for the game?

This kind of stuff will help in making an ad.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
timetokill said:
Is there any baseball playing in Two Out Rally, or is it more of a coaching/managing sort of thing? What is the core mechanic of the game? Who is the target for the game?

This kind of stuff will help in making an ad.

Good idea. Here's a quick rundown:

What is it?
Two Out Rally, Baseball MMORPG is a free-to-play baseball game playable in most if not all internet browsers.

It is an MMO, which means it is open to any number of online players at a given time. It is also an RPG, which means there are player-creation, personality-management, and team-management elements that each member of Two Out Rally can decide for themselves.

How does it work??

Scouts
Each member of Two Out Rally is a Scout. Scouts can create and manage players and teams, and will be ranked dependent upon their success.

Players
All scouts start with one player to create. Player creation involves determining first/last name, position, handedness, height/weight, background (baseball preparation), personality type, and attribute distribution.

Once signed to a team, players gain experience by playing games. Once enough experience is gained, players will 'level-up' and can improve attributes of their choice. As players level up, they can move up through the league ranks until they can enter the professional World Baseball League.

Teams
Scouts can purchase ownership and manage a team. Team management includes finding and signing players, determining pitcher rotation, setting series' lineups, and managing situational defense.

Games
Each season is 162 games, and each team plays a 3-game series, simmed nightly. At the end of the season, qualified teams will enter the championship bracket.

Gamechangers
[it's a secret]

Who do we want and what do we want them to know?
Our target markets are male office workers, 25-35, and male students, 15-25. Segmented demographics include baseball fans, fantasy baseball fans, and sabermetricians.

Our message is "Whether you have 5 minutes or 5 hours..." (a reference to computer free time either at the office or in class) and "Create. Coach. Conquer." (a reference to the three goals of the game). We're launching limited alpha testing on Opening Day and will be opening for public beta in May.

Corto

That Pokemon ad makes your heart hurt... in a good way! Fantastic job!

Mik's works on Heavy Rain and God of War are on par with his previous ads. Superb. I would love to see some rain drops or rain effects on the Heavy Rain ad though. Maybe it would be less subtle than what you were looking for but maybe it would turn out really well...

We officially need to reignite this. It's a travesty how such an epic thread is dwindling like a candle in the wind. *cough*

Post f*ckin' ads, people.

Please? :) I Love you All.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Android18a said:
We officially need to reignite this. It's a travesty how such an epic thread is dwindling like a candle in the wind. *cough*

Post f*ckin' ads, people.

Please? :) I Love you All.

The best way to increase interest is to continue posting great ads, Android! I'll have to come up with a couple as well and hopefully get this going.

AniHawk

Baseball recovered from the strike?

Anyway, it's nice looking, but the type at the bottom needs better kerning. Especially that last line.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
AniHawk said:
Looks a lot better, Panther.

Thanks Ani.

@Android, others, all: I'm starting to realize how important artwork and quality photos matter. Clever text and text effects can only do so much.

Yes. Although clever text is important, the art and style of the ad is what stops someone turning the page over without reading it. The primary objective is to catch the eye and make them look at the page. The text is secondary to that, although still important. That Strike one is bold and eyecatching - the sort of ad that'd get a second glance in a magazine.

Top Bottom