• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Webhosting. (High Bandwidth) Anyone got any hookups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any hookups on high-bandwidth hosting? Like, reaaaaally, reaaaally high bandwidth throughput? :lol I'd be willing to pay a small amount of money for maybe a month and a half of hosting a small 4.5 meg file. If you don't have this available to you, do you know of any hookups that do? I would have posted this in the original thread about Dreamhost, but this is a significantly different request considering the amount of bandwidth I need. I just don't have 3-400 dollars laying around to host 1 file.

As an additional favor, I'd be willing to advertise anything that you wanted to be advertised somewhere within the content of the website we're working on.

demi

Lhadatt said:
How many hits do you expect? PM me.

Lohan Freestyle should give you a general idea!

ps jeff i have more hot SPACED photographs you can mistakenly add to your flashes!!111

aoi tsuki

No, but i'll be willing to host the file for a while after your server inevitably goes down, as i did for the original.

Lhadatt said:
How many hits do you expect? PM me.

If you can afford ~$65 a month and have no problem with a self-managed box, check out http://www.layeredtech.com.

Hmm, I checked out the site, 1000 gig xfer... When Lohan freestyle was at its peak, the last host I was working with charged me 100 bucks, and was only up like 3 days before he was forced to take it down for bandwidth. He said it did like 2 terabytes of bandwidth xfer within the last 24-36 hours. So I was out 100 bucks for 3 days. I've attempted to contact them about hosting my new project, but they ignore me now. Sort of like there's no point in even talking to them, because there's no way in hell they could deal with it. Hence I remain skepitcal about any offers that sound too good to be true. :-(

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
JeffDowns said:
Hmm, I checked out the site, 1000 gig xfer... When Lohan freestyle was at its peak, the last host I was working with charged me 100 bucks, and was only up like 3 days before he was forced to take it down for bandwidth. He said it did like 2 terabytes of bandwidth xfer within the last 24-36 hours. So I was out 100 bucks for 3 days. I've attempted to contact them about hosting my new project, but they ignore me now. Sort of like there's no point in even talking to them, because there's no way in hell they could deal with it. Hence I remain skepitcal about any offers that sound too good to be true. :-(

Did you have google ads on your site? With those kind of hits, i would think it would be easy to make your money back and more.

duderon said:
Did you have google ads on your site? With those kind of hits, i would think it would be easy to make your money back and more.

Not on the Lohan, but with our new site, yes. Most definitely.

Karg

Have a Comcast account? You get 7 total accounts with 25mb of space on each one. But for something that demands a lot of bandwidth you might get Comcast taking the file off. But its free if you have them. I have a guide if you need it.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Karg said:
Have a Comcast account? You get 7 total accounts with 25mb of space on each one. But for something that demands a lot of bandwidth you might get Comcast taking the file off. But its free if you have them. I have a guide if you need it.

Did you read how much bandwith he is transferring? TERABYTES, not megs :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom