• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed Episode Whimsy | Let's All Love Loving Things

Jeff-DSA

Dang. Tough news about Totally Rad Show. I'm sure there will be several outlets vying for Jeff. I imagine he'll land somewhere stable quickly.

DaBuddaDa

The only other place I could picture Jeff C. living is NYC. There's no reason to live anywhere other than NY or LA if you're an aspiring actor. I think WC will be safe. Sad to hear TRS is shutting down, but, all things have a way of working out in the end!

gazele

Banned
Damn, that really sucks.

Jeff gets a lotta hate and a lotta love, and you can disagree with his opinions but you have to admire his enthusiasm.

Hopefully he stays on WC.

Totally Rad Show is over

Don't leave LA! Weekend Confirmed needs you
Bummer, best wishes Jeff. Hope you find another gig you liked as much.

Jeff Cannata ‏@jeffcannata
Cannot possibly express my gratitude for the last 6 years. Thank you all for being there on the ride. I am going to miss it dearly.
Jeff Cannata ‏@jeffcannata
And PS, if anyone out there is hiring a slightly used Internet pundit, I’m now looking for a job!
Giant Bomb

Totally Rad Show is over

Don't leave LA! Weekend Confirmed needs you

Oh no....
Actually I stopped watching about a year or two ago when they went from weekly episodic to daily snippet format.

Cannata is like peanut butter, he will work well with anything. I am sure he will find a new totally awesome gig.

Garnett has always been consistent with his view on racing sims and summarized why he and many of my motorheads couldn't get into F1 racing games. He is one of the few guys that still talks about racing sims (Maybe CheapyD but he is a more arcade racing fan). Weather I agree or disagree with his opinion, his thoughts are always worth listening to.

frequency

Good luck to Jeff.

I'm sure he'll be fine though. I feel he is one of the best personalities in media. Anywhere would be better off with him on the team.

I hope we continue to hear Jeff on WC. He is one of the major reasons I listen.

eznark

Banned
Wow, so Sessler really did can him.

Have them both on this week, Garnett! It will make up for the dumb Monster of the Midway comment.

Blazyr

Pardon my ignorance on the NFC Central. I misunderstood the term to be used for the titanic clashes between Chicago-Detroit-Green Bay.

Hey, Thanksgiving show is this week and I'd love to have some stories to share on the show. If you're game drop by the official thread on the Shack! Have to be quick; we record tomorrow afternoon.

8byte

Banned
I don't think Tom Chick does it for the attention, I think he honestly believes Halo 4 was that bad. That's crazy to me but hey it's a free country, he's welcome to his opinion. Also, he uses the whole scale so 1 out of 5 for him essentially means the same thing as IGN giving a game a 7.

The other thing is he thought 3, ODST and Reach were all awful too. So if you like Halo games you have to know to take his opinion on them with a huge grain of salt. Just seeing his review doesn't really tell you everything you need to know to look at it with a critical eye.

He absolutely does do it all for clicks and attention. Every. Time.

Last friday's episode was a really strong one.

Make Marcus a regular.

Also...shame to hear about the Totally Rad Show. I used to watch it every tuesday before it went to Rev3.

Best of luck to Jeff.

Fjordson

Damn, best of luck to Jeff.

I really, really hope he's still able to be on Weekend Confirmed. He's a big part of why I love the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm surprised Jeff is out of work though. I don't get why they don't just roll him into Revision 3 gaming.

What is Alex doing now? Does he have anything else on Rev3?

Dan, of course, is now big time so he's okay.

Make Marcus a regular.

Best of luck to Jeff.

I have to agree. A Brit by Garnett's side has been good for his shows.

Good Luck to Jeff. Hopefully he'll stick around Weekend Confirmed. I want more dramatic readings by Jeff.

Also:

From Luke Smith's twitter said:
Listening to This Year 06 1UP Yours, imagining what we'd say about the Wii U Launch (@jwhdavison @GarnettLee, @ShaneWatch @andrewpfister)

God, I'd pay to hear that happen.

AHA-Lambda

Make Marcus a regular.

Also...shame to hear about the Totally Rad Show. I used to watch it every tuesday before it went to Rev3.

Best of luck to Jeff.

Marcus Beer is on the last episode? Need to watch that, I like him :)
Only reason I watch Invisible Walls is cos of him

Blazyr

Started another thread on the Shack. This one is for WiiU. Who got one and what do you think? Andrew will be sharing his thoughts on the hardware and several of the games. Plenty of room for your thoughts as well if you'd like to chime in.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Started another thread on the Shack. This one is for WiiU. Who got one and what do you think? Andrew will be sharing his thoughts on the hardware and several of the games. Plenty of room for your thoughts as well if you'd like to chime in.

<3 Nintendoland. Gonna be playing that this weekend with family and friends for sure.

Mario U is good from what I've played. Waiting on ZombiU to show up but the idea of a Roguelike Zombie game sounds ace to me

krae_man

Friends list is confusing. A friend of mine said he sent me a friend request so I went to accept it. I figured your friends list was part of Miiverse so I went in there. I saw an area marked notifications and in there was a tab for friend requests but none were in there. So I tried the profile tab and I found my Miiverse profile page and it said I had one follower(I guess you have a twitter like followers list on top of your friends list), and it was my friend. So I click on him and there's a button to send a friend request but it was greyed out. I clicked on it and it told me I need to initialise my friends list before I can send or recieve friend requests.

Okay where the fuck do I do that? I search everywhere in Miiverse and couldn't find a thing. I did find something that implied I could do something friends list related in Miiverse or on my WiiU's friends list. Okay so the friends list is somewhere on the WiiU. I look on the home page and there is no friends list button like on the 3DS. I look in the settings tab and nothing. So I click on WiiU chat to see if it's in there and finally in the tutorial for it, it tells me I can access my friends list by pressing the home button. I press the home button and the popup menu appears with the option to close the software and a few quick links to various apps(like settings, the eShop etc) and low and behold friends was one of them. I click on it and I'm finally setting up my friends list.

I then go back into Miiverse and my friend request is still not there so I find his profile from my followers list and send him a friend request that gets instantly accepted(I guess that friend invite was somewhere).

I found a hidden treasure cheast in Paper Mario Sticker Star easier then that.

Also OS is laggy as hell. Every time you click on something you have to stare at the app logo for 20 seconds while it loads. If this stuff is fixable with firmware the system could be fine, but right now it's a giant clusterfuck.

Can't comment on any games because Mr Mailman hasn't delivered them yet.

any machinima nintendo promotion? :p

btw: speaking of VGA talk from this eps, aren't the nominations made by the enthusiast press?

Or are they voted by the people and the winners are voted by the press?

I swear it had judges... or was that just E3 stuff?

Mediocre hardware launches are the best because it kills my inane tech lust.

Of course I realize how stupid it is to have podcast / message board hype effect my interest in a product, but screw it, I can't fight fucked up brain chemistry and its saving me money in this instance :)

Next road block: 8-4 Play when Monster Hunter comes out. I predict I'll break then

Grisby

Just finished last Fridays shows.

Garnett man, Resident Evil has been an aciton series since 4 which was balls to the wall aciton. I get your drift it's become more hollywood in style but I'd also argue that they've been leaning to do that since 2 (alligator Jaws sequence anyone?). Just that the hardware has finally allowed Capcom to do it.

Also, good on you for bringing up Bloodstone. I thought that game was fun and some of the driving sequences blew me away at the time.

Garnett, I wanted to offer some praise and constructive criticism. WC is one of my top five podcasts and its always a good listen. First off, Marcus was a great addition, it's always great to have polarizing opinions, one way or another. James and Indie Jeff are always solid. I hope 2N1T never leaves. I'd like Nicole on more often. Same goes for Andrew/Christian/Xav.

Criticism: the reconstruction and play by play of personal XCOM stories are really boring. Discussion of any games general strategies in depth is fine, but I have no interest in trying to piece together your battlefield description in my head. Anyway, just IMO.

Blazyr

re: VGAs

The GameFly marketing department tells me it is not sponsoring the VGAs nor does it have any plans to run advertisements during the initial airing of the show. Evidently the way we buy spots one of our ads could run during a rebroadcast but it would not be by planned placement.

I got one.

I think Miiverse is pretty revolutionary. I think that Microsoft, Sony and Valve will be chasing after that as we move into the next generation.

I also think the Wii U is a half-step regarding "power" but I could be wrong. Maybe developers will be able to figure it out but right now, the multi-platform games on the Wii U aren't exactly blowing my hair back.

So far, it looks like it could be another Wii. (Read: Own it for Nintendo exclusives and avoid the avalanche of shovelware.)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Just wanted to say that Ariel is an awesome guest. Always enjoy her appearances.

Any time Garnett whines and says the word "gameplay" has no meaning, one of the guests needs to punch him in the face. Perhaps then he'll have a Pavlovian reaction and stop saying it. And yeah, shill that she may now be, Ariel is a good guest. She plays games.

Harlock

I like a lot of Seth talking. I think Ariel don´t bring anything to the table. They could be had another guest who worked since the beginning with All Stars. Is unfair with who worked hard in the game sice early stages.

Any time Garnett whines and says the word "gameplay" has no meaning, one of the guests needs to punch him in the face. Perhaps then he'll have a Pavlovian reaction and stop saying it. And yeah, shill that she may now be, Ariel is a good guest. She plays games.

Ariel isn't hiding anything...therefore...not a shill.

And...she plays games because she enjoys them. You can tell.

Yeah, look at that Sony shill talking about playing niche Nintendo rpgs, one of them for 90 hours. So shill like.

Ariel has been pretty transparent about everything.

Curufinwe

The definition of shill, since you seem confused.

A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization.

Top Bottom