• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well it's Groundhog Day...again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to punch a Nazi in the face?

qAdhnxl.gif

Oh man.

Not trying to over hype it, but its pretty good dark comedy movie. Phil Murray's character basically repeats February 2nd for thousands of days and does some crazy and funny shit. It's my favorite movie, and my birthday happens to be on Groundhogs Day also.

Belated happy birthday!! It's also my favorite movie and I celebrated my birthday yesterday!!

This thread was too funny.

Indyana

Man I was looking forward to this annual thread because it was hilarious and everyone seemed to play along. Must be a lot of new members here now that aren't accustomed to GAF traditions and lore. The DEEPEST LORE.

Maybe it really was too early for flapjacks

Man I was looking forward to this annual thread because it was hilarious and everyone seemed to play along. Must be a lot of new members here now that aren't accustomed to GAF traditions and lore. The DEEPEST LORE.

Honestly, my first time seeing this thread was last year and it wasn't exactly hard to figure out how the thread was supposed to work. You do kind of have to have seen the movie though, and as it ages it's only natural there will be more people who haven't seen the movie.

Everyone who hasn't seen the movie, go watch it.

Bowlie

Banned
Happy Groundhogs Day! I actually really like this holiday. Even though it doesn't mean matter of a fact that it is the end of winter, it feels like more of a symbolic turning point! Kind of like we have gotten through the most of winter and turning a corner into spring.

fQYSUbVfts-T7pS2VP2wnKyN8wxywmXtY0-FwsgxoQSzP4T_Ihre-MKIsX-hfdPFRGCvPVqN7NZN9T2r2lu-

Makonero

I really wish I could relive the day before the election again and again. Would be much more prefiable then the current hellhole we're in.

Great movie BTW.

In Spain the movie is officially called "Atrapado en el tiempo" (Trapped in time), but the majority of people still call the movie the name El Dia de la Marmota (The Groundhog Day). Strange fuck up by the translators that thought the new Spanish name for the movie would work better for marketing that translating the original English name as it is.

Tangeroo

This thread has been magical, and one of the reasons I'm glad I have a GAF account. The moderators knew to just let it roll, the posters had fun with it but didn't go overboard by spamming duplicate posts, everyone had a good laugh and I'm sure it will get locked and quickly fall off the top page without anyone being upset or doing any harm.

But ElectricBlanketFire needs a "Too early for flapjacks?" custom tag, linking to this thread, to preserve for posterity the great Groundhog Day thread of 2013.

Ogodei

I'm watching the Re:Zero anime right now and constantly regret that the protagonist doesn't treat his power like Groundhog Day. He can reset time to the last "checkpoint" he passed (seems to be randomly determined), but he only does so by dying. I'm most of the way through the series and there was only one time so far where he deliberately killed himself to get the reset he wanted. The rest is just his him just being a magnet for trouble.

In a dark humor way, the anime would be much more lively if he treated it like "well, i didn't like how that conversation went. Reset!"

FinKL

giphy.gif

This is the first time I've seen this thread and I've been on here for years. Guess I should go watch Groundhog Day?

Honestly, my first time seeing this thread was last year and it wasn't exactly hard to figure out how the thread was supposed to work. You do kind of have to have seen the movie though, and as it ages it's only natural there will be more people who haven't seen the movie.

Everyone who hasn't seen the movie, go watch it.

Happy Groundhogs Day! I actually really like this holiday. Even though it doesn't mean matter of a fact that it is the end of winter, it feels like more of a symbolic turning point! Kind of like we have gotten through the most of winter and turning a corner into spring.

fQYSUbVfts-T7pS2VP2wnKyN8wxywmXtY0-FwsgxoQSzP4T_Ihre-MKIsX-hfdPFRGCvPVqN7NZN9T2r2lu-

Too Early for Flapjacks?

groundhog%2Bday%2Bbill%2Bmurray.jpg

And just show the original movie. Best movie.

Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

d7iEPGH.gif

Nice going boys, you're playing yesterday's tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom