• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well, it's Groundhog day.....again

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

Don't worry. It'll end just in time for you to be an old man who got used to it, and you will be scared of the change when it goes back to normal. It'll be a different world that won't make sense to you, you won't recognize it.

Groundhog Day is a brilliant comedic take on Nietzsche's eternal return:

What if some day or night a demon were to steal into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: “This life as you now live and have lived it you will have to live once again and innumerable times again; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unspeakably small or great in your life must return to you, all in the same succession and sequence — even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself…”

Nietzsche’s demon is a question that is to be answered not in words but in the course of life. The question in each and every thing: "Do you want this again and innumerable times again?"

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

nush

What if some day or night a demon were to steal into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: “This life as you now live and have lived it you will have to live once again and innumerable times again; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unspeakably small or great in your life must return to you, all in the same succession and sequence — even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself…”

Nietzsche’s demon is a question that is to be answered not in words but in the course of life. The question in each and every thing: "Do you want this again and innumerable times again?"

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Top Bottom