• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

*Splinter

Ho hum, someone do something exciting pls

I'll post a reads list when I get home from work (~5 hours). Looks like I won't have a response from Ultron before then which is... displeasing

Drop

I'll post my reads once I'm back home, and I'll also explain all I think about the deputy situation since there are things left to clarify. I would have posted more yesterday but too many unexpected things got in my way.

*Splinter

Dave/Crimson thanks for volunteering

CrimsonFist

I see you gave some reads quite recently, but can you give me your opinion of Flux? You've commented that he is posting less frequently this time, but what do you think about the actual content of his posts? What do you think is his alignment?

cabot

Cabot (since I know your in my timezone)

Putting inactives aside for a moment, who are you currently suspicious of?

Boo Boo'n for the reasons I stated in this post.

I feel like I know exactly how CornBro felt about me last game, because I think I feel exactly the same about him this game. It feels like a hollow husk of a town, as opposed to a real one. I also don't agree with this new Deputy plan, mainly because deadlines very rarely go smoothly here, and also I feel this plan shouldn't even be discussed this early on considering we have 29 players.

I'm suspicious of Lollipop Dave because of the high fluff, but he has posted some things in there. He's lower down the list.

lesser suspicious people include Flux (change in attitude this game), batsnacks (has been quieter than usual, thanksgiving related?), ultron (sleepwalker claim and just his general low post count) and swamped (she seems to be playing more like how I saw her in games as mafia rather than the two as town, but theres not too much here)

I currently think you're town (I still hate you), CrimsonFist I also like, Xam had the weird double claim, but has been beneficial in discussions. I also like Zipped so far.

Drop as well, obviously. Is drop planning this lynch plan straight from the off? I still think there's merit in doing votes just now, it gives us more data to analyse while the double vote power is not particularly useful.

That's about it for reads off the top of my head.

Dave/Crimson thanks for volunteering

CrimsonFist

I see you gave some reads quite recently, but can you give me your opinion of Flux? You've commented that he is posting less frequently this time, but what do you think about the actual content of his posts? What do you think is his alignment?

Flux seems to have almost exclusively commented on the sheriff/deputy issue, which isn't in itself suspicious, seeing as it's been a hot topic. I don't really see anything there that stands out as a major scumtell, and he did propose the best solution we have to the deputy issue.

I guess neutral for now. Seeing as the last game was his first, and he pretty much got himself killed by being so active, I don't want to put too much weight on him trying to reign it in a bit, but I would like to hear his stance on a few more non-deputy issues.

cabot

I'm always suspicious of El Topo because I can't read him well, but my god his Day 1 behaviour is so infuriating.

It comes down to basically come in, berate a person, drive by 1-sentence analysis, rinse, repeat.

I hate you Topo.

Makai

Dave, that better be fluff smfh

I believe Ultron, but...

Vote: Xamtheking

This is the ultimate fakerole and he jumps on it immediately. "Oh yeah, that's my role, too!"

cabot

I don't buy a new player doing this straight off the bat as some form of gambit, he's also been more contributive than ultron so far.

I don't know what to make of the double claim, but in the case of Xam, I will not be lynching him D1 for it.

I feel like I know exactly how CornBro felt about me last game, because I think I feel exactly the same about him this game. It feels like a hollow husk of a town, as opposed to a real one.

That's real fucking disappointing to hear Cabot. But I won't hold it against you. I do however want to ask you this: You say you are mildly suspicious of Flux because of his change in attitude. But Darryl isn't listed as suspicious to you, yet he's acting like a completely different person. Why are you not suspicious of Darryl?

Dave, that better be fluff smfh

I don't have any fluffy bread, just crusty loafs.

DSC_0181.jpg

-----------

So what's decided with the Sherif issue? Are we just letting Drop run with it and see how it rolls?

cabot

That's real fucking disappointing to hear Cabot. But I won't hold it against you. I do however want to ask you this: You say you are mildly suspicious of Flux because of his change in attitude. But Darryl isn't listed as suspicious to you, yet he's acting like a completely different person. Why are you not suspicious of Darryl?

He's different from last game, but last game he went as town leader. That was unique, this play seems more like what I expect from him, though I don't read him as town or scum. it's a bit of a null currently.

*Splinter

Flux seems to have almost exclusively commented on the sheriff/deputy issue, which isn't in itself suspicious, seeing as it's been a hot topic. I don't really see anything there that stands out as a major scumtell, and he did propose the best solution we have to the deputy issue.

I guess neutral for now. Seeing as the last game was his first, and he pretty much got himself killed by being so active, I don't want to put too much weight on him trying to reign it in a bit, but I would like to hear his stance on a few more non-deputy issues.
Just to clarify, by "neutral" do you mean you don't have any strong read either way or do you specifically think he might be a neutral (ie not town or scum aligned) role

El Topo

I'm always suspicious of El Topo because I can't read him well, but my god his Day 1 behaviour is so infuriating.

It comes down to basically come in, berate a person, drive by 1-sentence analysis, rinse, repeat.

I hate you Topo.

We have two very safe lynch candidates. Either we decide to go the safe route or we believe them for now. In the latter case we need an alternative candidate and I have expressed how little I think of reading Day 1 behaviour. While there are certainly players I find suspicious, I wouldn't accuse them just because of some post that might very well be harmless. In other words I'd rather not deliver another candidate, but anyone is of course free to do so and convince us.

As for the whole deputy thing, I'm not sure if it's all that important and ultimately Drop gets to make the decision anyway. If Drop lives, they found another target more important, if he dies someone else becomes sheriff. I honestly haven't given it enough thought to see whether we can use this whole stuff to our advantage. I assume that whoever succeeds Drop will be suspicious the longer he lives (and of course by the very nature of the game), so it seems like a risk-reward endeavour for them. As sheriff they get another vote, but the longer their player lives, the more suspicious he might become.

I probably missed something. Again, haven't really thought it through. Either way, happy now cabot?

He's different from last game, but last game he went as town leader. That was unique, this play seems more like what I expect from him, though I don't read him as town or scum. it's a bit of a null currently.

"That was unique"

What. Everyone was saying how that was typical Darryl.

Darryl

Banned
Ok here's some quick reads, doing the thanksgiving thing. More later.

-I don't trust Xam. The second reveal seems too convenient. Could be fine, but it's a little weird two are so upfront about it.
-Ultron could be scum and baiting sleepwalkers to roleclaim. But why?
-Re: Deputy - fuck this. This is going to bite us in the ass, guaranteed. I'm more inclined to give Drop the power to do what he wants.
- CB seems suspucious, but I don't know why.

If Ultron was scum, I think this would be because those disinformation roles are let slide by a lot of people here really easy. He could potentially get away with something like single handedly delivering all his teams kills for a long time before found out.

cabot

If Ultron was scum, I think this would be because those disinformation roles are let slide by a lot of people here really easy. He could potentially get away with something like single handedly delivering all his teams kills for a long time before found out.

Ugh this is valid, and ultron hasnt really contributed so far. I don't know, I still feel going for him today would be the safe option, but currently i dont have any strong leads for scum.

Makai

Yep. Additionally, Xam's reveal seems to preclude him from being Town if Ultron is scum. Let's test him first.

ultron87

I was doing holiday stuff yesterday and will be driving home for a good portion of today. So I won't be around a ton today. Should be on tomorrow.

Current feelings, off the top of my head after a quick read:

Darryl - Certainly acting different this game but I don't really see that as much of a tell. I almost feel like if he was Scum he'd be trying harder to be acting the same way he was last time.

Who to suspect - Feels like there are a ton of people barely posting right now. The US holiday probably explains. There are so many people in this game that I suspect most of the wolves are hiding in the crowd. Besides Darryl, most players that *are* posting are basically playing to their usual parts. So nothing stands out right now.

Deputy musings - I guess I'd rather try and keep the double vote power alive then kill it. If wolves get it it's not like they can blatantly abuse it or pass it to another wolf without arousing a ton of suspicion.

kingkitty

alright, so there's this idea that we should vote for the next deputy. I don't feel strongly against the idea. It would really suck if we give mafia the double vote...especially if the game comes down to the wire. I guess if we make it a public vote then there would be at least something we can glean from.

If we hold the public vote on who gets deputized...lol I don't know who. Safest choice at the moment might be one of the switchers...but I can't be even be 100 percent sure (Xam or Ultron could be playing some bold game, I guess).

Hmm, who hasn't posted yet? I'm gonna check brb

cabot

You've really thrown integrity aside to make this point

I was trying to get reads on Ultron and whether his claim was ridiculous. You're ridiculous because you keep asking me stupid questions, multiple at a time. Then asking me questions about those questions. And you did it unprompted right out of the gate. There's 25+ players here. You can catch someone saying something a little bit slimy first, rather than simply not saying much. If I was scum, you think I'd get all nervous and trip up over this unfounded questioning? I don't believe for a second that you believe in yourself with these questions or that you intend to find scum like this. This is all in itself scummy as you're actively wasting everyone's time. I was calling CB ridiculous for calling me scum based on my few responses so far. It was the day before Thanksgiving. I was doing stuff with the family and didn't have time for lengthy posts, it isn't that big of an enigma. Although now he's shown himself to be actively scummy with his overthought yet casual attitude, which doesn't seem natural for someone town.

The heat is because if he knew he was town, why would he not want it? He knows there is scum out there. It is a scum move to take a hands off "I don't want to nominate myself blah blah let him decide". This removes him from the stress of putting himself out there and in front of scrutiny. I didn't see Zipped pulling this so I didn't call him out on it.

This doesn't even look like it's trying to resemble an organic human conversation. Like a mafia robot is playing

There's nothing mysterious about me asking Bats for advice. He knows lots of stuff. It isn't me trying to fetch out reads. I don't fucking know if Ultron is lying still, nothing has changed. Xam could be lying, who knows. I really doubt it, just based on how new he is. If he is lying, holy fuck - this is going to be a great game. I agree with Rats, let's burn Ultron. Also, let's burn Rats. Let's just take the two of them out and you, and also Cornburrito. I'd bet the odds of burning a scum with that group is fairly high, a square of people acting completely ridiculous before most players have even said something.

Just give it to me we all know you're gonna fuck up and give it to mafia if you make your own decision anyways

You're scum

I mean I don't have an answer for that and I wanted to post about Ultron. I didn't want blind acceptance of any confusion roles. I felt it in my bones that someone would try to bullshit one of those

Come on CB, these are all posts I'd expect from Darryl, it's there.

cabot

according to the Who Posted? resource, QuantumBro hasn't posted once.

vote: QuantumBro

Where are you? Are you eating ham?

I highlighted this yesterday, kitty. Terrible kitty. The worst kitty.

I hate you, kitty.

Though I am thankful you prodded Questionbro, I can't do two at once and I thought asking someone else to would be a bit controlling.

Still, terrible kitty.

kingkitty

I highlighted this yesterday, kitty. Terrible kitty. The worst kitty.

I hate you, kitty.

Though I am thankful you prodded Questionbro, I can't do two at once and I thought asking someone else to would be a bit controlling.

Still, terrible kitty.

I welcome your thanks.

Fireblend

Banned
Checking in. I don't have much to say and it doesn't seem like much happened overnight.

I'm just re-stating my views here, but I think the deputy vote idea is better left for later days if at all, when scum getting their hands on it is more of a threat. At this point what would be the advantage for scum to have it? If anything I think being a wolf deputy/sheriff would be more of a liability for them this early on since it puts them in the spotlight, they can't really deputize a fellow wolf in fear of it leading to a lynch-chain, and a double vote isn't that strong in a 25+ player game. If the power *can* be removed from the game by whatever method, then I'd consider it after the halfway point or something like that so it doesn't become a liability for us.

About Xam and Ultron, I agree if one of them was guaranteed to be scum, I'd place my bets on Xam. I'm skeptical though, and wonder if it'd be best to just vote an inactive out and trim the game a bit. I guess thanksgiving/black friday stuff may be keeping them from posting, but I also don't like the idea of scum coasting under the radar which sounds like an easy strategy in a 29-player game.

cabot

I'd place my bets on Xam. I'm skeptical though, and wonder if it'd be best to just vote an inactive out and trim the game a bit. I guess thanksgiving/black friday stuff may be keeping them from posting, but I also don't like the idea of scum coasting under the radar which sounds like an easy strategy in a 29-player game.

So, an inactive is good, or an active who hasn't contributed. I'm avoiding inactives for the replacement list (Bring Back Burb!) but yeah I am currently looking at these.

CB is iffy to me, but I don't get strong scum, just weirdness and light suspicion. Nowhere near enough to justify eliminating one of our highest posters this early.

I'll form a list of inactives/unhelpful from the 29 who I shall be considering voting for by deadline if nothing else big occurs.

Swamped

Banned
I wanted to make a reads list but I'm not sure if I have enough time to right now, and I'm not sure how useful it will be. Instead I'll post of list of people I am currently unwilling to vote for:

CrimsonFist - feels active and contributive in a Towny way
Xam - Between ultron and Xam I actually feel much better about Xam. His reaction to Ultron's claim seems far to genuine and didn't feel 'calculated'
Lollipop Dave -
He bribed me with almond croissants
His posting is quite fluffy and I doubt scum would post like this
Splinter - He's playing in a towny-town way, which, according to logic means he's scum :p. But I'm still getting town vibes from him, just a different town playstyle than usual
Boo Boo'n/B] - Tbh I haven't gone back through his posts, but I remember he asked to be deputized. See my previous statements, but essentially not sure if wolves would do that. I'll note that he was the 3rd to ask though.
Darryl - Sure, he's quieter and not as pugnacious but today he feels town. There are a plethora of reasons he could have changed his playstyle. In the previous game he was specifically trying to get night killed, and it would have worked.

I would need to look through everyone else's posts to make a good decision about who to vote for.

Warxard

Banned
Starting Sheriff is 100% confirmed village

Was unaware of that! That's good.
I don't really know what this is, is he disregarding the claims altogether and going to ignore them, or is he saying that he believes its a scum move?

I'm not going to read into them so early because I'm leaning on those claims to be lies just to throw us off. Can you think of any other reason as to why they would admit they are sleepwalkers so early? At any rate, I believe that at least one of them is telling the truth.

Overstates my vote on Splinter, suspicious in itself.

If I recall correctly you were one of the first votes in the beginning of the phase without any rhyme or reason explaining as to why you would put Splinter on the vote. I'm going through your posts now, and there's nothing there for me to consider that the Splinter vote is nothing more than a joke.

Also his logic here is weird, the wording suggests it would be a good thing if a pro-town PR was made sheriff, but if anything it may put them in more danger because they have double vote and the eyes of scum on them.

Yeah, no. It's a good thing someone Pro Town has the title of Sheriff, and the reasons why are because of what you listed above. All of those scum with eyes on one guy? Giving the others who may or may not have PRs breathing room? It helps town even at the cost of one of the townies going down for the sake of it.

--

I don't know what 'red flags' you see in my fumbles of posts, but hey. I can justify my questions, reads and thought processes throughout the game without a worry.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Gonna go back and re-read the thread, but I have some thoughts on CB. I don't really get the scum vibe from him. If I had to make an early guess, it would probably be a neutral trying to kill Darryl, but it's not a hard guess by any stretch of the means.

I'm not sure that I get an overly negative vibe from CornBurrito. He's one of the more active posters at the very least, so I'd be reluctant to vote for him this early on.

But then I'm also only really familiar with Darryl from this game and the last game, so I'm just taking people's word here for it as to how he usually acts, so I'm probably not the best judge on this issue.

I'd like to hear some of the least active posters contribute, otherwise I'd be leaning towards going for one of those, but there's still a good amount of time left in the day.

Darryl

Banned
He isn't being aggressive at all either.

It is funny that you're calling me scum because i'm not being aggressive and another guy (lollipop dave) is calling me aggressive because i'm being aggressive. I want to say stuff about your past playstyles too, but I'm not. This isn't fun and I don't care if it leads to mafia if it is going to bog the game down. At least attempt to make this game approachable for new players and outsiders to get interested. I'll follow this with what I think is an actual personality analysis.

I'm town Darryl, sorry. You are scum though. I really do think your acting different. So timid. Why are you so scared now to take charge?

Look at how this is written. Was this a first draft? This is what I mean by over thought. Try to say this shit out loud. There's signs of cautiousness to what should be a pretty casual (there are no deep points being made here, no analysis) piece of conversation. This, in my opinion, was written by someone with ill intentions who couldn't figure out what direction he wanted to take his aggression to get his point across. His follow up is almost mocking and defensive, then he drives it home by claiming I'm going OMGUS (Why would he assume and diminish my vote if he was really trying to get to the bottom of my intentions?). It's disingenuous and deceptive.

cabot

Was unaware of that! That's good.

1) I'm not going to read into them so early because I'm leaning on those claims to be lies just to throw us off. Can you think of any other reason as to why they would admit they are sleepwalkers so early? At any rate, I believe that at least one of them is telling the truth.

2) If I recall correctly you were one of the first votes in the beginning of the phase without any rhyme or reason explaining as to why you would put Splinter on the vote. I'm going through your posts now, and there's nothing there for me to consider that the Splinter vote is nothing more than a joke.

3) Yeah, no. It's a good thing someone Pro Town has the title of Sheriff, and the reasons why are because of what you listed above. All of those scum with eyes on one guy? Giving the others who may or may not have PRs breathing room? It helps town even at the cost of one of the townies going down for the sake of it.

--

I don't know what 'red flags' you see in my fumbles of posts, but hey. I can justify my questions, reads and thought processes throughout the game without a worry.

1) We've covered a bunch of reasons of why they would do it early, as scum or as town. It's been a discussion point.

2) I did give a reason, to swamped. It may or may not have been a joke. It was still a reason, it wasn't RNG. I wanted to vote Splinter, it wasnt random. My issue was your declaration of it being true aggression towards him, where I placed the vote and did not chase him at all afterward.

3) I looked back at your quote, you specifically mention a pro-town role:

It could work either way with the sheriff/deputy angle. We could actually luck out and, if the sheriff were to die and the deputy had a role that benefitted the town greatly and became sheriff that would make the game for the town side a lot easier.

Bolded the obvious section, that describes a power role, whereas your response to me implies you meant just a townie. Which is it?

Swamped

Banned
Gonna go back and re-read the thread, but I have some thoughts on CB. I don't really get the scum vibe from him. If I had to make an early guess, it would probably be a neutral trying to kill Darryl, but it's not a hard guess by any stretch of the means.

Is this your bold peediction (yes I spelled that right) for this game :p

Should have added that I'm unwilling to vote for Cabot as well, as i feel he's playing in Town's best interests right now. He's on Boo Boo, a player who hasn't seen much spotlight so far, i think it's helpful we don't all concentrate on the same players.

kingkitty

While QuantumBro eventually chimes in, here's another passing thought. Style posted (basicially) "gee where is Darryl". This was like, 90 minutes after the game started. And apparently Darryl actually posted already. Maybe overeager scum trying to find a path towards Darryl's doom? It's a weird post though.

Anyways, I'll brb in a few hours.

Top Bottom