• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

FluxWaveZ

So who was cabot's ghost day end meltdown directed towards? Me for not protecting Burb again?

Not sure if you were part of it, but there was a theory going around after cabot's death that he actually didn't protect Drop and went to protect someone else.

That's why I wanted that theory to be the leading one, so I agreed with batsnacks in his little gambit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188133478&postcount=1766

That got a bit of heat on me at the time (although, some of it for the wrong reasons), but I think giving alternatives to the obvious did warp cabot's words enough for people to not be completely sure that that's what happened, until Burbeting made it pretty much a fact.

batsnacks

Dear cabot,

I'm sorry I shot you and then quoted you out of context to make it look like you said the opposite of what you meant. I swear I had Reasons™ that made sense at the time.

Sincerely,

batsnacks

CzarTim

I don't know why that mattered either way and I couldn't understand why people were talking about it so much. As if knowing there was a strong man was going to help us catch scum.

cabot

It was directed at the majority of you, because I was quoted saying if I was doctor I would have protected Drop and I'd consider anyone else stupid for doing something different.

I flipped doctor and then somehow a lot of you thought that suddenly meant I protected someone else and hated myself...or something.

It was infuriating.

Just one example of the logic loopholes you got yourselves into throughout this game.

It was directed at the majority of you, because I was quoted saying if I was doctor I would have protected Drop and I'd consider anyone else stupid for doing something different.

I flipped doctor and then somehow a lot of you thought that suddenly meant I protected someone else and hated myself...or something.

It was infuriating.

Just one example of the logic loopholes you got yourselves into throughout this game.
If it's any consolation, that post was what we used to guess you were the doctor in scum chat.

cabot

If it's any consolation, that post was what we used to guess you were the doctor in scum chat.

You tracked me on N1, so i assumed i was dead either way (well once i saw the spreadsheet), though yes. I was fairly obvious.

Tim it was relevant because the people pushing the narrative that there wasnt a strongman/i protected someone else successfully n1 were scum.

Fire and Flux.

Oh, and I'd also give town MVP to kingkitty. His amazing combustion is what triggered us to play our "game-winning" (it won for someone, at least!) gambit.

batsnacks

I thought town played pretty amazing actually. 29 people, 7 wolves with powers, 3 neutral killers, only 3 mislynches 2 of which we learned a lot from. Odds were heavily stacked against town from the beginning.

batsnacks

GJ town
tumblr_n1gelssJJo1trh6n1o1_500.gif

Palmer_v1

I was wondering how screwed he was if he had to try to claim doc at any point before end game.

Clearly nobody expected a backup doc.

The only way to break the curse is to have so many docs you can't possibly kill them all right away.

Swamped

Banned
I thought town played pretty amazing actually. 29 people, 7 wolves with powers, 3 neutral killers, only 3 mislynches 2 of which we learned a lot from. Odds were heavily stacked against town from the beginning.

XD This is a great perspective! I think all the active town dying in one night really killed us lol.

cabot

I look forward to accidentally killing you in our next game together.

;)

Top Bottom