• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

CzarTim

Confirmed Scum #1 - 90% they are scum
Confirmed Scum #2 - 70% they are scum
Confirmed Scum #3 - 40% they are scum
Confirmed Scum #4 - 2.2% they are scum

CzarTim

Just used Hyper's patented vote analysis technology to find scum.

B6iLGRs.png

Palmer_v1

Day 8 has ended

Makai has died!

Welcome Makai!

You are a Werewolf-aligned Warlock.

Ever since you were bit by that she-wolf at that dance ten years ago, you’ve been dabbling in the mystical arts, determined to hook up with her, furry parts be damned. She kept rebuffing your advances, even though you brought her that fantastically-arranged basket of severed heads. You even wrote a crown of sonnets for her, but you only made it through the first stanza before you started howling and your red rocket decided to come out of its sheath. Goddamn that thing. None of that mattered now. You have the power. She will finally be yours...

Each Night, you may PM me the command Brainwash: <target>. You will learn if the target has any active Night abilities that can target other players.

Instead, you may PM me the command Control: <target X> and <target Y>. This will force Target X to use their ability on target Y. Target X will also be notified that their ability was redirected, but not by whom or to whom. You must Brainwash a target prior to using Control on it each time.

Your team consists of Vic Makcey, Lem, Ron, and Shane.
Werewolves win when they tie or outnumber the remaining non werewolf-aligned players.

All Werewolves also have access to their normal Faction kill. To use it, PM me the command Kill: <target>. You can only take one action a Night unless you are the sole remaining Werewolf.

Day 9 Begins:

red_1450551600.png

Palmer_v1

CzarTim stood in front of the rest of town, ready to speak. He angrily placed his hands on the podium, gripping it tightly. "All of you, I have figured out who the rest of the enemy is!"
The crowd stopped what they were doing and turned to listen.
"After doing extensive research, including forensics, quantum physics, 400-level mathematics, and USING MY FUCKING EYES I have figured out who the wolves are!" He pointed to each one in turn. "Sawneeks, Fireblend, and Septimus Prime!"
Timeaisis dropped his drink, a foamy substance made out of tobacco and hops, saying, "Oh my god, he's right. How have I been so blind?"
batsnacks chimed in. "Oh my god, Time and CzarTim are wolves!" He pulled a knife from his belt, holding it over his head, before he was slapped hard in the face by Boo Boo'n.
"Dude, come on."
batsnacks rubbd his cheek gingerly, murmuring, "...sorry."
CzarTim grabbed the group and turned to the wolfpack. "Get them!"

The mob chased after the wolves, heading towards the front gate, their tails wagging furiously as they tried to escape their attackers. They hurried, faster and faster, hoping to outrun the group, but they stopped at the gate, confronted by Bob the Tanner.

"You...you all promised me...you promised me that you'd kill me!" He screamed.

The wolves gasped in horror as they realized what he was wearing. A vest, cobbled together with sticks of dynamite, metal spikes, and tobacco leaves, adorned his torso, a small switch held in his hand with a wire leading to the explosives.

"That's right. I'm going to do what you couldn't do...I'M GOING TO KILL US ALL!"

"No, please, no!" They cried.

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE! THIS ENDS NOW!" Bob the Tanner depressed the button, and a sudden flash of light erupted from his chest, engulfing the wolfpack in a torrent of flame. They howled in agony as the fire singed their fur, quickly covering their entire bodies until the force of the explosion finally took the life from their bodies.

Sawneeks, Fireblend, and Septimus Prime have died!

Welcome Sawneeks!

You are a Werewolf-aligned Tracker.

You’ve always had a nose for blood, which always became a huge problem in the winter. God, that just sucks. The wind starts blowing, the air gets dry, and poof, blood starts pouring. With tissue in hand, though, you’re a force of nature, able to follow your target in secrecy, finding out their whereabouts before relaying the information back to your kin. But seriously though, you’d think someone could cauterize your nostrils or something. Ugh, dammit, there it goes again...go...go clean that up, would you?

Each Night, you may PM me the command Track: <target>. You will learn who that player targeted, if anyone, but not what the ability was.

Your team consists of Septimus Prime, StarSketch, Makai, CrimsonFist, Fireblend, and Terrabyte20xx.

Welcome Septimus Prime!

You are a Werewolf-aligned, 3-shot, Strongman.

Look, the other wolves just hate you. You’re a bit of an asshole. They asked you to kill the baker that one time, and you just looked at them, put your nose in the air, and said, “dude, those carbs will kill my macros.” We get it, ok? You can seriously shut up about it. Lying villagers horizontally and “kipping,” whatever the hell that is, isn’t going to do a damn thing for your muscles. And why won’t you run with the pack? Cardio really isn’t gonna kill you, you can stop bitching about it. God, you’re such a pain in the ass!

You have the ability to use the Strong prefix when submitting a Faction kill for your team. To do so, PM me the command Strong Kill: <target>. This will allow you to bypass some forms of protection, such as a doctor or NK Immunity. It also lets you ignore being Role Blocked. It will not allow you to bypass a jailer or commuter. You can only do this 3 times.

Your team consists of Septimus Prime, StarSketch, Makai, CrimsonFist, Fireblend, and Terrabyte20xx.

Werewolves win when they tie or outnumber the remaining non werewolf-aligned players.

All Werewolves also have access to their normal Faction kill. To use it, PM me the command Kill: <target>. You can only take one action a Night unless you are the sole remaining Werewolf.

Welcome Fireblend!

You are a Werewolf-aligned, 3-shot, Ninja.

Hailing from the farthest corner of the globe, the mythical country of Japan, you found your way across the pond, hoping to hone your skills as a ninja in the land of Europe. You’d thought you seen it all, what with kappas and other evil spirits inhabiting your homeland, but nothing prepared you for when you ran into the bloodthirsty wolves. But, shit happens when you also end up discovering scotch that same day. Oops. Luckily you gained a luxurious black coat of fur, enabling you to keep to the shadows. Shedding your traditional ninja garb, you take to the streets, balls flapping in the wind, taking out your adversaries with reckless abandon. Maybe one day your brethren will understand just what the hell you’re saying, too.

You have the ability to use the Stealth prefix when submitting a Faction kill for your team. To do so, PM me the command Stealth Kill: <target>. This will allow you to bypass most forms of Motion Detecting, such as as watcher and trackers. You can only do it 3 times.

You've also noticed one of the previous wolves has shifted yet again, but this time, from a wolf to some sort of gender-less creature.

Welcome FluxWaveZ!

You are a Neutral-aligned Doppleganger.

All your life, you’ve hated yourself. You’re nobody. People just walk past you because let’s face it, you’re boring. You even won first place at the pie-eating contest the other day and everyone hoisted the second-place guy on their shoulders and carried him off for a night of drinking and sex-filled debauchery. So you’ve decided - you’d rather be someone else. Anyone else. It didn’t matter. You’ve tried finding a surgeon to whom you can scream, “just cut my face!” but they never get back to you or even notice you’re there. There’s gotta be a potion or something for this, right?

Once a game you can choose to take on the role of a player who died previously. At Night, PM me the command Copy: <target dead player>. You will take on that player’s role completely, including Win condition. You are growing weak and must do so before Day 3 begins, or you will die(be modkilled). If you are killed before you have copied anyone, you lose automatically.

You win when you meet the win conditions of your copied target.

Tanner Bob and KingKitty have won!

Villagers have also... won?

Surviving players are Trigger and Lollipop Dave, Ordinary Villagers, in addition to:

Welcome CzarTim!

You are a Village-aligned Odd-night Hider.

You’re the biggest wuss in the village. A girl tried to kiss you once, and you pissed your pants, began to cry, and then crumpled to the floor in a puddle of vomit and tears. You’ve got a thing for closet space, almost to the point of it being a fetish, although that simply may be due to the fact that the smell of feet from all of the shoes makes you aroused.

On Odd Nights, you must Hide by PM’ing me the command Hide: <target>. If the player is village-aligned, you will safely hide for the night, making you untargetable to all other actions. Unfortunately, if your target is Night killed, you will be killed as well. You will also die automatically if you target a Werewolf-aligned player. You can also vote during the day as usual.

Villagers win when they’ve eliminated all threats to the Village.

Welcome batsnacks!

You are a Village-aligned Witch.

Bubble, bubble, toil and...urgh, no. That is so passé. The solstice is coming, and you need to prepare. You’ve dyed all of your clothing black, painted your nails black, and have even learned your favorite songs by your favorite minstrel, Marilyn Wolfson. You’ve been practicing your potion brewing for the village play, and you think you’ve figured out a good combination with ammonia and bleach. You also got some ether from the local apothecary, for...medical reasons. Same as the cocaine. You were way into cocaine and ether before everyone else was.

You have two actions that you can use, but each is one shot, and you cannot take both actions on the same night.

First, you can use a potion to kill someone at Night by PM’ing me the command Kill: <target>.

Second, you can save a person from death at Night. You will receive a list of players that are dying when Night ends, and will have 1 hour prior to Day start to save one person by PM’ing me the command Revive: <target>. The target will not know that they have been protected. You cannot self target with this ability.

You can also vote during the day as usual.

Welcome Boo Boo’n!
You are a Village-aligned Tracker.

You’re gifted with the powers of persuasion, in the sense that you’ve been quite good at striking up conversation with random people and getting information out of them. And by that, we mean that you’re pretty good at holding people up at knifepoint and asking them “Who did you visit during the night?” Sadly, you’re a bit of an idiot savant, and that’s the only phrase you know. Pity. Whatever, use your powers for good, Captain Wonder.

Each Night, you may PM me the command Track: <target>. You will learn who that player targeted, if anyone, but not what the ability was. You can also vote during the day as usual.

Welcome Timeaisis!

You are a Village-aligned Guard Apprentice.

Ever since you were in diapers, which seems like only yesterday (it was), you’ve had an odd fascination with bread. Not just any bread, mind you. Sword-bread. The kind that only the most illustrious of the Town Guard carry to protect the village. Your mother noticed the talent you had with a brioche and enlisted you in an apprenticeship with the Town Guard, which is like, one-person strong, but one day, you could be that one person! You’ve always looked up to the Town Guard, following them around, day-in, day-out, tugging on his pant legs, sending him anonymous letters that you attach to his locker, and even chanting the Town Guard motto behind him, in cadence, “I Hope I Live Past Night One!”

You have no special power until the Village’s Guard dies. At that point, you will take over his duties. You will then be able to Protect one target each Night, but cannot protect yourself. You can also vote during the day as usual.

Yes, i'm calling this a little early, but it's barely been a game since the failed gambit.

Town MVPs: Burbeting and Czartim. Should be fairly obvious why.

Scum MVPs: Crimsonfist and Town. Crimson did a great job in his first game. He was pretty active and the only reason he attracted any attention was because he got Sheriff and didn't die.

Neutral MVP: KingKitty. Balance aside(yes, I made mistakes here), he really embraced the evil of his role. The gossip chat is quite amusing, and he was dropping fire related puns all the time.

I'll post a more thorough post-mortem myself in a bit. Please do give me critiques of everything. No need to pull punches on my account if I did anything that really aggravated anybody.

In particular, how did people like Sheriff? How did people like the modifiers like Macho, Strong, Ninja, and Weak? How did people feel about me shutting down all of the twilight/night talk completely?

All of the GAFIA threads will be open to everyone soon.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll post some more thoughts later, but my initial thoughts on a rebalancing standpoint are this:

KK needed to invite 1 scum to win.
Strongman and Ninja should have been 2-shot. 3, initially, I think was an OK call, but the amount of mislynches made me think otherwise as the game progressed.

Burbeting

Banned
We did it Tim, we got the town MVP!

Can't really say we won the game to all of town, since Scum should have won. Their gambit just failed at the last second.

More thoughts later.

Burbeting

Banned
I had lot of fun with the game in general. I'm also giving the scum the moral victory on this one, you had basically won, that one night just screwed you over.

First, development ideas:

- Ninja and Strongman to 2-shot.
- Yeah, make it so that Arsonist should have needed one scum in the chat, now the arsonist bomb completely devastated the town way too much, and in a critical point as well.
- Doppelganger should have been rethinked somewhat, now it gave the scum some unfair advantages, I think.

The game sadly came to complete standstill after N5, and both town and scum lost all enthusiasm to go on. Just look at yesterday, nobody was even able to hammer it. Even the spectator thread went completely silent at that point.

//I really enjoyed the Sheriff mechanic, it gave the game lot more life and the ever-persistent agony over whoever was sheriff or deputy. It helped that the so towny sheriff for so long was actually scum, made the much more memorable.

cabot

can i repost my rant about not listening to what i say and assuming something else after my flip now?

The loss streak is broken....somehow.

CzarTim

Not that town was playing great or anything, but 3 mislynches in a 30 player game isn't bad. Had kitty not killed so many town I think we could have at least made it a close game.

Also scum still could have won had they not broken character. Or hell, just been more patient and let the crimson lynch happen organically.

roytheone

Not that town was playing great or anything, but 3 mislynches in a 30 player game isn't bad. Had kitty not killed so many town I think we could have at least made it a close game.

Also scum still could have won had they not broken character. Or hell, just been more patient and let the crimson lynch happen organically.

Indeed, that turbo was COMPLETELY, AND UTTERLY UNNECESSARY. Scum had this in the bag, but got too impatient and overconfident. I blame Ourobolus.

Top Bottom