• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Burbeting

Banned
That's where it seemed to be headed. Everyone was saying how anti-Town he was. Then Flux voted for him and demanded Splinter explain why he left Dave alone. Town is ridiculously fickle at the end of Day 1 and he seemed vulnerable to a last-minute dogpile. I don't even think he could have saved himself by roleclaiming Baker.

Well I disagree on that, but okay. I do think you seriously overrreacted, this game is suppoused to be around 5/10 in the bastard scale, so I agree with RNH that it's very unlikely Palmer is going to put up any sort of role, that could possibly destroy the town by simply dying (what if a killing role had killed Dave N1?)

There is still the possibility that you are sorta lying, and there really is a protector-pack going on, which would make you a neutral, and Dave possibly a scum (looking at Star Wars). Still, I really think you are being sincere here.

kingkitty

The baker role, if accurate, seems wicked OP. Like, it would be the end of town if he dies. So if he is a baker, why on earth would he even soft claim? Seems kinda nutty to me. Maybe he is a baker, but not with the same crap consequences. Or maybe he's omega fluff man.

Looking at the final votes for Darryl, the most obvious thing of course is scum Terra helping stab Darryl in the eye socket. Which is then a tie, where then a minute later Cornbro votes for Darryl to avoid this tie.

Now from my gut logic, I have a hard time thinking that two scum in a row would vote one after another to push in Darryl's death. Not on Day 1. Unless somehow Xam was scum, and it was incredibly vital that he survived. But then why didn't scumCornbro go for an Ultron lynch? Was it that in the final hours, when Corn voted for Xam, he realized he already put more doubt on Xam, and it would be suspicious to then swing his vote towards Ultron?

But then if Xam is important scum, then voting for him first to avoid a tie, seems a bit too risky. Of course, the easiest explanation is that Xam might not be scum at all. Which then it wouldn't matter who died in the end. And Corn + Terra could do as they please, with Corn looking like a good townie by trying to end ties. But then why vote so closely with each other? Was it that scum Corn really, really didn't want a tie?

Through my infallible gut logic, if Corn ends up as scum, then I'm pretty much less willing to see Xam get killed in a pool of sharks. It also makes me a bit more suspicious with Ultron.

Style was my vote for Day 1, and he made the defense that he truly believed Darryl was too quiet, but it doesn't explain away his oddball "Darryl sure is quiet" post that was made recently after the game started, and after Darryl already posted. But right now...I'm more interested in seeing Corn die.

I've already had my initial uneasiness with Corn's (a bit too imo) aggressive behavior against Darryl. And now Darryl flipped townie, so that doesn't ease my fears. I think Corn reeled in his behavior later though. Which if he's scum, might be because his scumbros told him to chill.

Looking over Terra's posts, he didn't think Corn gave him scum vibes at all. From my skimming, it didn't look like he chimed in much on the Ultron vs Xam issue. But then he later threw a vote on Xam. This again makes me a little less suspicious of Xam, and a bit more suspicious of Corn.

There's other people I'll talk about, but I'll probably gives those out like....4-6 hours after some busywork/procrastination of busywork.

Hey, do me a favor: can you tell me what our goal in this game is as Town?

I think I get what your trying to determine... (And before you get mad at me its in the first post )

Additional killing factions!!!

Holy shit! Is it possible that we have two separate killing factions with multiple members (ala cthulu) or is it more likely these have a singular serial killer that has to be dealt with?

batsnacks

But wait the wolves had 2 kp last game and what I said still applies. We probably do have a doctor then and he probably did save someone.

Okay I think I'm caught up now.

Fireblend

Banned
I think I get what your trying to determine... (And before you get mad at me its in the first post )

Holy shit! Is it possible that we have two separate killing factions with multiple members (ala cthulu) or is it more likely these have a singular serial killer that has to be dealt with?

What is it with these crazy theories in a game that was sold and packaged as a vanilla 5 in the crazy scale? Cthulhu was explicitly used as an example of a 7-8 game if I recall correctly. Unless we get more clues pointing in this direction entertaining crazy possibilities like these is just getting us sidetracked, IMO.

FluxWaveZ

No, why are you so fixated on the idea of another killing faction? You've posted a lot of implications about that on Day 2. Weird.

I'm talking about our role PM that says that our primary goal in this game is to eliminate all threats, not "eliminate all werewolves." Anyone who actually received a Town role should have that goal, and realize the implication.

So someone questioning the possibility of threats that are not werewolves... it's rather questionable.

1 werewolf sleepwalker, 2 town sleepwalkers. I mean, it's possible. But it seems like a lot of sleepwalkers. the real question, though, is why would a non-sleepwalker wolf (i.e. Xam or Ultron) claim sleepwalker when they already knew there was an actual sleepwalker wolf (Terrabyte). That seems like a strange decision.

I'm with you on this. As I've said, I don't like ultron's claim as a Town play, but I also don't see much benefit from it as a scum play.

It's entirely possible we really do have three sleepwalkers, for the express purpose of triggering conversations like this one. I dunno. I think I'm ready to focus on scum reads instead of playing "What Was Palmer Thinking?"

Timeaisis

But wait the wolves had 2 kp last game and what I said still applies. We probably do have a doctor then and he probably did save someone.

Okay I think I'm caught up now.

Eh, we totally made it to my (your?) point in a roundabout way. :p

We've got 29 people. I bet dollars to donuts they wolves have got two KP.

CzarTim

What kind of shitty scum team kills a newbie night one. Shame on you TB.

Nice shot vig, I need to catch up reading, give me a min.

FluxWaveZ

It doesn't strike me as something we need to worry too much about anyway. The only consequence I can see is that we might want to be careful about lynching Dave, but he's hardly been topping scum read lists so far anyway.

Uh, sorry, New Sheriff... are you saying that Dave is something we should NOT worry about?

1. You know the wolves are reading what we are, right? If Lollipop Dave actually is what Makai claims him to be, he's gone tonight.
2. If Lollipop Dave isn't what Makai claims him to be, then what is he and why is Makai defending him so strongly, to the point of making rather questionable decisions?

In either case, the Town is potentially getting screwed here. This isn't something we can just gloss over. Dave can't (and, I guess, shouldn't) elaborate further, but this is definitely not something I can just gloss over.

cabot

What if wolves are railroading discussion into insane baker theories to keep villagers from talking about things like Darryl bandwagoners? :O

Possibly but there's no real crossover. CB made a post about the doctor protecting the baker but that was it.

Makai wasn't involved in bandwagon, Dave wasn't involved in bandwagon. StarSketch hasn't mentioned baker.

Xam has been focusing so hard in sleepwalkers it's a mild scum tell in itself.

What if wolves are railroading discussion into insane baker theories to keep villagers from talking about things like Darryl bandwagoners? :O

There are 28 people in this game. All of them are supposed to be talking about one thing only?

Also, There are better ways to say "Your theory is dumb" than automatically accusing me of being a wolf :|

CzarTim

The thing I don't get about wolves pushing Darryl at the last second is we had two perfectly good lynch candidates close to the deadline. Why risk a last minute switch you know is going to look bad after the flip? Were they protecting the sleepwalkers or did they just not care?

Burbeting

Banned
The thing I don't get about wolves pushing Darryl at the last second is we had two perfectly good lynch candidates close to the deadline. Why risk a last minute switch you know is going to look bad after the flip? Were they protecting the sleepwalkers or did they just not care?

Maybe they didn't want sleepwalkers to flip, so that they could use Terra to claim sleepwalker later, and then put some pressure on the two who had already claimed. Just a thought.

Uh, sorry, New Sheriff... are you saying that Dave is something we should NOT worry about?

1. You know the wolves are reading what we are, right? If Lollipop Dave actually is what Makai claims him to be, he's gone tonight.
2. If Lollipop Dave isn't what Makai claims him to be, then what is he and why is Makai defending him so strongly, to the point of making rather questionable decisions?

In either case, the Town is potentially getting screwed here. This isn't something we can just gloss over. Dave can't (and, I guess, shouldn't) elaborate further, but this is definitely not something I can just gloss over.

1) Assuming that they have any bread. We can't really do anything about this anyway. The only thing to say is that Dave needs to be really careful about who he gives bread to, if that really is his role. I'm not saying to drop it completely if you have anything else you think we can do to help the issue of course.

2) This is worth discussing.

Palmer_v1

Baker seems like a bastard role(or otherwise crazy) so can we get confirmation on if it's in the game or not like how you said we didn't have any Tanners/Jesters?

5: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with traditional roles. When Death is On the Line (my season 1 game) is an example of this.
6: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with some non-traditional roles. A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (MattAttack's season 2 game) is an example of this.
7: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that nevertheless don't fundamentally deviate too far from the mafia norm. Making Animal Friends is Awesome! (Karkador's season 2 game) is an example of this, as is Ourobolus's season 3 Archer game.

People can make their own judgement about the game pre-reboot, but I would have called that a 5 or 6. It's now a 6 or 7. Not sure if people would consider the sheriff a non-traditional mechanic, or simply a non-traditional role.

What people consider bastard varies, but I've mostly avoided things that are commonly called bastard, as well as negative-utility.

That was always the selling point of the game by me, so it's not a secret.

Timeaisis

Patty cake, patty cake, baker's man.
Kill me a wolf as fast as you can.
Accuse it, prove it, lynch it with a V
Put it in the oven for batty and me.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
What kind of shitty scum team kills a newbie night one. Shame on you TB.

Nice shot vig, I need to catch up reading, give me a min.
terra-ryzing-o.gif

5: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with traditional roles. When Death is On the Line (my season 1 game) is an example of this.
6: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with some non-traditional roles. A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (MattAttack's season 2 game) is an example of this.
7: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that nevertheless don't fundamentally deviate too far from the mafia norm. Making Animal Friends is Awesome! (Karkador's season 2 game) is an example of this, as is Ourobolus's season 3 Archer game.

People can make their own judgement about the game pre-reboot, but I would have called that a 5 or 6. It's now a 6 or 7. Not sure if people would consider the sheriff a non-traditional mechanic, or simply a non-traditional role.

What people consider bastard varies, but I've mostly avoided things that are commonly called bastard, as well as negative-utility.

That was always the selling point of the game by me, so it's not a secret.
Thanks for the clarification
I just wanted to know if things would go nuclear, and it seems like they won't based on the scale

Palmer_v1

Thanks for the clarification
I just wanted to know if things would go nuclear, and it seems like they won't based on the scale

To be fair, the previous game could have had something like 7 deaths in a single night if the stars aligned, so I'm not sure what your nuclear scale accounts for.

Okay, I'm caught up, I think (thanks for the welcoming vote, Fireblend =( ). Looks like I missed quite a bit of crazy. Anyway, here are some thoughts.

1. Three sleepwalkers!?: I'm not sure I believe there are three, but in a game this size, it wouldn't be too surprising if there were. As for Terra flipping about between the three, I really don't put too much suspicion onto that, either. He could easily just tell the other scum that he would bounce around on them before landing on Darryl. It could even work to their benefit, since everyone else would think that scum wouldn't vote for their own.

2. Sheriff Drop getting, uh...dropped: Like a few other people are saying, I think it's a smart move on scum's part to take out the sheriff. He's a confirmed town with a power, so they have plenty of motive to kill him without really garnering too much attention. On top of this, now all eyes are on CrimsonFist, and if we lynch him, scum pretty much gets a free double-kill at our expense.

3. Baker: I agree that it seems unlikely this role would be in the game. If it were, though, I think it makes perfect sense for him to role claim, since his death could end the game, and he has no idea whether the people he gives bread to are town.

On the other hand, it's also a perfect role to hide behind for another power role, since no one wants to risk killing the baker, and he would also be expected to be visiting others at night. I think Dave is some role because of this. I don't know what role, though.

4. Zippedpinhead: I for the longest time always read your username as "zipped in the head."

Swamped

Banned
Ok so its decided Darrly I won't vote him because I don't want to hop on the wagon

I just remembered this GLT post. Didn't really sit well with me, especially considering that he did in fact bandwagon on both Ultron and Xam right before this statement.

This post is just to remind me to look into GLT when i get a chance this evening.

You're barred. No wolves allowed.

Anyone got any suspicions on who wanted Terrabyte20xx gone? Or are we leaning into random target?
If I can't have your muffins, can we get a role claim?
Apparently, Flux was important to you in some way, and he's voting for you now, so maybe your claim will clear some things up

He's implying we could indeed have a doctor that successfully protected someone else. The wolf death is likely a town vig.

You know, I actually don't think the wolf death was a town vig. Unless they happen to be extremely good at this game, nothing about Terra yesterday screamed WOLF WOLF WOLF.

Alternatively they are really bad at this game and used their power first chance they got, not caring that they had low chances of hitting scum.

My guess is Serial Killer.

batsnacks

Out with it, Dave. What's going on with you. Just tell us whether or not it was all fluff or not.

I think d1 he said that it was fluff. He said he's always dies early for <reasons he gave concerning a busy schedule I dot remember exactly> and was just trying to have fun while he could this game.

Out with it, Dave. What's going on with you. Just tell us whether or not it was all fluff or not.

I think d1 he said that it was fluff. He said he's always dies early for <reasons he gave concerning a busy schedule I dot remember exactly> and was just trying to have fun while he could this game.

Bingo. Relative part of D1 quote:

so I'm just having some fun while I can, at least till it gets more active.

Also fluff = anti-town?

I would have put a stop to it soon, but it was fun reading :3

You know, I actually don't think the wolf death was a town vig. Unless they happen to be extremely good at this game, nothing about Terra yesterday screamed WOLF WOLF WOLF.

When I looked at the end of the day, the name that stood out to me more than anyone else was Terra. I'm not a Vig, but if I was he would have been my target.

Top Bottom