• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

batsnacks

I'm considering GLT for my final vote, I know I said I thought he was town, but upon reflection, there was a lot of uselessness in that big post and sheer anti-town play with claiming as well.
Anti-town yeah but...I sort of believe the claim, personally. :/

cabot

My assumption in a mafia game is assume there's a doctor. It's one of the most common roles in the game. Nothing I said implied I was reaching for a conclusion of no doctor, it was trying to think of why the doctor wouldn't go for Drop.

I'll always do role speculation in game, being as open as possible is beneficial because it allows others to see my thinking and interject. The difference is when it comes to feasible roles and plays. I'll talk doctors, cops, killers because they are more likely to be present than not, more specific roles won't be discussed until they rear their head in the game.

Makai

My assumption in a mafia game is assume there's a doctor. It's one of the most common roles in the game. Nothing I said implied I was reaching for a conclusion of no doctor, it was trying to think of why the doctor wouldn't go for Drop.

I'll always do role speculation in game, being as open as possible is beneficial because it allows others to see my thinking and interject. The difference is when it comes to feasible roles and plays. I'll talk doctors, cops, killers because they are more likely to be present than not, more specific roles won't be discussed until they rear their head in the game.
Speculating about the setup is usually worthless to Town. You're just helping the scum team piece it together. Your assumptions are always wrong, too. I am sceptical of the sleepwalkers, but I gotta agree with CzarTim that lynching one just to test their claims is terrible. But Xam isn't helping his case by acting ridiculous.

Makai

Sheriff should deputize someone who's unlikely to be lynched or night-killed. I don't think we should vote but it wouldn't hurt to nominate people. I nominate my lucky buddy, kingkitty

batsnacks

Yeah I think the greattiger claim is legit.
I am seeing what looks like a complete defense, a complete, reasoned, scumread (on CB), and that "am I a huge asshole?" question seems like GLT is being genuine. Can't argue with anything cabot said but I probably wouldn't switch to GLT.

cabot

Did a post count of everyone in D2 and the following not only have low counts, but also have questionable contributive value in this phase:

Style
StarSketch
MattyG
Boo Boo'n
ultron
QuantumBro
GLT

GLT's single post so far in this phase was the one batsnacks just commented on. Makes me think town just for sheer inactivity alone, scum team mates would push him to contribute more.

Still though, questionable usefulness to us at this stage of the game.

Rats is pretty low in the list, though I don't think he's been useless, I'd like him to contribute more though and so I'm calling him out.

cabot

Sheriff should deputize someone who's unlikely to be lynched or night-killed. I don't think we should vote but it wouldn't hurt to nominate people. I nominate my lucky buddy, kingkitty

Can we judge NKs very well just now? We had a scum kill, which means vigi, so rule out the contributors, or SK, which I would struggle to rule anything out for yet.

Makai

Can we judge NKs very well just now? We had a scum kill, which means vigi, so rule out the contributors, or SK, which I would struggle to rule anything out for yet.
Can you rephrase? I think I misunderstand. I don't see why the extra night kill means we should rule out top contributors.

*Splinter

Did a post count of everyone in D2 and the following not only have low counts, but also have questionable contributive value in this phase:

Style
StarSketch
MattyG
Boo Boo'n
ultron
QuantumBro
GLT

GLT's single post so far in this phase was the one batsnacks just commented on. Makes me think town just for sheer inactivity alone, scum team mates would push him to contribute more.

Still though, questionable usefulness to us at this stage of the game.

Rats is pretty low in the list, though I don't think he's been useless, I'd like him to contribute more though and so I'm calling him out.
Eh, I've had an inactive teammate before. If they're just RL busy there isn't really anything you can do about it.

I guess I'd be fine lynching any of that list. Maybe not Ultron since I think he's town, but he's certainly been dead weight. Style I suspect, the rest I have no strong opinion of.

My own top suspects at the moment are Corn, Style, Zipped... Probably in that order

cabot

Can you rephrase? I think I misunderstand. I don't see why the extra night kill means we should rule out top contributors.

Well, ruling out contributors might be too strong, I mean it like this:

If 2nd kill was Vigi: He/she wouldn't aim to kill contributors (scum may however)
If 2nd kill was SK: I don't know what he/she plans to do, so I can't effectively judge who won't be NKed.

cabot

Eh, I've had an inactive teammate before. If they're just RL busy there isn't really anything you can do about it.

I guess I'd be fine lynching any of that list. Maybe not Ultron since I think he's town, but he's certainly been dead weight. Style I suspect, the rest I have no strong opinion of.

My own top suspects at the moment are Corn, Style, Zipped... Probably in that order

I'm leaning town on CB based on this day phase, mostly. He's been a little defensive over some people suspecting him, but I don't know if that's because its some of the big hitters like yourself or if he's afraid of dying.

Makai

Well, ruling out contributors might be too strong, I mean it like this:

If 2nd kill was Vigi: He/she wouldn't aim to kill contributors (scum may however)
If 2nd kill was SK: I don't know what he/she plans to do, so I can't effectively judge who won't be NKed.
Nah, Vigilante would just go for their personal scum suspect. Serial Killer would go for someone getting no attention to avoid alerting Tracker, being thwarted by Doctor, etc.

I don't see why it matters if I nominate someone who ends up getting night killed. If that happens, odds are that I won't be killed, so the deputy will be irrelevant.

And if we do both end up killed, plenty of people have been in favour of getting rid of the role anyway, so it's no massive loss.

Makai

I don't see why it matters if I nominate someone who ends up getting night killed. If that happens, odds are that I won't be killed, so the deputy will be irrelevant.

And if we do both end up killed, plenty of people have been in favour of getting rid of the role anyway, so it's no massive loss.
If you deputize someone who's about to get night killed, scum doesn't have to make a choice.

Intentionally killing off Sheriff is really dumb. I don't understand that strategy at all.

If you deputize someone who's about to get night killed, scum doesn't have to make a choice.

Intentionally killing off Sheriff is really dumb. I don't understand that strategy at all.
How would you know if someone is about to get NKed before it happens?

Makai

How would you know if someone is about to get NKed before it happens?
Top priority is anyone who has claimed a power role. Sorry to break the bad news, but that could include you if you're not lying about your alignment. Town power roles have claimed Sleepwalker as a cover.

Anyone outright claiming doctor, cop, etc is definitely in trouble.

Burbeting

Banned
1. I had been thinking about voting either Style or GLT for some time
2. It was more in response to cabot's bit about using your vote to prod/pressure

1. Give me your thoughts on GLT (and Style). With more than just one sentence, please.
2. Wasn't that prod/pressure thing from Cabot on D1? Or do I misremember that, because if it was D1 then you are kinda late with it.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to be here when the day ends, will be most likely travelling by foot/buses for next two hours, so I'll be only on mobile. Trying my best to be here at deadline!

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, I'm here.

Unvote: Boo Boo'n

He never replied to my request for a top town list, but we're at day's end and that's hardly enough to suspect him let alone lynch him.

Alright, time to vote
VOTE: Style
You've been acting pretty weird, especially with the cabot vote thing earlier.

This is an interesting vote because it's one of my suspects voting for another. If both were scum this vote makes no sense, but if only Style is that would calm most of my Xamxiety.

Vote: Style

Any thoughts, Style? And I'm not asking for a role claim, you're not at risk of anything yet so don't do anything harsh. Also, here's your vote on CzarTim:

Vote: czartim

You were quick to jump on the Darryl bandwagon despite agreeing with him at a point. You have also been accusing some players I have a hunch are townies as scum, so I'm betting on you being it.

Can you elaborate on the first sentence? He agreed with Darryl once so he couldn't vote for him? Was this meaningful for some other reason, was it a game-changing statement he agreed on or something? And then there's some meaningless hunch stuff. Give us more. What are your thoughts on his convo with Cabot from the last page?

cabot

Xamxiety.

giphy.gif

1. Give me your thoughts on GLT (and Style). With more than just one sentence, please.
2. Wasn't that prod/pressure thing from Cabot on D1? Or do I misremember that, because if it was D1 then you are kinda late with it.
I think GLT is acting suspicious, with his stealth role claim, but I agree with cabot's thinking in the fact that staying as quiet as he is (only 1 post this whole day phase) would be a really good way to attract attention to himself, and therefore something scum wouldn't do. I've played enough ToS to know that being silent doesn't remove you from suspicion.
On the topic of Style, it seems like he might be having a bit of a panic attack similar to what Sophia had last game, or otherwise is super flustered, with his reaction against Cabot, even when Cabot hadn't actually voted against him.
No Voters:

Lollipop Dave
StarSketch
Timeaisis
ultron87
Xamtheking

Shame on you all. It's D2, using your vote to prod/pressure is expected.
And here's the cabot post from this phase

ultron87

Yeah, I've been useless today. It's been a rough week but that's no excuse. I'm bad at town. Wrapping my head around this many players is quite difficult.

I kind of want to vote Xam but if I'm being honest that's more out of curiosity than actual suspicion of scumness. He's playing so loose and weird that it feels more intentional than just "new playerness" (which continues to be a bad excuse for anything). Like he wants to get lynched. Even the extremely half hearted defense as things were coming down to the wire yesterday felt like that. I guess he could be doing a long con where he acts in a suspicious enough manner that some scum can bus him later on and it doesn't look like the suspicion came out of nowhere. I'm certainly fixated on him since he tied himself to me so directly with the claim of the same role.

Let me look at the other candidates here.

As a clerical question, I think the vote count has a vote from Timeaisis for me that doesn't exist? The referenced post quotes some votes for me but doesn't have an actual vote. Probably just a slip up in the counting code.

ultron87 (2)
timeaisis 1487

Palmer_v1

Yeah, I've been useless today. It's been a rough week but that's no excuse. I'm bad at town. Wrapping my head around this many players is quite difficult.

I kind of want to vote Xam but if I'm being honest that's more out of curiosity than actual suspicion of scumness. He's playing so loose and weird that it feels more intentional than just "new playerness" (which continues to be a bad excuse for anything). Like he wants to get lynched. Even the extremely half hearted defense as things were coming down to the wire yesterday felt like that. I guess he could be doing a long con where he acts in a suspicious enough manner that some scum can bus him later on and it doesn't look like the suspicion came out of nowhere. I'm certainly fixated on him since he tied himself to me so directly with the claim of the same role.

Let me look at the other candidates here.

As a clerical question, I think the vote count has a vote from Timeaisis for me that doesn't exist? The referenced post quotes some votes for me but doesn't have an actual vote. Probably just a slip up in the counting code.

That does look like a mistake. I'll ask Royal to take a look.

Palmer_v1

You guys love posting when I'm asleep, huh? Damn Europeans.

I'm not sure I understand the heat on Style right now.

Hey, can you post the vote count, and verify where your vote is currently? If you check above, there may be a problem with an Ultron vote from you. If it's not meant to be there, maybe Unvote or something.

Timeaisis

As for Timeaisis? Very unmemorable posting; I feel like they're coasting through the discussion in a way that I'm not into. Few posts. Can't recall many memorable contributions. Was one of the people who wanted to start an early StarSketch bandwagon on Day 2 while agreeing with batsnacks, which felt unnecessarily hasty. Weird reads list; claims they're useless, but doesn't do much else to seek werewolves.

I don't remember that.

You guys love posting when I'm asleep, huh? Damn Europeans.

I'm not sure I understand the heat on Style right now.

Mostly just poking him to try to get him to post.

Yesterday after a lot of poking, he finally started making some contributions, today he's gone back to not posting a lot, and his few contributions have been odd. He made a really strange vote on CzarTim, due to him "accusing people he had a hunch were town." Which he still hasn't clarified.

ultron87

Yeah, I think I'm down with the Greatlord Tiger votes. That super big defense post is such an overreaction to a single vote and I don't really buy some of the reasoning in there.

VOTE: GreatLord Tiger

Alright, I have class, so I will not be able to post in this thread before the end of Day.
I will leave with a prayer to Burb that he survives Night 2

Timeaisis

After re-reading the GLT post like five times, it still strikes me very weird that the ordinary villager roleclaim is just kind of peppered in to his defense. That, and the entire post is a defense of himself, which isn't suspect, but is kind of weird that that's literally his only contribution today.

I really don't have a strong feeling here, but I think he's our best bet today and we're running out of time.

VOTE: GreatLordTiger

I'm not much for this "feeling out" discussion we've mostly been having so far. My posting frequency has historically been proportionate to my level of certainty, and in a game this size I'm finding it difficult to be certain about anything.

I expect to contribute more once the roster shrinks a bit and there's more for me to latch onto. Assuming I'm alive, of course (knock on wood).

Swamped

Banned
Anti-town yeah but...I sort of believe the claim, personally. :/

I agree (this is wrt the GLT ordinary claim)

It doesn't really matter if someone states they can prove they're town 100%; either do it or be quiet about it, because you're not benefiting anyone. Actually, you're making me focus on you more than before, now.

And yes, it's a broken record. At this point in the game, hearing that someone doesn't have the time to post as an excuse just gets old. Seek replacement if it's that much of an issue.

Aww this seems a little harsh. Some players are by nature low post count, that's just a part of their playstyle. I don't really have a problem with few posts, it's just that those posts should contribute something new to the game, or advance it. That's what I see as Town behaviour.

Having said that, I too am suspicious of MattyG because his posts have mostly echoed other players at this point. He also latched on to batsnacks whom I thought was an easy target because of his delibrate 'bandwagony' play. Now he says he can prove his Village-ness, which is neither here nor there. A wolf could easily say the same thing. Still, when MattyG made this statement, he had no votes on him, so why did he feel the need to explain his Towniness? Unsure.

Maybe I'm being unfair to MattyG, as there are definitely other posters who are coasting by with suspicious behavior (like Dave and QuantumBro). So far I'm satisfied with Makai's explanation of his actions wrt Dave.

I'm still keeping my vote where it is, but I can switch if there is a tie situation. Give me a second to do that though since I will be on my phone!

Top Bottom