• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the biggest concerns in your life right now?

Mondai

I’m a simple person, my biggest concerns are thinking about things to do at home to keep me entertained and trying to see if I can seen my friends more often. Aside from that , I have no other real worries.

SJRB

Gold Member
- Never owning a home
- Insane neverending inflation
- Overwhelming rise of energy costs
- Immigration washing over the country spiraling completely out of control
- GTA 6 release date
- Individualism of society
- The overwhelmingly grey area of climate change
- The absolute untrustworthiness of politicians and large corporations
- The effect TikTok and other brainrot-applications have on youths
- The rapid decline of the quality of education
- Bloodborne never getting a remake

You know, typical Monday morning stuff.

KrakenIPA

- Never owning a home
- GTA 6 release date

Jesus mine was just GTA 6 release date.

Patrick S.

Banned
- Never owning a home
- GTA 6 release date

Owning your own home has its downsides, too. Whenever stuff breaks or needs to be maintained, you can face sudden bills in the thousands. Or like in my case, you don't have a central heating system in your house, and the systems our German Government tells me I need to buy cost €30K or more. If you're just renting, that's not your problem.

Inflation is a huge bummer. I got a 23% raise last year which inflation and energy cost have largely nullified. I'm not too happy about that :( But if you are in a position where this affects your ability to, dunno, go to the cinema or buy a new video game, maybe it's time to switch employer, or switch careers entirely. I went back to school at 39 and left behind the miseries of working in the hotel field to being a systems and network administrator.

Immigration, well, yeah, that's the one thing concerning me the most right now. I'm increasingly fearing for the safety of my family and myself, and I'm starting to deeply hate my Government and the other European Government for letting that happen and calling everyone who voices their concerns a Nazi.

Politicians and large corporations never have been trustworthy. In the age of globalisation, I'm afraid this will never change.

TikTok shit you can just turn off.

Bloodborne remake is going to be a PS6 launch title.

supernova8

Banned
- trying to work out what this sore throat is (which has persisted for almost a year and isn't an STI and hasn't shown anything on X-ray/CT scans).
- trying to stay on top of organizing our wedding as well as trying to make sure we have enough to easily afford everything (no plans to get a loan).

Mr Hyde

My health related to my spinal cord injury, forcing me to live with chronic back pain and nerve pain in my left leg. I take strong meds and work out like crazy to alleviate some of the pain, but unfortunately it never goes away fully. Which in turns are making me worry about...

... My economy. It's much improved since last year when I was in dire straits due to being away from work for a couple of months, but I always have this looming cloud over me where I think about my ability to work full time, due to my broken back. This is probably my biggest concern. I like to work. I like to contribute to society. I don't want to be retired and have some disability pension or something like that and have people think I'm some lazy cunt.

Last edited:

k_trout

it seems the majority of people don't understand that believing something doesn't make it true and disagreeing with someone doesn't mean they are wrong

I’m pretty sure there’s some sort of leak in my apartment causing unusual humidity and it’s been causing some of our furniture/clothes, and some corners of rooms to have mold. It’s all surface level stuff and easy to clean but it’s been a month and I’ve had to clean it multiple times because it keeps coming back despite us buying a dehumidifier to combat it.

A month ago I told my landlord about it and the repair guy said he’d look into leaks but never did. I also tried contacting the landlord several times in that timespan and she never returned any calls/messages. This past weekend I get a letter where the landlord basically made up a bunch of bullshit trying to blame us for the humidity/mold. Then said that we’d have to pay for them to look into the mold.

Also if we don’t clean it up (which we have been the whole time, and it’s mostly been damaging our furniture/property and not her apartment) we’re getting evicted. My wife and I just had a kid 2 and 1/2 months ago, and the landlord now has decided to try and lie and evict us. Tomorrow I get to show her she’s full of shit but my anxiety is through the roof.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'm doin' good overall but sometimes when I forget stuff I worry I might eventually get dementia like my mom.

I'm usually very grounded but this bugs me even though it shouldn't.

Also as I'm getting older even though I have a good cushion set aside my job has no pension plan. There's an equivalent thing but I think it's too late for me to participate.

I figure I'll just kidnap & torture a known rapist or child molester and just before killing him call 911 so I can get 3 meals a day & play cards with some buddies in prison 😁

Patrick S.

Banned
I’m pretty sure there’s some sort of leak in my apartment causing unusual humidity and it’s been causing some of our furniture/clothes, and some corners of rooms to have mold. It’s all surface level stuff and easy to clean but it’s been a month and I’ve had to clean it multiple times because it keeps coming back despite us buying a dehumidifier to combat it.

A month ago I told my landlord about it and the repair guy said he’d look into leaks but never did. I also tried contacting the landlord several times in that timespan and she never returned any calls/messages. This past weekend I get a letter where the landlord basically made up a bunch of bullshit trying to blame us for the humidity/mold. Then said that we’d have to pay for them to look into the mold.

Also if we don’t clean it up (which we have been the whole time, and it’s mostly been damaging our furniture/property and not her apartment) we’re getting evicted. My wife and I just had a kid 2 and 1/2 months ago, and the landlord now has decided to try and lie and evict us. Tomorrow I get to show her she’s full of shit but my anxiety is through the roof.
You should really move out if they don’t fix that shit quickly, that stuff could kill your kid :(

AJUMP23

I am also trying to figure out how to go see Oppenheimer. Schedule is busy and I need to find 3 hours to get the theater.

Aesius

If the mold keeps coming back, there's a good chance it's inside the drywall.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Minimizing the size of the boulder I've been dragging all my life so I can stop surviving and start living.

Knowing my cat and dad are at a certain age.

Wanting to fall in love.

Hoping my upcoming operation turns out positive.

Redecorating my apartment.

Stop smoking.

Hoping I can visit Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT next summer.

Rival

Gold Member
Saving enough for retirement and my girlfriends’s well being. I’m only now beginning to make enough that I can put away any real savings. At least I’ve gotten myself out of debt with the exception of my mortgage but I am paying extra on that each month. Long ways to go though.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Getting my car window fixed this week because someone smashed it
Getting the rest of my things out of storage this week
Trying to finish saving for a house and buy one by the end of the year
Oh, and getting this annoying project into production at work
As I get closer to 40 I'm also constantly thinking about how I spent my life and what I want to do with the time that I have left

Hudo

You don't have to worry about that. Experts have told me that a Bloodborne Remaster/Remake is gonna do 10 million at least. Sony won't leave that kinda money on the table.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I still have to work, and I probably will have to for all my life.
My hair has gotten to a point where I need to wear a hat in the sun, and the loss is painfully evident in the daylight.
My dad will be a senior citizen soon and he’s made some life choices that will probably leave him unable to provide for himself if a couple of things go wrong.
My vision is a mess.

Some of these things would be so much less of a burden if I had fuck you money. But I guess it’s that way for the majority of people.

Scotracer

Neo Member
My parents starting to age (mid 60s).

Honestly, sounds wanky as hell, what to do with my money since I got a major pay rise. I live pretty efficiently (not frugally that sounds lame) so I have loads of disposable income and it's making me anxious what to do with it and not regret it later. Just invest it? Need to spend a lot of time looking into it. Save it to buy a house in London rather than the suburbs? Is that a good idea? Just splurge it on a Porsche 911 since life is short?

A proper first world problem.

Billbofet

That my kids will have a worse life than I have been able to have - less fulfilling, more isolated, etc.
I'll set them up to have a leg up financially, but I'm concerned more about the less tangible things that make life great.
Feel like I grew up in a way better time or was just ignorant (bliss) to all the shit around me.

I'm sure most parents have this same worry.

Wunray

Mental Health and My actual health.....and also concerns over my future such as getting my own house, starting a family*I do want to be a dad one day), and finding that someone.

My parents starting to age (mid 60s).

Honestly, sounds wanky as hell, what to do with my money since I got a major pay rise. I live pretty efficiently (not frugally that sounds lame) so I have loads of disposable income and it's making me anxious what to do with it and not regret it later. Just invest it? Need to spend a lot of time looking into it. Save it to buy a house in London rather than the suburbs? Is that a good idea? Just splurge it on a Porsche 911 since life is short?

A proper first world problem.
You can spend time analyzing and optimizing your investments, or just put it in a few index funds based on the market overall and call it a day. That's what I did

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I already put a lot of hours in Totk but I lost some decent weight I been skipping meals i gotta beat it but I can’t let myself lose too much weight so I’m juggling that right now might take a break for a week soon and eat more frequently

The only somewhat comforting thing about death is that it will visit ALL things. You're not gonna do it on your own.
We said the same thing about multiple diseases at one time and another until we found respective cures. Death is the big one, it's bigger than cancer and precociously balances on the precipice of science, philosophy and religion.

badblue

My health related to my spinal cord injury, forcing me to live with chronic back pain and nerve pain in my left leg. I take strong meds and work out like crazy to alleviate some of the pain, but unfortunately it never goes away fully.

I feel you here. Had an SCI 2 years ago and it's been fun trying to get back on my feet. The constant pain sucks too.

My biggest concern is just recovering more from that. Fucked me up pretty good (it was that or the all the covid's I caught. most likely both) physically and mentally.

Top Bottom