• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the biggest concerns in your life right now?

Dark Star

my corporate office job is sucking the soul out of me right now, but I'm grateful to be employed at least

fortunately everything else in my life is chill, i guess. i have my hobbies, music, movies, games, my family/friends. i live in a nice suburban area in Texas and have access to many great things including nature trails and lakes. it's like a safe bubble. i kind of wish i wasn't a dateless virgin or whatever, but I can live with that. I am fit/decent looking, just kind of introverted/sheltered home body. I guess being single limits the amount of drama in my life, so that's a bonus.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

Getting a little over the constant interest rate increases.
Haven’t done the math but soon I’ll probably be slowly chipping into savings each month rather than just paying for it from my pay.

But otherwise if I don’t calculate the above I remain content.

sedg87

Banned
Health issues and employment. One is making the other infinitely more difficult. I'm only 35 but since I had pneumonia last year I haven't felt right; I've been constantly tired and ache all over. I used to enjoy walking but even that has become difficult.

The fact that I am suddenly putting on weight at a rapid pace (as in over the last few months without any changes to my diet or lifestyle!) and I can't figure out how to fit the gym into my life.

Aside from health, my other worry is how to bring up my child within the Western school system. I think about homeschooling him a lot but it's not something that's really done in the UK so resources are thin.

Other than that, life is grand.

NahaNago

Mostly it is just my lack of skill sets I could use to monetize. Me not having learned Japanese after all this time is my biggest concern honestly. It is really irking me. I honestly plan on taking a vacation this month and just hammering away at that language like it was my job.

Meet Oprah.
KwOq.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hard saving money, maybe too many bank and savings accounts. Thankful I’m not in debt though.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Perhaps watch..

Or decipher the Voynich Manuscript.

Time is against you but maybe, just maybe you can create a homunculus and transfer your soul/consciousness into it as to be reborn with your experience/memory intact.

space scifi GIF by Corbu

IDKFA IDKFA has prolly on ignore. Oh well. ♡ 😔

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Perhaps watch..

Or decipher the Voynich Manuscript.

Time is against you but maybe, just maybe you can create a homunculus and transfer your soul/consciousness into it as to be reborn with your experience/memory intact.

space scifi GIF by Corbu

IDKFA IDKFA has prolly on ignore. Oh well. ♡ 😔

I don't have anybody on ignore. Not to my knowledge anyway.

Thanks for the vid recommendation. I'll add it to my growing to watch list!

AJUMP23

My kids want to see the new Ninja Turtles so I am taking them, but I am unsure if we should eat before or after the 5pm showing.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don't have anybody on ignore. Not to my knowledge anyway.

Thanks for the vid recommendation. I'll add it to my growing to watch list!

Time aka "eternal life" while consciously skipping the reincarnation memory reset seems an aspect of desire for a long ass time. It was quite amazing seeing Mind Unveiled's interpretation of the Voynich Manuscript as I own a copy. Although the Voynich way isn't viable nowadays since it requires components that are extinct. At least in our crater earth (hypothesis)

The video approaches the conceptions of creating a homunculus from an alchemical approach.

I recognize the length but this dude goes deep into the details while cross referencing many old/rare books from highly established writers from those ages.

Ofcourse. A lot of interpretation, connecting grey dots, etc.

My 2 cents.

stn

Finding a wife and raising a family. Also, my sanity (work long hours as a lawyer, shitty industry, shitty clients at least half the time, high stress, etc...).

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Time aka "eternal life" while consciously skipping the reincarnation memory reset seems an aspect of desire for a long ass time. It was quite amazing seeing Mind Unveiled's interpretation of the Voynich Manuscript as I own a copy. Although the Voynich way isn't viable nowadays since it requires components that are extinct. At least in our crater earth (hypothesis)

The video approaches the conceptions of creating a homunculus from an alchemical approach.

I recognize the length but this dude goes deep into the details while cross referencing many old/rare books from highly established writers from those ages.

Ofcourse. A lot of interpretation, connecting grey dots, etc.

My 2 cents.

I had no idea you could buy a copy of the Voynich Manuscript. I also thought this codex was still a mystery?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I had no idea you could buy a copy of the Voynich Manuscript. I also thought this codex was still a mystery?

It is. Mostly. That's an understatement. Seeing it supposedly is a guide to create a homunculus hence the occult language. Only understood by those who knew to translate ( conjecture)

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

The Voynich Manuscript is analyzed at the end of that 10 hour video. Giving the benefit of the doubt regarding the entirety of the video I was shocked, yet not regarding the speculative interpretation of said Manuscript.

Bonus: 😊

The video also contains ancient ChatGPT in another (ofcourse) alchemical way.

Aesius

My career.

I've worked freelance for nearly a decade now and while I don't regret it--the freedom, flexibility, and lack of commute/office politics BS have been amazing (not to mention it allowed my wife to excel in her career, which required us moving a couple of times)--it hasn't been super conducive to building a long-term career. It also doesn't help that my skillset is being intruded upon by AI. I'm still young enough that switching gears won't be too big of a deal, but I have no idea what I want to do.

ZakSS

Banned
My job. I've been working on a draft of the new financial statements for almost a 2 month now. It's been hard for me, and I've already made a few gross mistakes that have forced me to redo almost everything. It's a pity that I was told almost at the last minute that everything can be done in Google templates (httрs://thegoodоcs.com/freebies/financiаl-repоrts/). It's much faster and, in fact, half the work is already done. But I've lost a lot of time and I might lose my job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom