• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you reading? (March 2011)

Gorgon

Finished reading Master of the Five Magics by Lyndon Hardy a few days ago. Nice magic system depiction I've seen in a novel, but the book is nothing special. I ain't buying the rest, but it was worth a read.

I had to make a pause in my reading of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel. The book is great and marvelously writen, but somehow I lost the impetus. I'm about 180 pages in but I lost the momentum and now I have a shit-ton of other stuff to read. I think it will take some time to finish that one.

Now I'm in the mood for the old days of hunting and exploration in Africa and India. Had a grand-grand-grand-father who made an enourmous fortune in the Belgian Congo in the late 1890s to perhaps about the 1920s or 1930s. So I'm in a mood for the whole "white hunter" stuff of old.

I'm beguining to read this one, which is considered a huge classic:

Corbet1.jpg

It's basically about the hunting experiences of Jim Corbett, a guy who's fame comes from hunting maneater tigers and leopards in India in the early part of last century in Northern India, and who made a huge contribution for the establishment of the first Indian national wildlife reserve.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Gorgon said:
I had to make a pause in my reading of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel. The book is great and marvelously writen, but somehow I lost the impetus. I'm about 180 pages in but I lost the momentum and now I have a shit-ton of other stuff to read. I think it will take some time to finish that one.

The first 2-300 pages of the book are boring as all fuck, but once the book gets going, it's really, really good.

Top Bottom