• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your political leanings?

sans_pants

avec_pénis
So if the mods are gonna allow blatant racism, this site is fucked. Good luck getting new members if this shit's gonna fly.

He's not even using dog whistles anymore. Just say the n-word, Rocket. We know you want to.

when brands turn to toxic shit they can always try and court the racists, who have no standards at all

No if he knew it he wouldn't have used it b/c he wouldn't have to deal with you dogpiling him lol. Why would someone who isn't trolling post something like that, which makes the conversation immediately turn on him.

I would have thought admitting something nobody likes would create a dogpiling. As I did several pages ago. Except i'm willing to defend my position with calm, reasonable, thought out responses.

Dunki

If there weren't a free press, there wouldn't be an America. Same in your country. To attack them as if they are corrupt and worthless, that is a thread of a democracy unraveling. Trump thinks it's great that Putin controls his press and prosecutes reporters or outlets that criticize him. Would you prefer that? An authoritarian country that does not question it's leadership, or that just prints praise for dear leader?

It's fine if you think you're an outsider, but why not be informed and reasonable as well.

wait what?

I am attacking the media our American journalism because I think they are biased and corrupt and not following journalistic ethics anymore. I do not want government controlled media at all. Journalistic media is the biggest influencer of our society these days and I think this power is being utterly misused by almost everyone in America.

Also I am informed but I also was bombarded on social media with stupid articles about his walk, stance, handshakes, hands, skin color and all done by "journalistic" media. Be it reporter working for certain publications or even their official account. It was really annoying and it did not help at all to make them trustworthy or believe them.

Question the people yes but not directly attacking insulting or making fun of his walk, stance, hands, skincolor etc. This is what I call media bullying. I am sorry but I think Journalists should held much higher standards then the usual Twitter crowd.

No if he knew it he wouldn't have used it b/c he wouldn't have to deal with you dogpiling him lol. Why would someone who isn't trolling post something like that, which makes the conversation immediately turn on him.

no shit, they are obviously trolling, crossed the line violating the terms of service by posting disingenuously and used hateful inflammatory language and hopefully will be banished for it

rocket: so now that you know about the word's connections, will you use it in the same context again? Also would an apology be that unwarranted?

It will be an actual struggle to not use again as boy and doll are my go to words.

I wasn't being racist so i dont feel i should apologize, i have explained it wasn't a slur and it was a genuine mistake.

I just won't use it with Americans again i guess

Ke0

I don't understand how pointing out Trump took forever to denounce white supremacists == poster hates white people.

That's some really remedial primary school shite logic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy

No, it just the English language. ...

From your link

Race
Historically, in the US and South Africa, "boy" was not only a 'neutral' term for domestics but also as a disparaging term towards men of color, implying their subservient status. The usage ran from the period of slavery through segregation and apartheid, though it became less acceptable and decreased as time passed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy

No, it just the English language. ...
You've been breaking the TOS for this site since you started posting. You've repeatedly insulted anyone who disagrees with you, calling them alt-right slang such as soy boy. I have no clue why anyone would believe your "oh I didn't know" shit. You hang out with racists on the internet all day whether you're American or not. You know what you said.

I don't understand how pointing out Trump took forever to denounce white supremacists == poster hates white people.

That's some really remedial primary school logic.

It's a ridiculous and disingenuous leap of logic that I honestly thought was bannable before the condescending and racist "is the white man keeping you down boy" comment

You've been breaking the TOS for this site since you started posting. You've repeatedly insulted anyone who disagrees with you, calling them alt-right slang such as soy boy. I have no clue why anyone would believe your "oh I didn't know" shit. You hang out with racists on the internet all day whether you're American or not. You know what you said.

Lol soy boy is hilarious though, anyway doll, im out until later or not if im banned. Ciao

Sephzilla

I wasn't being racist so i dont feel i should apologize, i have explained it wasn't a slur and it was a genuine mistake.

1crzJZY.gif

kingbean

This appears to now be the case, my uber driver told me he knew it was racist in America....

I'll just quietly wait until banned lol

Context is everything.

The word boy isn't offensive in most cases. But if you're snarling and trying to belittle a black man in America it is pretty racist.

And as an adult white and native American mix. If some shit head says boy to me like a obnoxious fuck it'll make it sound bad too. Hell anything said rudely sounds bad.

VAL0R

Banned
Lol soy boy is hilarious though, anyway doll, im out until later or not if im banned. Ciao

Guys, she said she's from Australia and didn't know "boy" was sometimes seen as a racial slur in the US. Can we give anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore? I am NY resident and I have certainly been called "boy" many times and I'm Caucasian. Everybody needs to chill with the racist police stuff. I agree that if someone calls someone a blatant racial slur (directed at any race) it can reasonably be ban worthy. But a foreigner saying "boy" ought to be overlooked I think.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Guys, she said she's from Australia and didn't know "boy" was sometimes seen as a racial slur in the US. Can we give anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore? I am NY resident and I have certainly been called "boy" many times and I'm Caucasian. Everybody needs to chill with the racist police stuff. I agree that if someone calls someone a blatant racial slur (directed at any race) it can reasonably be ban worthy. But a foreigner saying "boy" ought to be overlooked I think.

"You must really hate the white man, he keeping you down boy" is not really open to interpretation

boy doesn't even make sense there unless its a slur

ZeoVGM

Banned
1. This does not show that he is racist but rather stupid. I would always compare him with a little child.

No, it shows that he is racist.

He posted it to make his white supporters be scared of black people.

People even tried to argue he is a NAzi which makes no fucking snse since so many of his family members are jews to begin with.

"I'm not racist, I have black friends!"

Trump is as stupid as every modern Extremist feminist character on social media

You're an idiot.

Dunki

No, it shows that he is racist.

He posted it to make his white supporters be scared of black people.

"I'm not racist, I have black friends!"

You're an idiot.
Ok

1. How do you know his intentions based on these tweets? I love how everyone can analyze people based on their tweets these days. Trump is not thinking much. To believe that he follows a goal with hit gives him way too much credit IMO

2. No I am just talking how he knows about jewish history and these are not his friends this is his family he openly welcomed as well. There is no alibi here. Except Again only if you think he plans all this.

3. Insulting me will totally help your argumentation Keep it up.

As for the boy thing: I did not know that boy is racist. I only compared it to someone who is pretty naive and like a child with his way of thinking. However noting this context you can say it was racist because the first part was "Is he keeping you down boy" plays directly to his race. I do not know his intentions my personal guess is that he knows what he was doing just like his favorite Number is 88. But again innocent until proven guilty. Still I am aware of him^^

VAL0R

Banned
"You must really hate the white man, he keeping you down boy" is not really open to interpretation

Another way of interpreting her comment might be her using "boy" as a way of prodding him for what is in her mind a weak and victim prone mentality, not a "manly" one. Being a "little boy" by blaming others for shortcomings and failures. "He's just a boy and not a man."

Maybe that's not at all how she meant it. I'm just saying you could interpret it in that non-racial way too. Has nobody here has ever had a female try to get under their skin by referring to them as a "boy" instead of a "man"?

It really isn't and anyone falling for "I didn't know that was racist" is being purposefully obtuse.

"is the white man keeping you down" is unacceptable enough and a totally unprompted condescending question that had nothing to do with me pointing out that Trump courts white supremacists with evidence

adding a well known racist insult just took it over the top. The poster even posted a wiki link to the term boy that says it's used derogatorily in the exact context that poster used it.

There really is no benefit of the doubt to be given here. That poster has been trolling and violated the term of service too many times, very blatantly this time

VAL0R

Banned
Trump is a Nazi? Why does the leader of the world's only Jewish state, Israel, prefer him over Obama? Why did Trump promise to move our embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv (a huge pro-Israel gesture). Trump loves Israel.

Ke0

Another way of interpreting her comment might be her using "boy" as a way of prodding him for what is in her mind a weak and victim prone mentality, not a "manly" one. Being a "little boy" by blaming others for shortcomings and failures. "He's just a boy and not a man."

Maybe that's not at all how she meant it. I'm just saying you could interpret it in that non-racial way too. Has nobody here has ever had a female try to get under their skin by referring to them as a "boy" instead of a "man"?

Come off it mate, I'm not even American or even a person of color and I only read that one way. Plus add in his frequent use of alt-right insults and it's really removes any benefit of doubt. Not to mention he asked that when the guy simply stated Trump took forever to condemn white supremacist groups.

How is that statement an indication of "hating white people"? How can any one read that statement and go "yea this gent hates white people!". You guys are nutters man.

VAL0R

Banned
It really isn't and anyone falling for "I didn't know that was racist" is being purposefully obtuse.

"is the white man keeping you down" is unacceptable enough and a totally unprompted condescending question that had nothing to do with me pointing out that Trump courts white supremacists with evidence

adding a well known racist insult just took it over the top. The poster even posted a wiki link to the term boy that says it's used derogatorily in the exact context that poster used it.

There really is no benefit of the doubt to be given here. That poster has been trolling and violated the term of service too many times, very blatantly this time

You need thicker skin. I've been called much worse than that in my short stint here.

Trump is a Nazi? Why does the leader of the world's only Jewish state, Israel, prefer him over Obama? Why did Trump promise to move our embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv (a huge pro-Israel gesture). Trump loves Israel.

Maybe if Trump didn't retweet propaganda from multiple nazi social media accounts...

You need thicker skin. I've been called much worse than that in my short stint here.

I really don't think telling posters we need to accept being called derogatory racist slurs is the way to go here. There's a general terms of service agreement here that states that what that poster said was unacceptable, do not defend it.

Dunki

come on....

Of course he would retweet this. "you always have the best Crowds" is perfect for his EGO. The tweets he retweeted are normal tweets. If you would not look at the name everyone could have posted this. If this is your e vidence than its pretty pretty weak.

But hey lets make an artcile about this shit. This is exactly what I was talking about.

Blood Borne

Dude, everything is racist to the left. It's political correctness/virtue signalling/white guilt gone too far. Benefit of the doubt isn't given anymore.

Reminds me of when I was in UK last year, Swinton Manchester to be precise, and I was shopping at a Walmart subsidiary called Asda. When I was about to pay for my shopping, a lady behind me approached me and my wife and said "Hi, we don't see your kind around here". Me and wife smiled and started talking to her, next thing, the cashier started censuring the lady, that what she said was racist. Me and my wife felt so awkward and infuriated.

Fast forward today, her son and my son are best friends. They skype each other every other week. I'm glad I don't have the same mindset of these virtue signalling over sensitive leftists.

After his second statement Monday Trump tweeted that the media would never be satisfied with his condemnation of racist groups. Later he retweeted leading alt-right figure Jack Posobiec, who had written: "Meanwhile: 39 shootings in Chicago this weekend, 9 deaths. No national media outrage. Why is that?"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/trump-tweets-alt-right-leader-who-praised-white-supremacist-richard-spencer-650852%3famp=1

All this pales in comparison to Trumps racist actions though.

come on....

Of course he would retweet this. "you always have the best Crowds" is perfect for his EGO. The tweets he retweeted are normal tweets. If you would not look at the name everyone could have posted this. If this is your e vidence than its pretty pretty weak.

But hey lets make an artcile about this shit. This is exactly what I was talking about.

Just stop. He has shared gross fear mongering racist propaganda. Sharing praises from blatant neo nazi accounts is a drop in the bucket of his history of refusing to denounce white supremacists during his campaign, being sued for race based housing discrimination multiple times, question if Obama was American, calling for the death penalty of innocent black teens, encouraging his supporting to beat up black protestors, excusing his supporters for beating a homeless latino man and so much more

Dunki

Just stop. He has shared gross fear mongering racist propaganda. Sharing praises from blatant neo nazi accounts is a drop in the bucket of his history of refusing to denounce white supremacists during his campaign, being sued for race based housing discrimination multiple times, question if Obama was American, calling for the death penalty of innocent black teens, encouraging his supporting to beat up black protestors, excusing his supporters for beating a homeless latino man and so much more

Than why do you have to result to this shit? You weaken any argument against Trump by doing this. If you argue how racist Trump is and your answer to this is " but he retweeted some account with a racist name.

If you want to argue go for the real meat show these kind of articles talking about these issues and not childish twitter bullshit.

And as for ecouraging Supporters to beat others people up. I will only say Antifa praise and celebration. This is the same shit just from the other side.

Than why do you have to result to this shit? You weaken any argument against Trump by doing this. If you argue how racist Trump is and your answer to this is " but he retweeted some accoutn with a racist name.

If you want to argue gor for the real meat and not childish bullshit.

It all adds up. No-one retweets multiple neo nazi accounts by mistake, especial when you have the history and present of Trump

You've already excused him for sharing blatant propaganda multiple times as if that damning enough by itself. Still when presented with all this other racist shit, you don't acknowledge that but focus on how I've presented my argument but you won't just admit that Trump entire history shows how racist he is

Than why do you have to result to this shit? You weaken any argument against Trump by doing this. If you argue how racist Trump is and your answer to this is " but he retweeted some account with a racist name.

If you want to argue gor for the real meat show these kind of articles talking about these issues and not childish twitter bullshit.

Are you dense. He named racist actions up and down this topic. Stick to the facts rather than your bias.

Wow, this forum really has gone to shit hasn't it? Never thought I'd see the day.

Again, no. Lime and co. aren't here anymore = clear improvement.

While I think that those users in here using shitty memes from rightwing corners of the internet isn't good (i cringe whenever I read 'soy boy' or the likes), I feel that as long as nobody crosses a certain line, this forum could now be a place for actual discussion, without living in fear of getting banned for 'wrong opinions'.

Of course, calling another user that you know is black a 'boy' is crossing that line. And it's pure cringe to then excuse it with 'I'm an uneducated asian girl'. I'll never side with ignorant people, no matter on which side of the political spectrum.

Still: If you think this forum has a chance, contribute! And if you think it's gone to shit, don't actually 'shit' on it by posting stuff like 'this is the new, better neogaf, huh?'. That's only a self-fullfilling prophecy then.

Dunki

It all adds up. No-one retweets multiple neo nazi accounts by mistake, especial when you have the history and present of Trump

You've already excused him for sharing blatant propaganda multiple times as if that damning enough by itself. Still when presented with all this other racist shit, you don't acknowledge that but focus on how I've presented my argument but you won't just admit that Trump entire history shows how racist he is

I do not know much about Trump besides the election. I can only judge him by what I know. And As I said before he will share everyone who praises him. He seeks after attention and praise. And no I focus on this because the first thing you said to me was this example with the white genocide account. I never saw articles about the racial discrimination about housing etc. Twitter for me is a red flag. If you argue with Twitter you have pretty much lost IMO.

Again, no. Lime and co. aren't here anymore = clear improvement.

While I think that those users in here using shitty memes from rightwing corners of the internet isn't good (i cringe whenever I read 'soy boy' or the likes), I feel that as long as nobody crosses a certain line, this forum could now be a place for actual discussion, without living in fear of getting banned for 'wrong opinions'.

Of course, calling another user that you know is black a 'boy' is crossing that line. And it's pure cringe to then excuse it with 'I'm an uneducated asian girl'. I'll never side with ignorant people, no matter on which side of the political spectrum.

Still: If you think this forum has a chance, contribute! And if you think it's gone to shit, don't actually 'shit' on it by posting stuff like 'this is the new, better neogaf, huh?'. That's only a self-fullfilling prophecy then.

lol as if that poster is forum famous enough for me to know his race

I'm rather educated too thank you very much, doing my master in Architecture, knowing a hot word in relation to a diferent corner of the world doesnt denote intelligence...unless sprouting Trump is a neo nazi conspiracies counts as smarts these days

Dunki

lol as if that poster is forum famous enough for me to know his race

I'm rather educated too thank you very much, doing my master in Architecture, knowing a hot word in relation to a diferent corner of the world doesnt denote intelligence...unless sprouting Trump is a neo nazi conspiracies counts as smarts these days

Let me be honest here.

It was clearly meant as racial insult even if you ignore the boy is racist part.

"Is he keeping you down is more than speculating that he/she is black the Boy part could be also interpreted as child you also could have you sonny or so and it would still be racial.

Besides why is your favorite number 88? Seriously these are strange coincidences to be honest. I am not judging you yet but I am suspicious because of it.

Also you could be atroll but wasting so much time for trolling seems like you have a lot of time^^

I do not know much about Trump besides the election. I can only judge him by what I know. And As I said before he will share everyone who praises him. He seeks after attention and praise. And no I focus on this because the first thing you said to me was this example with the white genocide account. I never saw articles about the racial discrimination about housing etc. Twitter for me is a red flag. If you argue with Twitter you have pretty much lost IMO.

That's telling that you claim to not know much about Trump but you still defend him, even when shown he shares racist propaganda. It's extremely hard to belief that all you know of Trump is that "the media bullies him" and all evidence presented to you come from a twitter basis that you discount just because

You guys claiming ignorance while constantly defending once side is pretty telling about yourselves and the side you're defending. Trump is supported by people who at every turn who will claim ignorance when presented with info they should already know.

Also funny how both these posters claim to not be american but are very strongly opinionated on american politics, until they claim to not know basic stuff

Let me be honest here.

It was clearly meant as racial insult even if you ignore the boy is racist part.

"Is he keeping you down is more than speculating that he/she is black the Boy part could be also interpreted as child you also could have you sonny or so and it would still be racial.

Besides why is your favorite number 88? Seriously these are strange coincidences to be honest. I am not judging you yet but I am suspicious because of it.

Also you could be atroll but wasting so much time for trolling seems like you have a lot of time^^

Oh god please tell me why i'm racist now?

88 is my favourite number due to the bingo call that goes with it....

*edit*

Ok i googled it, what the fuck. I can't keep up with this shit.

Dunki

That's telling that you claim to not know much about Trump but you still defend him, even when shown his shares racist propaganda. It's extremely hard to belief that all you know of Trump is that the media bullies him and all evidence presented to you come from a twitter basis that you discount just because

You guys claiming ignorance while constantly defending once side is pretty telling about yourselves and the side you're defending. Trump is supported by people who at every turn who will claim ignorance when presented with info they should already know.

Also funny how both these posters claim to not be american but are very strongly opinionated on american politics, until they claim to not know basic stuff

1. I do not know his history why should I? And the thing I have noticed here in Germany are these kind of articles because these were floating all around social media. Instead your housing example or other actually real articles. And as I said before. I do not defend Trump I even call him a little stupid child. I am defending a word which I think has a very very heavy meaning and I do not want to get it meaningless than many other words these days.

2. I am interested in this because this is my biggest gripe with Social media which I believe has radicalized our Society a lot. There is no middle anymore its either for or against its either us or them. And I blame Social Media for it.

Oh god please tell me why i'm racist now?

88 is my favourite number due to the bingo call that goes with it....

*edit*

Ok i googled it, what the fuck. I can't keep up with this shit.

Again I did not judge you yet I just found it suspicious. The 88 thing is pretty old actually And it just did fit here. I do not know Bingo so I cant tell sorry.

1. I do not know his history why should I? And the thing I have noticed here in Germany are these kind of articles because these were floating all around social media. Instead your housing example or other actually real articles. And as I said before. I do not defend Trump I even call him a little stupid child. I am defending a word which I think has a very very heavy meaning and I do not want to get it meaningless than many other words these days.

2. I am interested in this because this is my biggest gripe with Social media which I believe has radicalized our Society a lot. There is no middle anymore its either for or against its either us or them. And I blame Social Media for it.

Again I did not judge you yet I just found it suspicious. The 88 thing is pretty old actually And it just did fit here. I do not know Bingo so I cant tell sorry.

Thank god, a situation where someone from another country doesnt know...maybe i will get some slack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_bingo_nicknames

77 Two little crutches[10]
Sunset Strip From the 1960s TV series "77 Sunset Strip". Usually sung by the players.
78 39 more steps 39 + 39 = 78. Refer to 39 being "39 steps" above.
80 Gandhi's Breakfast Imagine looking down from above on Mahatma Gandhi sitting cross-legged in front of a plate or "ate nothing"
81 Fat Lady with a walking stick The number 8 is supposed to visually represent a lady with ample bosom and hips, while the number 1 is supposed to visually represent a walking stick
83 Stop Farting! The 8 is supposed to be the bottom and the 3 is the fart. Then when this is called, a player says "Who? Me?"
84 Seven dozen 7 x 12 = 84. Refer to 12 being "a dozen" above
85 Staying alive[11] Rhymes with "(Eighty) Five"
86 Between the sticks Rhymes with "(Eighty) Six"
87 Torquay in Devon Rhymes with "(Eighty) Seven". Torquay which is in the county of Devon, rather than one of several other Torquays which were elsewhere in the British Empire.
88 Two Fat Ladies[12] The number 88 visually represents a lady next to another lady. Refer to 81 above.
89 Nearly there
Almost there 89 is one away from 90 (the end of the bingo numbers).
90 Top of the shop[4] 90 is the highest (top) number in bingo. Shop refers to the entire game of bingo (and also rhymes with "top").

Top Bottom