• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your political leanings?

I mean I agree he probably is, but that is a scary level of certainty you have there.

True racism is inherently hard to pin down unless the person actually states something like "I belive black people are en inferior species". Doing something racist or saying something racist doesn't necessarily make you a racist, they aren't necessarily racially-hate motivated acts of words. This is especially hard when dealing with a colossal idiot like Trump, it's not like the amount of dumb shit he says and does is limited to the racial realm.

That said, yeah I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking he's a racist. I think him being a dumbass probably should take center stage, bit he does certainly do and say a lot of racist shit.

Wait, what?

Leaving that aside... you have a person's own words and actions, what more could you possibly require to draw a reasonable conclusion which is also one that is widely accepted among not only those who are trusted in their assessments of current events and politics but also those who personally know the person. It's never even been debatable.

Relativ9

Wait, what?

Leaving that aside... you have a person's own words and actions, what more could you possibly require to draw a reasonable conclusion which is also one that is widely accepted among not only those who are trusted in their assessments of current events and politics but also those who personally know the person. It's never even been debatable.
Can someone replace the 'believe' tag under the gaf logo with this now. It's only fitting.

So you're claiming that misunderstandings, unintended consequences, poorly chosen words, bad jokes, alternative motivations or hidden agendas don't exist? I'm confused how what I said could be so outrageous.

For example: If someone stokes the flames of racial tension in order to benefit and gain political power, but then themselves actually don't view the stigmatized group as inferior or evil or dangerous or whatever. They are being manipulative, sociopathic and certainly cynical, but not nessarily racist.

Motive matters, motive is what decides if you are a racist or simply doing a bunch or racist things. Normally I wouldn't object to the lack of this distinction, but the person I quoted stated the inner workings and motivations of a person he doesn't know and hasn't spoken to as something that was an actual fact. Motivations are a really hard thing to pin down to the level where it could be granted "fact" status. And not something you can do by reading twitter posts from someone who's clearly desperate for attention.

It was the certainty I took issue with if that wasn't clear. Not the issue of whether or not he was a racist.

Dunki

For the same jobs, same experience (controlled gap) it varies by state (NY is 89 cents per dollar of men, while Alabama is 70 cents), and varies more so by race.

Now uncontrolled gap factors in the types of jobs that genders take, which is what that article was talking about. This is in the U.S. of course, not Germany.

I don't agree with you on feminism so we'll agree to disagree.

And you're right that Trump does want attention and praise. The less he gets the more he whines on twitter. He's a dumbass, we know, But that still doesn't take away that he's a racist, posting racist things.

Here is where I agree regarding the Wage gap. There is a huge difference by Race I think the current ranking would be asian, white, black hispanic. And we need to get to the bottom of this. Just shouting racism is not helping here. Since we need to compare stats like education level, area, company sizes etc. So let me rephrase my statement. I believe there is a wage gap based on race, but I just do not agree on the feminism logic.
And yes this will probably be something we could never agree on which is totally fine.

And I never said he is not posting racist things but rather that he has no motive about all this. He does not know any better, he does not know a thing about it etc. Yes stuff he posts is still racist but to be a Nazi he needs a scheme behind it. He needs to knowingly doing this stuff. Thats why I would never say he is a Nazi.

What was the song called? Everyone is a little bit racist? Which is true but I do not think they are Nazis or a full fledged racist because of it.

So you're claiming that misunderstandings, unintended consequences, poorly chosen words, bad jokes, alternative motivations or hidden agendas don't exist? I'm confused how what I said could be so outrageous.

For example: If someone stokes the flames of racial tension in order to benefit and gain political power, but then themselves actually don't view the stigmatized group as inferior or evil or dangerous or whatever. They are being manipulative, sociopathic and certainly cynical, but not nessarily racist.

Motive matters, motive is what decides if you are a racist or simply doing a bunch or racist things. Normally I wouldn't object to the lack of this distinction, but the person I quoted stated the inner workings and motivations of a person he doesn't know and hasn't spoken to as something that was an actual fact. Motivations are a really hard thing to pin down to the level where it could be granted "fact" status. And not something you can do by reading twitter posts from someone who's clearly desperate for attention.

It was the certainty I took issue with if that wasn't clear. Not the issue of whether or not he was a racist.

You're overthinking this. Look at the evidence, listen to who you trust, use your best judgement and move on. Donald Trump is a classic schmuck and is the last person deserving of mental gymnastics.

Relativ9

You're overthinking this. Look at the evidence, listen to who you trust, use your best judgement and move on. Donald Trump is a classic schmuck and is the last person deserving of mental gymnastics.

He's the "leader" of one of the most powerful nations in the world, yeah he's a schmuck, but if anything is worthy of mental gymnastics it's that :p But yeah I get your point, I do that sometimes :p

golfham

It doesn't matter what you said.

Donald Trump is a racist. This is a statement of fact.

"He thinks oh that fits and goes."

Yes. Exactly. He sees fake states that black people are murderous animals on a picture that has AN IMAGE OF BLACK MAN HOLDING A GUN SIDEWAYS and thinks, "Oh. That fits."

That's fucking racist.

And randomly attacking "feminism" in this argument just shows the kind of person you are.
you have a brilliant mind.

Relativ9

I don't consider stating blatant facts to be "brilliant."

But you sent me a PM calling me the n-word about a month ago, so you have a low bar for brilliance I suppose.

Dude screengrab that shit and post it/send it to mods, that's horrible and will surely get him banned.

Gay man beaten to death after being thrown off a building by muslims is retweeted by Trump and your issue is with him and not the content?

Disgusting

Can you really be that dense?

I will find a video made by ISIS showing children that have been blown apart by coalition aircraft (there are many) and tweet that. Do you think people will respond more to the content, or the source I am quoting?

The diversionary tactics and downright disgusting nature of some of you is plain to see. How you haven't been banned yet already for the "boy" shit I don't know. It only goes to show this forum is one big bag of dicks now.

I will find a video made by ISIS showing children that have been blown apart by coalition aircraft (there are many) and tweet that. Do you think people will respond more to the content, or the source I am quoting?

The diversionary tactics and downright disgusting nature of some of you is plain to see. How you haven't been banned yet already for the "boy" shit I don't know. It only goes to show this forum is one big bag of dicks now.

Rocket Number 22 isn't worth replying to, great example of why there's an ignore feature.

I explained it was a mistake, was given the benefit of doubt ,not everything is racist. Don't like the way gaf is run now...toddle off to to the other site and wait for a mansplanning ban

Depends on the issue.

I believe in the right to own a gun. I am for gun control. I am pro choice for others, not for myself. I am for personal responsibility, and helping those that need it. I believe in lowering taxes, but believe my tax rate should be higher than families making less than my family.

Depends on the issue.

I believe in the right to own a gun. I am for gun control. I am pro choice for others, not for myself. I am for personal responsibility, and helping those that need it. I believe in lowering taxes, but believe my tax rate should be higher than families making less than my family.

This is me. I'm a capitalist like we all must be, but I want to increase access, facilitation and opportunity for those who have trouble getting it. And I also believe that we should focus on decreasing the tax burden of the middleclass, rather than the rich. Reducing waste is key too, but unproductive/unecessary waste.

Top Bottom