• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Does Sony Have For The Holidays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q21bznzy_HY

It's definitely Xbox, and they have exclusive content in the form of Ultimate Team Legend cards.

That was last year. Not saying MS don't have it this year and they may well have a multi year deal on it, but outside of CoD, marketing deals flip flop about for these big yearly games.

The game hasn't been announced yet so neither will a marketing deal be known yet unless it was stated in some PR a while ago about a multi year deal.

Ascenion

Has Bethesda ever done console-specific marketing in the past? Oblivion and the 360 comes to mind but that was before the PS3 even existed.

I don't think so, but then the quality (or lack thereof) of their ports on PS3 kinda did it for them.

Has Bethesda ever done console-specific marketing in the past? Oblivion and the 360 comes to mind but that was before the PS3 even existed.

Well Bethesda has nothing this year outside of ESO and Wolfenstein DLC if im correct. So i think they would want to at least ship a big game this year.

That was last year. Not saying MS don't have it this year and they may well have a multi year deal on it, but outside of CoD, marketing deals flip flop about for these big yearly games.

The game hasn't been announced yet so neither will a marketing deal be known yet unless it was stated in some PR a while ago about a multi year deal.

Yeah they might give up this year on a non U.S. centric deal since Sony has Europe on lockdown.

Fallout, Elder Scrolls were all Xbox tied last gen with timed DLC.

Sony had some marketing deal/timed beta for the Elder Scrolls beta (although like the game itself, not sure whats happening anymore with that now. But I'm sure they'll be trying to chase down marketing for the next Fallout or whatever, just like MS. Though if I remember correctly, didn't Sony say something about a deal with Bethesda last E3 or something?

Always with Xbox. FO3 and Skyrim were co-marketed with MS. NV probably was as well, but i'm not completely sure about that one.

PooBone

Fallout, Elder Scrolls were all Xbox tied last gen with timed DLC.

Sony had some marketing deal/timed beta for the Elder Scrolls beta (although like the game itself, not sure whats happening anymore with that now. But I'm sure they'll be trying to chase down marketing for the next Fallout or whatever, just like MS. Though if I remember correctly, didn't Sony say something about a deal with Bethesda last E3 or something?

No bells ringing. But if they did, watch it be for Dishonored 2.

EatMyFace

Banned
Yup. Moved a lot of hardware in september, but the end year NPD still showed that the XB1 version was the top seller.
NPD doesn't count bundles. Destiny had a PS4 bundle which sold like crazy in September and I'm assuming it sold decently into the holidays as well.

Armadilo

Banned
the PS4 has Star Wars Battlefront Marketing and Ratchet and Clank and No Man's Sky for this fall, not bad..not bad as what it looks like from right now

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Christmas cake.

Z0Yd1sp.gif

It's the PSN games which have me excited most now that I really think about it. RIME, Wild, NMS and alienation are games I'm really looking forward to, I would say that of the games announced this year Tearaway is the one I would like to play most. These kinds games have a lovely uniqueness to them which I don't see in the full retail releases. Playing Far Cry 4 right now and Ubisoft need to evolve their games, I can't believe it pretty much is the case of me liberating fucking bell towers again and again.

NMS looks like a game with no direction but it's so weird that I'll probably love it, a bit like noby noby boy.

NickFire

If the assumption that Sony has an exclusive marketing deal for Battlefront turns out true, then MS is in for a disaster this Xmas. Anyone who thinks Halo or Tomb Raider, or even both combined, can trump Battlefront in the same season Episode VII comes out, is delusional.

Worldwide PS4 will destroy xbox again, and the salt and cries of "no games" will reach galactic proportions.

You know, what we call a Tuesday.

xxracerxx

If the assumption that Sony has an exclusive marketing deal for Battlefront turns out true, then MS is in for a disaster this Xmas. Anyone who thinks Halo or Tomb Raider, or even both combined, can trump Battlefront in the same season Episode VII comes out, is delusional.
It isn't an assumption anymore. Go watch the trailer.

they'll have something and if they dont all the 3rd party games are still better on ps4. I don't see a scenario in which most people would ever want an xbone over a ps4 TBQH

Somnia

Also No Man's Sky is just "first on Playstation" correct? I swear I remember them saying that all the time that it was making it's console debut first on Playstation. I assume like Axiom Verge it's coming to PC and XB1 later correct?

AmuroChan

Why would that be disaster though? Halo and TR will still sell a ton for MS. And the hardcore XBox gamers are still going to play Battlefront on the X1 where their friends are. Exclusive marketing a nice get for Sony, but I think we're overestimating how much that's really going to impact Xbox gamers from not buying games on the X1 during the Holiday.

xxracerxx

Also No Man's Sky is just "first on Playstation" correct? I swear I remember them saying that all the time that it was making it's console debut first on Playstation. I assume like Axiom Verge it's coming to PC and XB1 later correct?

For NMS we know it will come to PC later, no word on XBO lately. Axiom Verge will be on PC later this year (May??), no word on XBO.

Top Bottom