• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Picked Steamworld Heist back up after putting in only an hour or two back in the day. I forgot how good the dev is. Incredibly fun little turnbased strategy game.
ss_6e3c18e55376597f09c98a8c85656e896f358be0.1920x1080.jpg

Aaaand Bought.. 👀

Duchess

Finished Spider-Man 2.

(no spoilers)

Was concerned to begin with it was all too familiar, but I absolutely love it in the end. Story got pretty dark as it went on (which I appreciated). Just cleaning up side missions, etc. Shouldn't be more than 2-3 more hours. Playing on Spectacular difficulty, which can get pretty punishing.

Next up: Dredge.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Still grinding my way through Elden Ring.

You guys may laugh or shake your head but at this point (70 hours in) in firmly believe that this game is too long for it’s own good. I mean, I’m level 70 now and feel like I only completed 50% of the game. It’s crazy. And it’s not like I’m not enjoying it or have too many issues with the difficulty. I simply feel burnt out…

Thinking of putting this game aside and continue in a few weeks. Afraid though I might struggle to get into it again then. Hmm…

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Still grinding my way through Elden Ring.

You guys may laugh or shake your head but at this point (70 hours in) in firmly believe that this game is too long for it’s own good. I mean, I’m level 70 now and feel like I only completed 50% of the game. It’s crazy. And it’s not like I’m not enjoying it or have too many issues with the difficulty. I simply feel burnt out…

Thinking of putting this game aside and continue in a few weeks. Afraid though I might struggle to get into it again then. Hmm…
I agree about the length. Where are you location wise? You should be at or near the endgame at that point I would think.

Half Life: Alyx
Automobilista 2
Assetto Corsa with a shitton of mods

All in VR. It's my new addiction.
Alyx is so good. I want a better headset than the OG HTC Vive before I do any more racing games. The screen door effect as too strong for me to be able to accurately gauge the middle and long distances. Which headset are you using?

Last edited:
I agree about the length. Where are you location wise? You should be at or near the endgame at that point I would think.

Alyx is so good. I want a better headset than the OG HTC Vive before I do any more racing games. The screen door effect as too strong for me to be able to accurately gauge the middle and long distances. Which headset are you using?
Im using the Quest 2 with a resolution override in the Oculus app and the Oculus Tray Tool with Supersampling set to 1.

Its fucking gorgeous!!!
I can see all the small detail on the "Russels" (anti grav gloves) like the screwholes, tie raps etc.

Without optimisation it still looks good, but a bit washed out. Now its super crisp.

Grabbing a dead zombie by the head and shooting it never gets old. Or tossing headcrabs in garbage bins. :D

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Far from Endgame I think. I only dipped a little bit into the Atalus Plateau. Currently clearing out Nokron. Still have most of the North to explore, the there is Ansel River and the Depths, also Azul. Then Northern Caelid. And so on… From the looks of it I think I can easily put another 70 hours into this. This game is just too big

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Far from Endgame I think. I only dipped a little bit into the Atalus Plateau. Currently clearing out Nokron. Still have most of the North to explore, the there is Ansel River and the Depths, also Azul. Then Northern Caelid. And so on… From the looks of it I think I can easily put another 70 hours into this. This game is just too big
Oh yeah, you're exploring everything so you've got 40ish hours left I think. I did the same and it took me about 120 hours to clear the game. I think I only missed a few things & I avoided looking anything up until the end as much as possible.

Played a few matches of WWE 2k24 last night, really liked it. Looked good and everything felt very smooth. Obviously it's not a huge leap from last year, but I'm looking forward to putting more time in. Saw on Reddit that they have blurred Vince's face out of some videos, lol (and fuck Vince).

Paltheos

Last two weeks (in-game) of Persona 3 Reload. My position is that it's the best version of Persona 3. I have some nitpicks, particularly with how mixed the arranged OST is (some are great, others are ugh), but in just about every other regard it's a well-thought out expansion on the original game. I think the development team had said something along the lines of being careful about what they added to stay true to the spirit of the original game and it shows. In some regards they were clearly conservative (to a fault), but the places they filled in needed filling in and are much better for it.

I remember so much of the second act of FES just being kinda empty, and there's allot more to do especially at night to fill in that time that colors the characters more while preserving what makes the third act so good. I especially like the Tokyo Xanadu-esque character episodes that are time-sensitive to that part of the story. Locking you into doing them at certain parts of the story doesn't chain the writers hands like social links, especially PC social links, into writing broad, whatever character stories that can fit anywhere into the larger story no matter where you are in it to avoid being awkward (and P3 of course is famous in general for not loading the entire cast into social links enabling their stories to be integrated better into the main plot too). Come to think of it though, I am bothered by how easy these are to miss - Unless you're checking your phone allot, you might not know when they're available.

Side note: I never thought I'd see Persona borrow from Tokyo Xanadu although I kinda doubt it was deliberate considering how much smaller Falcom is than Atlus.

amigastar

Just bought Solasta: Crown of Magister,
i have about 21 hours on Game Pass but now that the game disappeared on the Game Pass i'm gonna play it again on Steam.

Trifox on my Steam Deck

snoop_who.gif

It was 47.4 cents in a bundle. This is faint praise but I'm enjoying it more than that The Smurfs Mission to Vileaf platformer.

engstra

Been playing Tchia and been really enjoying it. Takes a lot of inspiration from Breath of the Wild but also has this really cool mechanic where you can possess and control objects and animals. The developers put a lot of love into the game and it shows.
For an open world game it doesn't overstay it's welcome, you can 100% it in like 15 hours. Highly recommend.

Gandih42

Finished my "Evil" (highest difficulty) playthrough of Evil West and got all the trophies.

Really fun game, the setting actually has some really fun twists on vampire lore (all manner of blood sucking creatures are used in the monster designs). It gets pretty intense on the hardest setting, but you have enough tools to deal with everything if you don't just try and mash your way through it.

Back to focusing on Xenoblade 3 and cleaning up side/hero quests before progressing to what I think might be the last few chapters. 95 hours in and they are still smartly using side content to flesh out characters in wonderful ways. Also loving the fact that the affinity chart from XB3 made it back, gives all the minor NPCs a nugget of flavor that is often missing in big RPGs.

Heavily contemplating whether or not to crack open Rebirth alongside it, as I just received my deluxe edition yesterday...

reektann

About 23 hours into Lies of P. Got to the swamp last night. I really like it but I find the block/parry mechanic very hit and miss and the timing of the hits almost feels like its trolling me sometimes. In some situations when you think you have a boss pattern understood it will randomly change so it does one less or one more hit as part of the pattern, it can be infuriating! The weapon stuff is super interesting too how you can take handles off weapons and turn a strength weapon into agility.

The one key thing that I like is there is only ever one way to go forward, I dont have a million options so its quite nice to know im not missing out on an entire level like in a Souls game because I didn't stare at a painting whilst using a random item that was in my bag.

Mr Hyde

I really hope From Software includes a casting tool for both Sorcery and incantations. I love HP regen builds but the most fun I have in combat is dual wielding katanas (Moonveil and Meteoric Ore Blade) which is for magic builds. Magic is also more fun in this game than Faith, with ice and ghostflame/ frost buildup being very powerful and fun to use. But damn do I miss me some Blessings Boon and the occasional Lightning Bolt up someone's arse.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I might have to pump the breaks on Steamworld Heist for a few days. I am absolutely obsessed with Black Skylands. I wound up picking it up in this months Choice at Humble Bundle.

It's like Hotline Miami with airships and RPG elements. It starts a little slow but the gameplay loop is super fun once you open up the world exploration. Dunno if I was meant to hit up this island yet but I just spent like 20 minutes methodically taking it over bit by bit. It's like skycrack. Upgrading my weapons too. Seems to be some basebuilding/customization as well but either it's largely superficial (besides building upgrades) or I haven't unlocked that portion yet.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Terminator Resistance: I wasn’t expecting this to be a dating game!

So Jennifer has appreciated everything I’ve said so far, and has pretty much made herself my girlfriend. She’s all tagging along with me now. I can’t even take a shit without her waiting outside the stall. I will absolutely be banging her, and then I’ve got to figure out how I can also bang the tattooed babe - without Jennifer knowing. Or maybe she finds out and doesn’t mind? Threesome? Who knows!

Mr Hyde

My build in Elden Ring is coming along nicely in prep for the expansion. Doing a int/faith with focus on frost and ghostflame. This gives me a chance to try out all the new sorceries and incantations that will appear in the DLC. I'm also leveling dex with some strength so I can try out new weapons. A jack of all trades kind of. I got a couple of more areas to clear. Miquellas Haligtree, Mountaintops, Farum Azula, Moghs area. After that I'm taking a break until Shadow of the Erdtree drops. Elden Ring is awesome but goddamn I'm sick of it now.

Shifty1897

I'm wrapping up the path to the true ending of Sea of Stars, but I'm conflicted on what to play next:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Unicorn Overlord

This came out a few days ago and I hadn't heard about its coming. Top Gear Racer is as fun as it was 32 years ago. Works well on the Steam Deck. I haven't even tried any online races yet.

Next up: Mythic Ocean. It's apparently only a few hours long. Got it for 47.4 cents on fanatical the other day. The announcement of endless ocean has me wanting to play it. Also a couple people on wario64s twitter were bummed they missed out on the switch version for 19.99 on Amazon. I thought, isn't this the same game I bought with like 2 seconds thought cuz it was so cheap the other day???

Last edited:
Rebirth is so damn good, going to have sapped a solid hundred hours from me but I'm close to that and then I will pivot back to RE Village and also need to beat Undertale which I've never played. Is it pretty short ?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FFVII Rebirth and Unicorn Overlord and both are soooooo good!

Japanese games are saving gaming this year because I personally cant think single western games I should be excited for this year.

I can say I truly have a balatro addiction. It's going to be my GoTY and it's probably in my top 10 games ever. Outside of that some Helldivers 2 from time to time. Finding that not as fun though without playing with people you know. It's a game, especially on higher difficulties, which needs coms to reach it's full potential.

Playing Fenyx Rising currently and it’s the most fun GaaS-feeling game i’ve played. It’s basically a GaaS game without the bullshit.
Such a shame that game bombed. It's the best Ubisoft game in a looonnnnngggg time. So odd to explain too, it felt unique and fresh to me even though it was a BoTW/ToTK clone and a typical Ubisoft game with similar missions throughout the map. Still pissed they cancelled the sequel.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Such a shame that game bombed. It's the best Ubisoft game in a looonnnnngggg time. So odd to explain too, it felt unique and fresh to me even though it was a BoTW/ToTK clone and a typical Ubisoft game with similar missions throughout the map. Still pissed they cancelled the sequel.
Even the bloated map with icons Ubi game design is fixed here. You only reveal icons by scanning or getting close.

Fredrik

Finally got my living room PC up and running, it’s been a nice boost for my gaming interest, even the building process.

Been playing:

No Man’s Sky
Haven’t played it since nearly 2 years ago, cool to see what they’ve done, it’s an old favorite of mine. Seeing it running smooth as butter at 4K Ultra in the living room is so nice too!

Starfield
Planned to check out the new beta update but this was one of the games where the new PC was extremely loud, so I mostly ended up tweaking fan curves.
Still playing it on the desktop PC though. I was near the end playing as a Highlander only using a sword. But the space fight before you go down fighting the starborns was too difficult, just couldn’t do it. Needed a new ship. So I went on to do the Mantis quest for the end reward. Fun playthrough!

Hollow Knight
One of my top 10 all favorites, it’s so near perfection that I struggle to find anything at all to complain about. Kids love it too so I’m playing it with them. Got the Crystal Heart to fly horizontally today. Bought a particularly nice Key that was said to have been found down in the water ways, went down to Ancient Basin and found a new area I has missed. This game is so so good 👌

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade
New playthrough, used to play it on PS5. Looks super nice on the PC and runs like a dream. Just met Tifa. Why can’t western devs design characters like this. Just wonderful👌
The game is kinda mashy imo but replaying it made it play better than in my first playthrough, got a better understanding how to use Barrets attacks.

Mr Hyde

In honor of Akira Toriyama I'll do another playthrough of Chrono Trigger (and then possibly Dragon Quest 11). I haven't played this game since I played the PSX-version and it was a horrible port with awful load times, so not the best experience. Now I'm playing it on Steam in 4K/60 with smooth transitions when entering fights. Very excited to relive this classic.

In honor of Akira Toriyama I'll do another playthrough of Chrono Trigger (and then possibly Dragon Quest 11). I haven't played this game since I played the PSX-version and it was a horrible port with awful load times, so not the best experience. Now I'm playing it on Steam in 4K/60 with smooth transitions when entering fights. Very excited to relive this classic.

The DS port is what I consider the best version of the game

F31 Leopard

Never heard about this game. Must be very underground. Looks like something that is only popular in Japan etc.
It's very low budget and very short. Each stage is set up in an arena with waves just like Onechanbara survival mode. I know most people wouldn't like it because it's very rudimentary. The combat has a lot of potential and I wish it was a full fledged game with levels like Onechanbara story mode.

stn

Achievement hunting in MK1 and WWE 2K23, and going for the platinum in Granblue Relink. Otherwise, FF7 Rebirth.

Shiren the wanderer 6 mystery dungeon of serpentcoil island. It's awesome! As a roguelike lover shiren is tops in console rgls. After getting my ass handed to me, by the boss, going to take a break for a bit, but I know I will be back!

Rotating between:
1.Grim dawn on xbx -
2.Silent hill down pour xbx (bought thr disc at a 2nd hand store as it's not on the store)

3. Stalker soc xbx (I own the base games on pc since launch but it's a good console port and want to support devs... Fun playing again too. Highly recommend,!

4. Brotato
5. Final fantasy 1

Just picked up guitar hero 1 - world tour, Metallica and rockband plus one guitar for ps2. (my ps3 Bluetooth is broke and this was way cheaper got them all for under $100 as I left my old gear with the ex wife) amazing what the instrument sell for now that nostalgia has hit.

Unicorn overlord demo... Will be buying this for sure.

Also picked up and played some: pentiment (switch), tomb raider trilogy (switch), dead space remake (ps5), and final fantasy pixel remaster (switch).

Last edited:

Needlecrash

I started to play some Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. However, I think I'm really close to end of Remake (currently on Chapter 14 finishing side quests). I'll finish that up before I get on Rebirth. Also, Unicorn Overlord is in my Switch currently, so I'm playing that and PS5 versions.

Fighting games are on hold due to a messed up lever. Replacement is on the way, so I'm taking a Street Fighter 6 and Tekken 8 break.

Top Bottom