• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What gems are trapped on last generation? (PS360)

playXray

When PS4 and XB1 were launched there were clearly loads of games that were unavailable on the new platforms. However, after the launch of BC on XB1, and many of the top PS3 games being remastered for PS4, loads of these have been brought into the current gen. In addition, many received PC ports, so are playable that way. However, there are still a few lost gems that are only available on PS3 or Xbox 360 (without BC). I'm thinking:

Ni No Kuni
Metal Gear Solid 4
Yakuza 3, 4, 5
Demon's Souls
LittleBigPlanet
Magic Orbz (I know, but my wife and I used to love playing this!)
Resonance of Fate

There are some others like Gran Turismo 5/6, though personally I'm OK with this due to the forthcoming Gran Turismo Sport.

I also love Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2 but these are now available on PC. Likewise, it would be ace to get Fable Anniversary on XB1 through BC but it is at least on PC for now. Also, Super Street Fighter II HD Remix would be on the list but the Ultra version is just about to come out on Switch (and will probabaly get to PS4/XB1 at some point too).

I'm not really counting PS Now as BC at the moment as it's either too expensive or too laggy for most users to want to pay for it. This may and probably will change at some point, but for the purposes of this discussion I'm only half-counting it.

Which of your favourite games are stuck on older hardware? Are there any that have kept you holding onto your old console?

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Resonance of Fate!

Mugy

For me, Dragon's Crown

Now, on the Wii U, well, almost every game that not Mario Kart 8. Specially Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

dracula_x

Dragon's Crown
BF1943
BF: Bad Company 1
Puppeteer
Sly 4
Bomberman Ultra
Tokyo Jungle
Dante's Inferno
Folklore
The House of the Dead Overkill
Asura's Wrath
LUMINES Supernova
Child of Eden
PixelJunk 4AM
NOBY NOBY BOY
Fat Princess

Clunker

Rez HD :(

When I traded up to XB1, it was literally the one game holding me back for about six to eight months. I still miss it like a phantom limb.

Rez HD :(

When I traded up to XB1, it was literally the one game holding me back for about six to eight months. I still miss it like a phantom limb.

STORE_6_1_large.png

?

-shadow-

The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. I truly hope Nintendo make these available​on the Switch :(

Edit: only PS360? Resonance of Fate.

dadjumper

This and Yakuza are the main ones for me.
EX Troopers did so poorly in Japan and never got a localization so there's no chance it'll ever get ported. Just waiting for RPCS3 to get good enough to run it.

breakfuss

Definitely Puppeteer. That game deserved to be on PS4 and was criminally overlooked. Instead Sony decided to go with ...Knack...potentially the worst game they've ever produced.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Tales of Vesperia

either 360 version of the PS3 version, PS3 version has more content but you'll need to use a fan translation patch cause it never released outside of Japan.

94826_frontasbmg.jpg

33699-tales-of-vesper4hz1m.png

maxcriden

I really want to try Majin and the Forsaken Kingdomon PS360. It was rumored for BC but I haven't seen it yet. Dustforce also looked good to me, that is on PC also though. (I also want to play Dust an Elysian Tale, unsure if coming to BC. That one is one PS4 though so it doesn't apply I suppose.)

LewieP

I have a soft spot for Midnight Club: LA.
Rockstar Table Tennis is kind of fun.
We still need a definitive release of Outrun 2.
The XBLA rerelese of Radiant Silvergun could do with a PC/PS4 version, and to go BC on Xbox One.
Bryan Lee O'Malley said he wants to resurect the Scott Pilgrim game if he can.
None of the Project Gotham Racing games are BC, at least last time I looked.
There was that rumoured Mega Man collection that would include 9/10.
Symphony of The Night had an XBLA and a PSP version, and it's on PSN for PS3/PSP/Vita, but it should probably be on Steam.

A few of the top tier XBLIGs got PC ports, but many did not.

*Splinter

Actually I don't know if you can play full-band guitar hero on current gen? There is rock band, and guitar-only guitar hero, but I still have my PS3 for GH5/WoR

Not sure what the situation is on Xbox with those.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Too many to consider not having old consoles around.

I will never understand normal people who only own one or two current consoles ;)

Top Bottom