• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What gems are trapped on last generation? (PS360)

Zeta Oni

Nice assumption, but it goes both ways - I didn't post Catherine not knowing it was on XBO BC, or not having read the OP. I'd wager the same goes for many of the others.

It's still stuck in last generation for anyone who plays on Sony consoles, so in a way, it's still trapped in last generation for the majority of those who purchased the original game.

And again, that's a qualifier your adding and no one else. That's not what the OP asked either.

And I don't expect everyone to know every BC game on Xbox. That's why I didn't respond to the others. But your here trying to still find ways Catherine should be included when no, it doesn't fit what the OP asked no matter how you try and spin it.

But this is getting off topic at this point, so lets agree to disagree.

oSoLucky

Nice assumption, but it goes both ways - I didn't post Catherine not knowing it was on XBO BC, or not having read the OP. I'd wager the same goes for many of the others.

It's still stuck in last generation for anyone who plays on Sony consoles, the majority of those who purchased the original game. (It sold more on PS3 than the 360, by a ratio of more than 6:1.)

So yes, it's not completely trapped in the PS360 generation, but it's certainly limited.

So you intentionally knew it was available.... but that's the ENTIRE premise of the thread. It's no different than random Switch port begging in a Destiny 2/Persona 5 thread. It's wholly off topic.

But this is getting off topic at this point, so lets agree to disagree.

Agreed - I originally just meant to defend & clarify why I'd mentioned it, but I can see how it doesn't 100% fit the exact qualifications mentioned in the OP.

My apologies for dragging the thread off topic.

dreamfall

The first Darkness game needs to be ported on PC. I'd actually kill for it, I loved the effort they put into it so much. The same goes for Condemned 2 - wish they'd make it BC or port it on PC also.

aravuus

Demon's Souls is definitely the first that came to mind. PS3 Ratchet & Clank games too, they're the best ones in the series.

I don't care if Red Dead Redemption or any other game being backwards compatible on Xbone or available on PSNow, I still consider them trapped on last generation. Especially in cases like RDR, where the Undead Nightmare expansion is bugged to a gamebraking degree, because Xbone BC games and PSNow games come with all patches ever made to the game, and the last RDR patch that game out sometime in 2014 broke the expansion. You'll actually get an inferior experience of that expension than on the original hardware, where you can just play the GotY edition (includes all prior updates of the game) without installing that last, game breaking patch.

I find it infuriating that even after the game was made compatible on Xbone, they still haven't fixed this problem in Undead Nightmare.

We will mostlikely never, ever get a PC version (or any other version) of this game again. That's why I own a 360 specifically for this game, amongst others.

The Darkness and Resonance of Fate being the other mutliplat games trapped on last generation which I own a 360 for. With Sega currently porting their console only back catalog to PC, there is a chance though that RoF will come to PC aswell.

Shadows of the Damned is another good last generation only multiplat game. But since EA published this one, I also don't bet on a PC version of this game. Has EA ever done late PC ports? I don't think so.

Metal Gear Solid 4 too will likely forever remain a PS3 only game. Konami's focus hasn't been on video games for a long time now and I don't see them porting older games to newer platforms.

Apo

Shadows of the Damned is another good last generation only multiplat game. But since EA published this one, I also don't bet on a PC version of this game. Has EA ever done late PC ports? I don't think so.

Who owns Shadows of the Damned? Does Grasshopper own the game and EA has the publishing rights or does EA own the IP as well?
If EA only has the publishing rights then maybe there is hope because it would be the same situation as with Bulletstorm.

Zeta Oni

I don't care if Red Dead Redemption or any other game being backwards compatible on Xbone or available on PSNow, I still consider them trapped on last generation. Especially in cases like RDR, where the Undead Nightmare expansion is bugged to a gamebraking degree, because Xbone BC games and PSNow games come with all patches ever made to the game, and the last RDR patch that game out sometime in 2014 broke the expansion. You'll actually get an inferior experience of that expension than on the original hardware, where you can just play the GotY edition (includes all prior updates of the game) without installing that last, game breaking patch.

I find it infuriating that even after the game was made compatible on Xbone, they still haven't fixed this problem in Undead Nightmare.

We will mostlikely never, ever get a PC version (or any other version) of this game again. That's why I own a 360 specifically for this game, amongst others.

That doesn't add up. I can understand your reasoning for why your mentioning Red Dead Redemption despite it being available on Xbox One BC, but it still doesn't explain why are you mentioning Shadows of the Damned?

There's no game breaking glitches in that one, and its also available on Xbox One BC.

kuYuri

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 is still only on last gen console. One of the few BF games that never made it to PC. The best we got were some maps from BC1 were brought back for Bad Company 2.

BF 1943 is another one. It was being developed for PC, but it was way after the console versions and it was eventually cancelled so DICE could solely focus on BF3.

Zukkoyaki

There are a lot of great racing games that will never be ported like Blur and Split/Second. Heck both the dev and publisher of Split/Second are no longer around :p

jerry5278

Neo Member
Also, legend of heroes: trails of cold steel 1 and 2. Would love to see them on ps4. Hoping that when ni no Kuni 2 comes out, that they will put the first game with it as well

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Red Dead Redemption. How the hell did this not get a PC release.

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
There are a lot of great racing games that will never be ported like Blur and Split/Second. Heck both the dev and publisher of Split/Second are no longer around :p

I just took Split/Second off my pile of shame a couple weeks ago. Great game!

Must be peer-to-peer or something because people were still playing online on PS3.

Top Bottom