• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What gems are trapped on last generation? (PS360)

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Shadows of the Damned. Shinji Mikami and Suda teamed up to make a great Resident Evil Style romp through hell.

I would buy Tekken Tag Tournament 2 a few more times if it got ported to current gen systems or PC I think

I'd love Anarchy Reigns to get a rerelease too

ubiblu

Fucking Okami. One of the best games of all-time and should be re-released every time a console comes out with higher resolution and better colour ranges.

4K HDR Okami would be insane.

oSoLucky

3D Dot Game Heroes.

What an overlooked game.

Such a fucking great game. No one ever gives it the credit due when talking about FROMSOFT games. It's pretty much everything I would want gameplay-wise in an expanded LttP, down to the crazy ass upgraded weapons and really high difficulty. I never did finish Spelunker Mode. Too hardcore for me.

I am really surprised that Catherine hasn't been released on PC or PS4 also. For no good reason I always felt that game was a shoe in to get a port, but of course it's only cult status in reality.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Catherine.

I didn't like it all that much at first, but the story grows on you. Now I find I wish I could play it again or another game from Atlus like it.

It's been repeated a hundred times, but that's for good reason. We'll never be able to play Catherine on PS again unless Atlus does a remaster or something, which won't happen. RIP.

Xbox One got you covered bruh.

It's crazy how many games are being listed that are available to purchase/play on Xbox One through BC.

It's been repeated a hundred times, but that's for good reason. We'll never be able to play Catherine on PS again unless Atlus does a remaster or something, which won't happen. RIP.

It seems it doesn't matter that it's on the XB1. It's as if it doesn't exist.

It seems it doesn't matter that it's on the XB1. It's as if it doesn't exist.

It really is strange. Not to mention that almost all of the BC games run superior on the One than they did on the 360.

I also expect quite a few other games being listed in this thread to be BC in the coming years.

DocSeuss

Part of me wants to make a "PSA: IF YOU LIKE CATHERINE, BUY IT ON XBOX ONE" thread because of the sheer number of people who seem unaware it's available.

It's also really weird to see games that are on the PC listed. Like, hey, these games are on PC. If you care about the games, just go play 'em there.

Shadows of the Damned. Shinji Mikami and Suda teamed up to make a great Resident Evil Style romp through hell.

This is on the Xbox One. It was like $3.50 last week or somethin

t1gerjaw

Ninety Nine Nights I & II

ninety-nine-nights.gif

A blast from the past.
I was so hyped back then, and I don't even like musou style games.

Folklore :(
Sony, please, make it happen!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's possible I missed it... but aren't there multiple EDF games that are not available on the PC or modern platforms?

The first game, 2, and 2017 (which itself is a remake of the first game) aren't available on PC and current consoles (2 and 2017 have Vita ports, though).

oSoLucky

I really hope Dragon's Crown gets the Odin's Sphere/Muramasa treatment in a couple years after 13 Sentinels or whatever. There was so much stupid backlash because of 2 character designs but the game was very fun. They just need to make it a bit more varied and re-balance the classes a bit.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
To me, it's a shame that RE5 and RE6 are available on new generations, while Silent Hill: Homecoming and Silent Hill: Downpour remain last gen.

I think Downpour didn't even get a PC release.

But the Wii-quality version of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories forever lost on Wii (ennui) is the real shame, to me.

Last gen was just brutal for Silent Hill fans, while RE sold gobs of shooters. I'm glad RE7 invoked a lot of what I was hoping for from Silent Hills, but in a way it fully cements how dead the series is now. :(

Silent+Hill+2+shot+25.jpg

Guys, Catherine is already available on XB1.

Guys, these are all on Xbox One too

Part of me wants to make a "PSA: IF YOU LIKE CATHERINE, BUY IT ON XBOX ONE" thread because of the sheer number of people who seem unaware it's available.

Ah yes, let me go get that wad of cash I leave lying around to buy systems I don't need.

It was on PS3, but is not on PS4. Just because it's available to the minority doesn't mean it's available to everyone.

There's merit in realizing that.

I had no idea that it's BC. I suspect most posters, like me, don't know the entire freaking list by heart.

Only ones I pay attention to are those I don't already have on PS3.

No one knows the list by heart but if you're interested in a game then most would assume you know the platform it's available on.

It seems like a lot are taking
trapped to mean trapped on the PS2/3 and not on, or coming to, the PS4. A lot of the games listed are either on PC or BC on the Xbox.

See post above.

Justinh

6XZvmhp.png

Criminally underrated. Only thing missing from this package was Viper Phase 1.

Hopefully it becomes BC on xbone one day.
I hope this comes to the BC program along with Raiden IV soon (Raiden IV is on steam though, I'm just thinking out loud here).
Table Tennis

Muramasa

for example.
Holy crap! I loved Table Tennis way back in the day. Can't believe it's been... what? more than a decade from when I was into it though.
Mega 9 and 10. Obviously.
These two games are backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

I was actually looking for the first Darkness on steam like... a few months ago since it's been ages since I played it and I had a craving. I was surprised to find that it never got a PC port and had me all... whywhywhywhy.apng

edit: Kinda surprised EA didn't put Dante's Inferno up on Origin (actually, I guess this isn't that surprising).

oSoLucky

No one knows the list by heart but if you're interested in a game then most would assume you know the platform it's available on.

It seems like a lot are taking
trapped to mean trapped on the PS2/3 and not on, or coming to, the PS4. A lot of the games listed are either on PC or BC on the Xbox.

See post above.

A lot of them are really silly, like the ones that got Day 1 PC ports, but I can understand some of the BC misses. Personally, I have had Catherine digital for years on PS3 and 360, my PS3 theme is of Katherine, and I bought another PS3 last year mostly to replay it(along with Nier and Lightning Returns). All of this and I still didn't know it was BC. I own it digitally on Xbox lol.

Harlock

Shadows of the Damned not getting a remaster or PC port is very frustrating. Lollipop Chainsaw is more complicated, with all the music.

Zeta Oni

Ah yes, let me go get that wad of cash I leave lying around to buy systems I don't need.

It was on PS3, but is not on PS4. Just because it's available to the minority doesn't mean it's available to everyone.

There's merit in realizing that.

Except the thread is "games trapped on last generation", and your naming a game that's available on current generation hardware. Doesn't matter if you own the console or not.

There's merit in reading as well.

Top Bottom