• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Mr1999

Ultrium 3000 tape drive for cheap, all under $100, so far working great under windows 11 and 4070ti/12700k system. bought mist in 4k as well which I could have dumped with my uhd friendly drive but no more room for that so i will need external adapter.

3Aq190A.jpg

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
ps3-slim-kmartcom.jpg

Picked up a used (new to me) 80GB PS3, impressed by how well it was kept, Sony has a long history with gaming, the lack of backwards compatibility was a real kick to the gut and led me to this purchase. The online still allows free multiplayer, meanwhile today’s consoles have subscriptions. What a reversal of mindsets.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Rotring 800 mechanical pencil. Been on my wish list for many years, finally pulled the trigger.

71oKEz4KWtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
This is the type of pencil that causes women to flock around you. I can see you pulling it out and making 2 clicks and girls just walking over to admire what you write.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Am I right in thinking you can buy different grade lead refills? I've been toying with the idea of getting back in to drawing and painting again. I've used generic HB mechanical pencils before but not different lead gradings.

UYtU1Ac.jpg
Yes and it makes a huge difference. Both in feel on the page and of course in boldness of your line.

I HIIIGHLY recommend a lead holder instead. This mechanical pencil was just something for on-the-go purposes. A cheap lead holder costs almost nothing and is significantly more versatile in how you can put down lines. I fucking love lead holders. Also known as clutch pencils or gravity pencils. They are the ultimate pencil.

They were originally made for drafting, but artists use them a lot.

Here's one by Pacific Arc that completely apes Rotring's black instrument style. I'm buying this for sure to match my new Rotring.

Lead Holder >>

And the Lead Pointer >> (which is IMMENSELY satisfying to use)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Am I right in thinking you can buy different grade lead refills? I've been toying with the idea of getting back in to drawing and painting again. I've used generic HB mechanical pencils before but not different lead gradings.

UYtU1Ac.jpg
Yep. I’ve been using these myself:

I’ve also got blue led for sketching.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
ps3-slim-kmartcom.jpg

Picked up a used (new to me) 80GB PS3, impressed by how well it was kept, Sony has a long history with gaming, the lack of backwards compatibility was a real kick to the gut and led me to this purchase. The online still allows free multiplayer, meanwhile today’s consoles have subscriptions. What a reversal of mindsets.

Lord I miss the days of the PS3. Peak gaming all around man. PS+ when it came along was merely an optional thing and even had what was basically a TV show for it. Ah, those were the days.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Trying to finish up all my Xmas shopping by early Dec. I'm more than half done.

Bought one of my nieces a shit load of stuff she wanted. Lots of it are cheap so all in, I spent maybe $100. Various make up shit, and some bedding.

I make gifting easy. I just tell everyone to tell me what they want. Send a list of shit you want and I'll pick stuff from it. but if they dont I try to get everyone cool good gifts. Might buy my dad a new TV.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Lol... That happend to me the last Friday... I won a laptop... And only have 1.5 years of work 😆😆😆😆.

I am Chris 😂😂😂

Last edited:

GymWolf

I love clear plastic housing of the controller, where you can see all the circuitry and components.
I don't really care about aesthetic in a controller (or anything gaming related really), first thing i'm gonna turn off all the fucking lights like i did with my mobo and gpu inside my case :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

It just seems to be a great controller for a cheap price.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Bought a Lenovo M10 tablet. I'm sick of browsing and reading on the phone. My eyes hurt and I get severe headache from the small screen. Tablet is great for other things too, like accessing your bank app, browsing GoG and steam, watching movies and YouTube. It's a nice accessory. Good battery life too.

Bought for the missus, waited till now because friend can help get the 15% off employee deal.

Not that she needs a powerful chip for a phone but she needs the best camera on a phone, lol.

I might as well just try how exactly it plays RE4.

VNzi7b5.jpg

hollams

Gold Member
Sigma Integrale DK2+ Motion 4 Actuator Setup. I recently upgraded to a new Profile rig in prep for full motion and finally decided to pull the trigger.
7xxsC3V.png

Top Bottom