• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Books.

A1T1t-bjHQL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

91NLW9ZtdcL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

81Li56NA8yL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
American who moved abroad to Mexico nearly 8-years ago. He's full of crap. People here don't blur plates. On the contrary, most States buy plates illegally (to avoid taxes, updates or biannual smokechecks) from whichever State bordering them. Have plenty of Mexico City residents with Morelos, Puebla or Guerrero plates. Run those in a computer and I guarantee it's not the owner of the car. Corruption here is really everywhere.

On topic, just shelled out for a 65" 4K Samsung Crystal TV. Main living room TV ironically made it through the last Christmas movie before crapping out on the 26th. Lasted a good while though given the hours used. The wife is visiting family friends in Dresden and just bought the tickets via Lufthansa. I'd go, but I'm head of my department and can't be out of office 3-weeks.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Will of the Many turned out to be YA in disguise. A few shallow trappings of antiquity but really lacking in worldbuilding. Still a fun light read but I can’t recommend it to a student of history. Let me know what you think though!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Bro i saw that shit when I was 6 or 7.

It was quite traumatic.

Still watched it over and over. The movie that is. Still have associations with old factories. Imagine

That scene is great.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Will of the Many turned out to be YA in disguise. A few shallow trappings of antiquity but really lacking in worldbuilding. Still a fun light read but I can’t recommend it to a student of history. Let me know what you think though!

That doesn't fill me with much hope. I was hoping this would be like the Red Rising series. I'll review it in the official book thread once I read it.

Might be a while before I read it anyway. I read a book a week, but I have a major case of Tsundoku. I probably buy 3-4 books a month and have a HUGE, never ending backlog.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
That whole scene scarred me for life.

Then again.. well..

Wait what. Uncut?

Dutch director ftw

Last edited:

Aces High

I really love biographies and autobiographies.

So this Christmas I bought myself "Hitler" by Ian Kershaw, which is said to be the most complete and historically accurate biography of Adolf Hitler.

fQaMxYG.jpg

The book has been amazing so far!

On one page, Kershaw writes about Hitler's father being the bastard of Baron Rothschild (a popular theory in Germany in the 1920s and 1930s), only to debunk it and conclude on the next pages that Adolf Hitler and his mother share the same grandfather... And this still Chapter 1!

Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I really love biographies and autobiographies.

So this Christmas I bought myself "Hitler" by Ian Kershaw, which is said to be the most complete and historically accurate biography of Adolf Hitler.

fQaMxYG.jpg

The book has been amazing so far!

On one page, Kershaw writes about Hitler being the bastard of Baron Rothschild (a popular theory in Germany in the 1920s and 1930s), only to debunk it and conclude on the next pages that Adolf Hitler and his mother share the same grandfather... And this still Chapter 1.

Highly recommended.
I actually have this on my shelf. You'll love the ending.

He really goes out with a bang.

pachura

Meta Quest 3 512 GB
Prescription inserts from WidmoVR
Some generic halo strap with 8000 MAh battery from Amazon ("ADICOP")
Kiwi back pad to be used with the default strap lying down
Oculus Link cable with separate charging input to be used with PCVR

Mr1999

110X TTC Frozen Silent V2 switches to switch out the bottom keyboard with pic related, probably the most comfortable switches ive ever typed on, replacing gateron oil kings. The top keyboard has TTC Frozen silent switches and want them to be all the same, expensive but worth it.

QF8cq8p.png

tsPk2k4.jpg

Last edited:

Machine

A few weeks ago I wanted to rip all my CDs and run a home music server so I bought a mini pc (Beelink) and inexpensive monitor. That lead to me buying a dac/headphone amp and some new headphones as well as some powered bookshelf speakers since I got into listening to the music while I was ripping it. Even doing it on the cheap, it's starting to add up. Some of my CDs date back to the late 80s and early 90s so I've run into a few with disk rot which sucks since not everything is still in print.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I bought a completely stock 2007 Civic Si. A rare thing now. Drove from Phoenix to LA for it. Will be my project and daily driver as my two other cars are V8 and are thirsty!
I absolutely envy and at the same time I'm curious when Americans speak of 20-30-40 year old cars like a perfectly viable transportation option.

lem0n

I absolutely envy and at the same time I'm curious when Americans speak of 20-30-40 year old cars like a perfectly viable transportation option.
Have you noticed it from Americans mainly? I have daily driven some proper old cars, I had a 1983 BMW 320iS at one time that was perfectly fine. Needed some special attention sure but a very good car. Do people mainly drive new cars where you live?

Quasicat

A few weeks ago I wanted to rip all my CDs and run a home music server so I bought a mini pc (Beelink) and inexpensive monitor. That lead to me buying a dac/headphone amp and some new headphones as well as some powered bookshelf speakers since I got into listening to the music while I was ripping it. Even doing it on the cheap, it's starting to add up. Some of my CDs date back to the late 80s and early 90s so I've run into a few with disk rot which sucks since not everything is still in print.
I fell down this rabbit hole during the COVID lockdowns where I took my entire music collection, ripped them in to FLAC and set them up on Plex. I then set up PlexAmp to play them on CarPlay and use an AirPort Express to tie it all into my amp. It took more time than money since I already had the hardware with my movies and TV shows running on Plex, but it is totally worth it.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Games of the Month

61kR8CBn1XL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

91z5JYtUZAS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

The Diamond of Diamonds!!!

Again

gravity-rush-remastered-457257.1.jpg

My copy number 5 xDDDD.

AND.....

As an expert video gamer who never listens to video game reviews, I want to experience hardcore for myself, so I decided that for 15 dollars, I will support Daedalic... and we'll see what the quality of the game is like xD.

s-l1600.jpg

:messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_grinning_squinting:

violence

I had bought "8bitdo ultimate" but I didn't like the feel so I returned it and got a "Gamesir T4 kalied". This controller is not f'n around, I'm pretty happy with it. Not sure how Gamesir makes any money.

MSVnnsG.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Stopped off at Costco in the afternoon and bought some tshirts and sweaters. I got a bunch of sweaters that are still in good shape, but old. I just want some new clothes.

Avoid the banana pecan cake baked in house. It's shit and tasteless. Looks impressive with all the bits of nuts on top. But crap. Almost feeling like returning it and getting my $10 back. lol

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Stopped off at Costco in the afternoon and bought some tshirts and sweaters. I got a bunch of sweaters that are still in good shape, but old. I just want some new clothes.

Avoid the banana pecan cake baked in house. It's shit and tasteless. Looks impressive with all the bits of nuts on top. But crap. Almost feeling like returning it and getting my $10 back. lol
I thought the banana loaf was decent. Have you tried that new triple chocolate pie yet?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I thought the banana loaf was decent. Have you tried that new triple chocolate pie yet?
Nope. I dont think I've seen that. I wanted to try the orange cranberry round cake, but none. There was a similar looking maple pecan cake, but chose the banana loaf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom