• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Muffdraul

From Sweetwater:

1. Fender Telecaster, traditional butterscotch, the real deal. I'd never actually held one before let alone owned one, and it's a damn good thing I mentioned to a fellow axe head at work that I was looking forward its super thin neck. He set me straight, "Er, actually, Teles have thick necks. U-necks. Baseball bats." If I'd pulled it out of its case still expecting a thin neck, I would have shit my pants in disappointment. I don't think I've ever had to "get used to" a new guitar as much as this one, but it's a damn fine instrument. So cool to finally be making these classic sounds myself, sounds I've heard on records for my entire life.

2. Line 6 Helix... I don't even know what to call this thing. All-in-one pre-amp/pedal fx unit. It digitally simulates all kinds of amps and cabinets, and it has pretty much every standard effect built in, and usually multiple types/models. Distortion, reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, flanger, ring modulator, several more I can't remember. In 1999 I bought a Line 6 POD and this is the first time since I've used anything else. The POD was dying and some of its functions were failing, so this is more than just an upgrade to me. It's like having an entire Guitar Center store digitized into a little electronic box. (Not that little, it's over three times bigger than my old POD.) I've barely scratched the surface of what this thing can do and it's already blown my mind several times over.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Not sure if it counts but the guys just finished installing my wife’s new kitchen. It’s such an improvement over the old one. I spent the weekend gutting the old kitchen and painting the room. Now I just need to lay down the floor, do the back splash, and finish painting. My brother can install the microwave over the stove, I’m not touching electrical.

You people need to show pictures with your new purchases.

Disappointed King Of The Hill GIF

Quasicat

Not sure if it counts but the guys just finished installing my wife’s new kitchen. It’s such an improvement over the old one. I spent the weekend gutting the old kitchen and painting the room. Now I just need to lay down the floor, do the back splash, and finish painting. My brother can install the microwave over the stove, I’m not touching electrical.
For me, I don’t have a problem with electrical work but I will never work with plumbing again after my bathroom remodel.
When you get the kitchen done, I would love to see some pictures posted here. I know I have a kitchen remodel coming soon and I’m not looking forward to it.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
For me, I don’t have a problem with electrical work but I will never work with plumbing again after my bathroom remodel.
When you get the kitchen done, I would love to see some pictures posted here. I know I have a kitchen remodel coming soon and I’m not looking forward to it.
I’ll never ever touch plumbing. We have had 5 floods in about 20 years, none of which were our fault but I’ll never risk it. It’s just too much of an issue with insurance if you don’t use pros.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Some tasty 4K blu rays and a standard blu ray.

Pulp Fiction
The Northman
Dune

Blu Ray

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Criterion collection)

I can't post pictures because I can't be fucked.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
These 2 days I met some artists.

rE4jzte.jpg

Grace Caroline Fulton, she autographed the game Injustice 2 for me

RyDxWcQ.jpg

Lou ferrigno autographed the Avengers game for me

3wKqY1o.jpg

Ivanna Sakhno autographed the Star wars game for me

278Trl2.jpg

I met Kevin Eastman from TMNT and the Latin America Cast

XZJaKNW.jpg

9rTI7Az.jpg

1WgoCM2.jpg

jJgAqPq.jpg

Zelda's voice from Latin Spanish from BOTW, Age of Calamity and ToTk

f0ztIRX.jpg

Alexandra Vicencio, a video game presenter in Latin America, taught her the game of my life. Gravity rush

kWCZ6ps.jpg
rA4UiBu.jpg

The cast of the Mario Bros. movie in Latin America, complete.

6zoscVS.jpg
uR0GIsw.jpg

Broly, Cell and Mr satan, Crocodile's , voice from Dragon quest in Latin Spanish

Gq9MPyZ.jpg

The famous Excuse me princess from Link... Zelda

mef9CB6.jpg

The cast of Latin America of Dragon Ball....

0A6Jy7U.jpg

I met Anthony Daniels... C-3PO... Too

Last edited:

Quasicat

An original hand drawn Agent Tap/Bug concept from The Matrix 1999

i0MfL3f.jpg

uwPXktQ.jpg
I am an absolute Matrix fan (even the last one has its place, though not as good as the original trilogy) and I knew exactly what this was before scrolling to the final movie shot! This is such an amazing find! You made my whole day!

Last edited:

Mr1999

I am an absolute Matrix fan (even the last one has its place, though not as good as the original trilogy) and I knew exactly what this was before scrolling to the final movie shot! This is such an amazing find! You made my whole day!
Thanks for the kind words. They have another original concept which is bug/tap #2 and thats another $300, but still trying to decide if I should get it or not as im at my limits with spending money on it, but having both in a set its hard to split them up. Im going to get a custom frame, so if im getting both its going to cost me a pretty penny to have them both framed in 1 frame,that's a custom frame made for it, thats another $300 or more. If its still available to buy in a month or two Ill pick it up but the first one I think is enough.
8vCOybC.jpg

Last edited:

Quasicat

Thanks for the kind words. They have another original concept which is bug/tap #2 and thats another $300, but still trying to decide if I should get it or not as im at my limits with spending money on it, but having both in a set its hard to split them up. Im going to get a custom frame, so if im getting both its going to cost me a pretty penny to have them both framed in 1 frame,that's a custom frame made for it, thats another $300 or more. If its still available to buy in a month or two Ill pick it up but the first one I think is enough.
8vCOybC.jpg
That would look awesome having a large frame housing both of them. I hope it works out for you and you can get it all set up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just bought a new monitor!

The one I have is still okay, but it's also six years old now. I imagine going from 32 inch to 49 inch should be a pretty substantial upgrade! Also the current monitor doesn't support HDR (new one does). It's also 100hz to 240hz. The new monitor also allows multiple inputs - so I could hook up game consoles or whatnot and have them just take over half the screen.

Now my graphics card will weep for sure.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Just bought a new monitor!

The one I have is still okay, but it's also six years old now. I imagine going from 32 inch to 49 inch should be a pretty substantial upgrade! Also the current monitor doesn't support HDR (new one does). It's also 100hz to 240hz. The new monitor also allows multiple inputs - so I could hook up game consoles or whatnot and have them just take over half the screen.

Now my graphics card will weep for sure.
4k or 1440?

thefool

Bitter for sure. Great with some good filter coffee.

I've tried some 95-99% and it honestly tasted like dirt.

But this Moser Roth 90% is great. Only downside is that it makes the Moser Roth 85% taste sweet in comparison.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I've tried some 95-99% and it honestly tasted like dirt.

But this Moser Roth 90% is great. Only downside is that it makes the Moser Roth 85% taste sweet in comparison.

Sorry misread your post.

Well you have the 90% so when in the mood for a more sweeter taste you know where to go!

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah that's a nice ass.

Great looking model. 5 shifter, right? Awesome.

Happy for you

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I had sooooo much luck today with discount..

jaEeyi9.jpg
3vWUo7t.jpg
xgu1yHb.jpg

Both hoodie and pant 1 2 sizes. Returning is an option on all articles

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
W-HM_SAYG_13729_F6_BLACK_SEAT_1_transparent.png

Herman Miller Sayl gaming edition, got it for my birthday and it will arrive today!

goods_471293_sub14.jpg

Uniqlo Metal Gear t-shirt with MSX reference!

OIP.Ov8V-0dzqpHvCitBCpkOrwHaFl

Atari 400 mini. The Atari 8-bit range was my first experience with computers, going to curate a nice clean list of games for this. I hope they will bring out a full size Atari 800XL or 130XE later because I'm not a fan of these non-functional keyboard.

Top Bottom