• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is life after BloodBorne?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I feel ya OP. Every time I've beaten a Souls game I haven't felt like playing something else for a while afterwards.

You should watch The Wire so you can have both video games and TV ruined for you back-to-back.

I've taken a likening to listening to neofolk while playing Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Metal or hardcore is a bit too distracting for me to play something like those games while appreciating both at the same time. A lot of neofolk really fits well with the atmosphere of those games, the dark, melancholy, distinctly European feel, often with strange imagery. Something like Death in June, Current 93, Nature and Organisation, Forseti, Vali or Neun Welten.

Ooh, interesting. I have some old Current 93, Sol Invictus and Death in June albums, along with other neofolk. I have some Of the Wand & the Moon albums I need to listen through, too. I need to give that a try during a chalice run.

I feel ya OP. Every time I've beaten a Souls game I haven't felt like playing something else for a while afterwards.

You should watch The Wire so you can have both video games and TV ruined for you back-to-back.

The wire is life man.. My man Brodi ;_; I'll be playing SFV while I'll wait for FFXV it's been 10 years already, no amount of blood echoes lost can replicate that feeling.

Ekai

This thread made me think of Cher. If that song is to be believed, you're too good for Bloodborne, OP. That or you're not strong enough to leave Bloodborne? I guess it depends on if you're Cher or the person Cher is singing to.

This thread made me think of Cher. If that song is to be believed, you're too good for Bloodborne, OP. That or you're not strong enough to leave Bloodborne? I guess it depends on if you're Cher or the person Cher is singing to.

Fuck that song, should be do you believe in kill after kill, I can feel your blood, is it pale enough.....

No one ever leaves bloodborne, just stay away from the nightmare until the moon changes.

A hunter must fucking hunt.

OP is not the first one to question the hardships of reality after experiencing gaming bliss which transpires his soul.
w5RwuU8.jpg

DavidDesu

I definitely found Bloodborne to be much easier and far more immediately satisfying to play over my short time with Demons Souls (like 3 hour playtime or so before I gave up). Dark Souls 3 does look a bit quicker and more fluid so I'm definitely up for that, if I ever complete Bloodborne.

It's just such a satisfying experience. While you can and do grind it's never a chore the way I feel most other games are when it comes to levelling up. The whole world and atmosphere is so satisfying and engrossing you can just keep playing the same area over and over for hours. I love how as you do level up you get a bit more confidence, you notice you're killing enemies a bit quicker and you prepare yourself mentally for venturing into an uncharted avenue for the first time.

The game world is also expertly designed and I love how you open up shortcuts by venturing further in. It's amazing there's so few games designed in such a way, it can feel pretty sprawling at times yet every nook and cranny is uniquely designed. There's very little repetition here.

Sound music and visuals seal the deal which the gameplay begins.

Superlative!

Cyrano

Found pretty much everything other than the trick weapons and some bosses to be pretty formulaic of the Cthulu mythos, tbh. Lady Maria was great though. Reminded me of Artorias.

Camwi

Like after Bloodborne is enjoying the bajillion other amazing games out there until Dark Souls 3 comes out, then experiencing the next orgasmic right through gaming heaven.

Top Bottom