• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is on your gaming 'bucket list'?

Let's talk about things you want to do in gaming, but just don't do for whatever reason.

But someday you WILL do it.

I swear that someday I will finish Majora's Mask. It's in my backlog since it came out for the N64. Bought it again for the 3DS and stopped at the exact same point: just before the first dungeon.

Why? No clue, because I love the game.

What about you?

Nuzzgok

I have a lot of my list, most of them are games I wanted as a kid but couldn't afford.

My main one is just finishing Persona 3. I can never get around to it, I'm still at the start!

I have a lot of my list, most of them are games I wanted as a kid but couldn't afford.

My main one is just finishing Persona 3. I can never get around to it, I'm still at the start!

lol I never finished that one either... Maybe I should add that to the list.

purdobol

Finishing Commandos Behind Enemy Lines/Beyond Call of Duty and then completing Desperados Wanted Dead or Alive is very high on my to do list.

Buy a PS2 and play Silent Hill 2&3
and the RE: Outbreak games
. I owned the system, but there wasn't a lot I cared for at the time and the system I had ended up getting issues rather early on.

Also, visit a game studio. Epic Games is nearby, though admittedly I don't care for them as much now as back when they were heavy into making Unreal Tournament titles and Gears of War.
Play all of my Steam games

And PS+, GWG, free Origin titles...pretty much anything on my backlog. Yep, no backlog sounds good. Never going to happen though.

autoduelist

And PS+, GWG, free Origin titles...pretty much anything on my backlog. Yep, no backlog sounds good. Never going to happen though.

Just organizing my digital backlog would feel good, but I don't even have time for that.

As for what I'd love to do? Probably (re)play through a lot of the older crpgs (go through the ultimas, might & magics, wizardry's, etc). Preferably with graph paper where mapping is required.

But I'll never have time for that, so the best I can accomplish is acquiring all the ones I want to (re)play and occasionally see them in my DL lists and think to myself 'oh, i really want to get to those'.

Zach

I will play and beat Mario 64, a Metroid game, and a Zelda game.

One day...

Edit: And Chrono Cross and Killer7.

entremet

Think Bigger!

I'll expand it to gaming culture in general for me. Just beating games isn't what I think of Bucket List material.

-Go to PAX Prime
-Go to EVO
-Meet Miyamoto before he retires (and get him sign a copy of SMB3, my favorite game)
-Meet Lord British
-Get a consumer level VR setup
-1CC Donkey Kong at a barcade with 3 IPAs in me.
-Find Panzer Dragoon Saga in the wild for cheap (LOL)
-Get a Astrocity Cab
-Master a real life pinball table

Ikon

My most highly prioritized one is to plat all the souls games.
Is it possible to trade for those damned upgrade materials in Demons?

Other than that though... Beat Mega Man games again without save states. I could do it as a kid but I suck at them now.

Also, buy a couple of arcade cabs once I have the space. Mainly after SF3 and DJ Max.

Think Bigger!

-Go to PAX Prime
-Go to EVO
-Meet Miyamoto before he retires (and get him sign a copy of SMB3, my favorite game)
-Meet Lord British
-Get a consumer level VR setup
-1CC Donkey Kong at a barcade with 3 IPAs in me.
-Find Panzer Dragoon Saga in the wild for cheap (LOL)
-Get a Astrocity Cab
-Master a real life pinball table

You're right! I need to think bigger.
- Get a job in the industry, either as a programmer or critic.
- Buy and play a lot of n64, ps1, ps2 and GameCube games.
- Hang out with Troy Baker.
- Go to a gaming convention.
- Get a character modeled after me

More ps1 rpgs like Grandia, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, etc.

Also the legend of zelda and metroid games.

There are countless others that I can't think of at the moment.

Chastten

Banned
Instead of saying I'd like to finish some older games I didn't manage to back in the day (Jet Force Gemini comes to mind) I'm going for an alternate answer and say: go back to having only one console and one handheld like yesteryear and just have fun with it. Makes life a lot easier.

Wensih

Let's talk about things you want to do in gaming, but just don't do for whatever reason.

But someday you WILL do it.

I swear that someday I will finish Majora's Mask. It's in my backlog since it came out for the N64. Bought it again for the 3DS and stopped at the exact same point: just before the first dungeon.

Why? No clue, because I love the game.

What about you?

I was in the same boat as you for more than a decade. I tried playing Majora's Mask 6 times (5 on N64, 1 on 3DS) and always stopped after the 3rd night of the festival when you get the ocarina. Not out of boredom or hate, I actually extremely enjoyed it, but other things always seemed to take priority. I made sure to sit down this year and finally finish it over the summer. It was magnificent.

I was in the same boat as you for more than a decade. I tried playing Majora's Mask 6 times (5 on N64, 1 on 3DS) and always stopped after the 3rd night of the festival when you get the ocarina. Not out of boredom or hate, I actually extremely enjoyed it, but other things always seemed to take priority. I made sure to sit down this year and finally finish it over the summer. It was magnificent.

Cool!

I will do it this year. My backlog is almost gone now (wow...) and then it's time for MM!

I have around 1200 games and I haven't played at least 350 of them, I've stopped buying games with the exception of new Nintendo games so playing all of these games is my on going challenge.

shaowebb

Play and beat Culdcept 3DS. They announced at the LAUNCH of the 3DS 4 years ago that it would be localized into english for europe and it is still Japan only. Culdcept Central has the cards translated and if I got to buy a japanese 3ds, a japanese copy, and play it with my tablet on Culdcept Central's card wiki the entire time then I fucking will. I bought 3 consoles over this series and I won't miss a title.

I need to finish Metro Last Light. I bought Redux and really enjoyed Metro 2033, but loads of other games came along and I haven't even started it.

Anon67

Right now, I really want to finish the Mass Effect trilogy. Though I do intend to complete at least my AAA games backlog.

Go to a big gaming event like E3, PAX, etc

Visit Japan and go to a famous arcade spot.

Meet Miyamoto, take a pic with him and get my Zelda OOT N64 copy signed.

I would love to get through my backlog of games before moving onto Xbox One. I sold my Steam an Origin accounts at a pretty big loss because I knew I would never get around to all the games on there. And since I don't like PC gaming anymore I felt it was a good thing to do. But I still need to get through about 15 Xbox 360 games.

Top Bottom