• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most mature M rated game?

Wozman23

The Last of Us was the first M rated game I played where I felt like the rating was warranted, and necessary for the narrative. Nothing felt gratuitous, and without the grit and brutality it would have felt like a lesser experience.

Renekton

Mature as in really gory/sexual, or something that older people might prefer?

For example, Witcher 1 and 2 have loads of explicit content, but feels otherwise quite juvenile (e.g. sex cards, rescue elf = random sex).

Nvzman

Catherine

Conker's Bad Fur Day

I'd throw in Wolf Among Us....game played it very strange concept incredibly straight faced without a hint of irony...had some fairly difficult decisions as well.

I agree.

shattered_memorieswii_esrv.jpg

Shattered Memories also deals with mature themes in a non-juvenile way.

Also, the ending is one of my all-time favourite video game endings. I couldn't stop thinking about it for quite a while.
All of these answers plus the last of us are absolutely correct.

Mature as in really gory/sexual, or something that older people might prefer?

For example, Witcher 1 and 2 have loads of explicit content, but feels otherwise quite juvenile.

I personally always view "maturity" in media as from the perspective of maturity rather than mature themes.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
GTA is played by millions of children, I wouldn't say it's the most mature game out there.

way more

Catherine. It captures what it's really like to read a manga about an adult relationship that is written for a audience of teenagers.

Top Bottom