• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most powerful thing a playable character has done in a videogame?

hqdefault.jpg

Apparently there's a game called Super Robot Wars Z3 that has Gurren Lagann as part of some crossover.

That mecha is the Super Granzeboma. It's about 57 billion light years in height, making it bigger than the observable universe, and its Giga Drill Break summons a drill 10 times bigger than that.

Good luck fighting that.

Giever

Not really. These gods aren't that powerful if they can be killed by punching them a lot.

"What is the most powerful thing a playable character has done in a videogame?"

*some example*

"Well, if a playable character had done it, it must not have been very powerful."

hqdefault.jpg

Apparently there's a game called Super Robot Wars Z3 that has Gurren Lagann as part of some crossover.

That mecha is the Super Granzeboma. It's about 57 billion light years in height, making it bigger than the observable universe, and its Giga Drill Break summons a drill 10 times bigger than that.

Good luck fighting that.

Gurren Lagann's gotta win it every time. It's not quite the same as Xenoblade, given that it was an anime first, but it still counts. Also, in answer to the Super Mario Galaxy stuff, the whole game is just a story being told by Rosalina, she didn't actually reset the universe. She's re-telling the story.

Soma from the Castlevania series uses the souls of enemies he's defeated. With enough time, his potential power would be limitless, no?

The Disgaea series is similar in an additive power sense. You can reincarnate your characters back to level 1 many times, becoming ridiculously powerful. This isn't taking into account that your party frequently goes up against Netherworld conquering Overlords.

Link should at least be in the running, too. He's able to kill the ultimate evil by beating it with a stick.

mclem

But if you pull the trigger the gun actually launches the bullet. Is the gun responsible for what the bullet hits? Alvis requires someone to command him or he can do nothing, he follows Shulk's will completely.

Well, I think I'll allow Harry Callaghan to explain my stance on it:

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

If Harry Callaghan says it's the gun that has the power, who am I to argue?

After all, I don't feel lucky.

Nightbird

Xenoblade, no Contest. Yeah, in Super Mario Galaxy Rosalina reboots the universe, but in Xenoblade you actually are the one rebooting it. It's one thing to defeat a God, it's another to have the powers of one, but in my eyes it's the pinnacle of awesomess to have both (Gurren Lagann excluded)

Top Bottom