• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Remains of Edith Finch |OT| Short Stories in a Tall Building

chadskin

Good to see Edith Finch isn't just my GotY! Hope more people get around to checking this one out because it's arguably the best in its genre so far.

Melchiah

Just checked if there were patches available for older games, and there was one for this.

SqXvZfp.jpg

I'm definitely going to revisit the game now to see the new bits of art.

megalowho

That's cool, I've been itching to play through again whenever this thread gets bumped. This game sunk its claws into me deeper than I initially thought, months later and I still think about it. One of the best experiences in a standout year for gaming, and with some distance I'd also call it my favorite in the genre by a considerable margin.

Catdaddy

Amazing story one of the best games I've played... I hope more devs pick up this type of stroytelling. An afternoon well spent..

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some PS4 Pro screens, finished this over the last weekend with the wife. While short, we both really enjoyed the game. Lewis's segment was our favorite.

whatremainsofedithfinsxudk.png

whatremainsofedithfinwju85.png

whatremainsofedithfinbduur.png

whatremainsofedithfin36uw0.png

whatremainsofedithfin1cu7p.png

whatremainsofedithfinkfut1.png

whatremainsofedithfin4tun4.png

Late to the party, but I'd say late praise is perhaps just aged (and made fine) praise. Least, that's what I claim. Truth is, I somehow just didn't know about this game until recently.

This game blew me away. As an author (5 books of fiction), I was immediately drawn to the book assets. So many books. Stacks of books. Books on books on books. I dug into the titles and was pleased to see some of my favorite authors referenced (Jorge Luis Borges, Mark Z. Danielewski). I even got the chance to talk with Ian Dallas, the Creative Director at Giant Sparrow for an episode of my podcast. It was so great being able to nerd out about books with him.

This game needs a long-form essay treatment. Perhaps a Boss Fight Books release sometime.

Poppyseed

This was certainly one of the best games of 2017. It was mesmerizing from start to finish. Can’t say enough good things about it.

Top Bottom