• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What should Rocksteady do next?

What Rocksteady should do next?

• Batman game

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • Superman game

Votes: 19 13.4%
  • Suicide Squad 2

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Other DC game

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • A new IP

Votes: 59 41.5%

• Total voters

Ozzie666

A rated R mature themed Crow game based on the original 1994 movie. Make it dark, bloody, emotional with great combat. Sue Ubisoft for using Bird Vision, the Crow did it first with his own Crow vision. Parkour and diving into items that break your fall, Assassins creed stole all of it.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Imagine having the whole of DC universe available to make a game from, and they choose the suicide squad. I can’t trust decision-making from them.

SJRB

Gold Member
Probably stop being jerked around and return to making the games that gave them the once legendary status that has now been completely watered down.

Step 1: Never let this group near your game again https://sweetbabyinc.com/

Step 2: Fire everyone in the company who has pronouns in their online bios

Step 3: The arkham batman is done, that world is finished, one day id like a completely new batman world ( base it on michael goldens art), for now forget batman

Step 4: Make a TMNT game in the style of the arkham games in a big open late 80s style NYC ( but takes place now) , TMNT is perfect for a number of reasons,
- tmnt brawlers have been done to death, outside that the games have sucked,
- you have an incredible cast of interesting characters and lore you can slowly introduce with each sequel
- the combat would fit perfect..being able to swap between turtles at any point like in AK
- Turtle Van!
- this was actually a rumour some years back for rocksteady but it ended up not happening

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I could see them doing a remake of the original trilogy first before moving into a new project altogether.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I selected Superman because that’s what I’d want to see.

Batman would be the no risk, more sensible option for their next game.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Where’s the “close studio” option?

Option 1) Batman Beyond; Open-world; Single-player experience.

Option 2) Teen Titans; Open-world; Wouldn't mind drop-in and drop-out co-op, but single-player has to be heart of the experience.

Option 3) Long shot, but if they could somehow get rights to Spawn IP...

YuLY

Since games take 6y+ these days, its depressing to even think of the year the next game might be out. In what situations we will be, how we will be. It is unsustainable and depressing. They wasted so much time since AK and now we might need to wait total 15 years since AK to get a traditional game from them. It's just wrong.

After the recent magnificent outing of SS, Rocksteady doesn't get to have the final say on that.

They should consider themselves lucky if they're spun into a support/porting studio for other WB titles, and not shut down.

Dazraell

I would prefer them to make a brand new IP that doesn't rely on DC property, or picking something from Warner Bros library that could give them a chance to make similar impact for this brand as Arkham Asylum did for Batman / DC games. Maybe The Matrix?

Has any studio nose-dived into the shit so hard?

A 4th Arkham, avoiding woke revisiting of every Batman concept, would have been a licence to print money.

Good job Warner Bros!

Last edited:

Darsxx82

A single player game i could say....but and then I remember that it's going to take another 6-7 years and I get depressed and stop caring 😰

Batman but made like Harry Potter where you build up a badass Wayne Manor over time as the game progresses (similar to Hogwarts)

New vehicles. New tech. Caves where you can try out new platforming skills that are gated like metroidvania, etc

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Get Batman back to form in order to get Spider-man back to form too.

Ll Cool J Chris Odonnell GIF by CBS

Zannegan

Make a sequel: Suicide Squad vs the Social Justice League, with Harley and Co. viciously murdering the modern day heroes at Sweet Baby Inc. Melee attacks only.

FeralEcho

File for bankrupcy and gtfo of the gaming industry.

These hacks are not the same talented developers that made the Arkham games.

Shut0wen

Anything single player but i hope to god someone at warner greenlights a batman in the future game, huge missed potional

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
People should recognise that studios change over time.

They aren't the same studio that made the Arkham Trilogy, that was 9 years ago, developers and talent have left, and they aren't in a position to create what we would consider a Rocksteady game.

They're dead, like every other great developer is at a certain point. Move on to the next one. Just be glad they made the games they did.
DxbLh1u.gif

fBfBQor.gif

Papa_Wisdom

I would prefer them to make a brand new IP that doesn't rely on DC property, or picking something from Warner Bros library that could give them a chance to make similar impact for this brand as Arkham Asylum did for Batman / DC games. Maybe The Matrix?
Escape from New York/LA with the legend Kurt Russel voicing the character?

Now that’s something I could invest in

Top Bottom