• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What sports related things do you like to rewatch to put a smile on your face?

Mondai

This one might be mean spirited, but watching Rhonda getting dominated by Holly is always a great watch.

Watching Dallas Mavericks beat the Heat in the NBA Finals 2011, I watched it live and it was such a great moment and rewatches are always great (especially that game where Dallas did the big comeback in the last minutes of the 4th quarter).

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I love the old school ufc. Stuff was crazy.

The 30 for 30 stuff never gets old either. They are mostly on Disney plus now too

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not even a huge sports fan, but MLB triple plays are fantastic and remind me of playing rounders in primary school, for the UK crowd here.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This one might be mean spirited, but watching Rhonda getting dominated by Holly is always a great watch.

Watching Dallas Mavericks beat the Heat in the NBA Finals 2011, I watched it live and it was such a great moment and rewatches are always great (especially that game where Dallas did the big comeback in the last minutes of the 4th quarter).
Ive seen replays of Rousey losing too to Holms and Nunes.

Its amazing how bad of a fighter and zero chin she has if you get her to do a stand up fight. Iv never seen a fighter with a 10/10 ground game paired with a 0/10 stand up game. She had no idea what to do punching and kicking.

Mohonky

cO4JYRa.jpg

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Has to be one of the most incredible plays in the history of sports. Especially with the context of the Patriots being the only undefeated team in the history of the sport, against the 10-6 Giants that barely squeaked into the playoffs. And Tyree being like a 5th stringer with only 4 career catches.

Just crazy.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A crusty TV recording of a great game. I remember seeing this on TV with my brother. This was when CBS would show games Saturday or Sunday afternoons. I'm assuming it was one of those days.

I don't remember anything about the game, except Bird nailing three 3 pt shots, including the one from almost half court at the 7:30 mark. Was cool I found a clip of it. At some point I was looking for that game (but didn't know who they played or which exact year it was) but I knew for sure it was somewhere around 1986-1988. Somehow I found it and bookmarked it since.

There was also another awesome Celtics/Bucks playoff game which my bookmark now says video is deleted. That's when Johnny Most called the game and they came back to win when they were trailing by 8 and Most was going apeshit for the whole clip.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

I watched the pats falcons sb several times through when it was on my old dvr.

I think about the Celtics blowing out the Lakers in 2009 finals game 7. Shit was crazy. They buried them so quickly.

On the other side was aaron Boone hitting a hr off Wakefield in 2003. But that quickly got bloated out by the first ever 3-0 come back against the yanks the next year.

Or Asante Samuel dropping a gift int before the helmet catch. He's such a bitch too cause he's still angry belichick didn't give him a top of the market deal. You got paid by the eagles. Shut up

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Anderson Silva just annihilating Chris Leben is always a classic one. At the time it wasn't clear how good Pride fighters would be in UFC (even though there was already some evidence).

Reactions: Gp1

Gp1

Ayrton Senna the topic.

Donington park 93 (probably the one of greatest display of raw talent in any sport)

Ps. Rubens Barrichello went from 12th to 5th in the same lap.

Monaco 1988 (his qualifying lap this year is regarded as the best qualifying lap of all time and it wasn't even recorded on camera. Almost a second and half ahead of his teammate. In the race he was almost a minute ahead of Prost)

Interlagos 91 (his first win in Brazil, with a car stuck in 6th gear. The man can barely walk after crossing the finish line)

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

The Netherlands were playing against Argentina in the quarter finals of the world championship football in 1990. Score: 1-1. And then in the final minute of the match a ball came from deep inside the Dutch half flying aross half the field to Dennis Bergkamp who with a few elegant movies put it in the net.

The commentary by the Dutch commentator Jack van Gelder is legendary. Just a few seconds earlier he said calmly that he had a feeling the Dutch team would make it into the next round, then there was a pass, three seonds later the goal was scored and the guy just went completely insane, shouting the name of Dennis Bergkamp again and again. I saw the game live and it was just the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a football pitch.

KrakenIPA

Whenever I go back and watch Al Micheals call a baseball game or a football game from the 80's and 90's. That man's voice was electric and his mini-fro haircut was on point. He is a Hall of Fame play-by-play commentator and his perception of ballgames is up there with the best.

Azzurri

The Netherlands were playing against Argentina in the quarter finals of the world championship football in 1990. Score: 1-1. And then in the final minute of the match a ball came from deep inside the Dutch half flying aross half the field to Dennis Bergkamp who with a few elegant movies put it in the net.

The commentary by the Dutch commentator Jack van Gelder is legendary. Just a few seconds earlier he said calmly that he had a feeling the Dutch team would make it into the next round, then there was a pass, three seonds later the goal was scored and the guy just went completely insane, shouting the name of Dennis Bergkamp again and again. I saw the game live and it was just the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a football pitch.

You just posted this because he keeps saying BEAR CUM BEAR CUM :D

Last edited:

JBat

South Carolina beating in state rival Clemson during the 2022 football season. Clemson was ranked #8 and South Carolina didn't have a snowball's chance in hell but somehow they pulled though. Love seeing rival fans get progressively sadder lol

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Was there in person my senior year of high school. A travesty what has become of my favorite team these days…

Laieon

fs6cqTd.jpg

Not a fan of either team but... the HR that broke Brad Lidge.

I'm so glad the Astros moved on from the pinstripes. I had 0 interest in sports when they wore them so I'm sure somebody has nostalgia for them, but man are those things ugly. 🤮

Last edited:

MastAndo

I'm a huge Mets fan so I don't have much, but '86 highlights always get me;

...or Piazza's go-ahead homerun in the first game back after 9/11. Just a really special moment for the city;

MJ highlights do it for me as well;
michael-jordan-best-lay-up.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Just unreal. Wasn't an important game or anything, just a once in a lifetime moment of shear brilliance.

ssringo

Whenever I go back and watch Al Micheals call a baseball game or a football game from the 80's and 90's. That man's voice was electric and his mini-fro haircut was on point. He is a Hall of Fame play-by-play commentator and his perception of ballgames is up there with the best.
Was a little before my time so it's hard to fully comprehend what this game meant but it's one of Al Michaels great broadcasts and also fits with the theme of the thread.

Trilobit

Belarus winning over Sweden in Ice Hockey Olympics 2002. The last goal is one I'll never forget:

"I felt a great disturbance in Sweden, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

Gp1

Just unreal. Wasn't an important game or anything, just a once in a lifetime moment of shear brilliance.

R Carlos, Cafu, Ronaldo, Romario, Leonardo, Mauro Silva, Dunga, etc.

The 98 Brazilian squad + Romario would probably have won another world cup.

Winter John

Gold Member
One of the greatest fights of all time. Foreman was a monster but Ali was way smarter and didn't let him push his hands down, which was something Foreman kind of relied on to get to his opponents.

I was a fan of McGregor. He was entertaining as fuck but something happened to him in the run up to the Khabib match. I guess either the fame or the coke got to him. He went from being a funny guy to a hateful little asshole. Watching him get rag dolled by Khabib for 4 rounds was really seeing karma in action

norm9

Kobe's necessary 81 points to beat Toronto.

Zlatan's debut for the LA Galaxy where he scores an impossible golazo.

Aesius

Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson:

This is one of my earliest sports-related memories. My grandfather lived down the road from us and would order any PPV my brother and I wanted. Usually, it was whatever my brother wanted, because I was just a little kid and my brother is 5 years older. But I still got to see some classic boxing matches and wrestling events at a very young age.

Miracle on Ice always gives me chills (particularly Al Michaels's call):

This was well before my time, but I can only imagine how amazing it was to witness live.

Last edited:

poodaddy

I don't know if it counts but there's a video of Mark Rippetoe deadlifting 500 pounds to some great jazz music, and this was pretty much right before he turned 50. Gives me hope that I can stay strong as I age with hard work.

I was too young to experience the treble winning team of '99, so this is it for me.
John Terry slipping up never fails to crack me up, fuck them rent boys lol what a fantastic match.

Last edited:
Top Bottom