• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What went wrong with Marvel vs Capcom 3 ?

Rymuth

There goes my hope for a murderous, foul mouthed, cocaine abusing, gay spider-man

What's even the point, then!? Maybe I just don't understand Spider-Man, but you just described the quintessential Spider-Man to me.
May I introduce you to turkish Spiderman?

turkishspidermanvscapta.png

Killed a woman with a boat propeller to the face

3.jpg

Jumped out of a makeshift tee-pee and stabbed some guy in the mafia

9.gif

Strangled a nude woman to death in the shower

35.jpg

Commanded a squad of guinea pigs to eat some poor bastard's face

39.jpg

Has sex in a room full of creepy masks

45.jpg

mephel

i still love the game even though i don't play that much anymore

it's a great entry for the series, we'll see if we get a new one sometimes in the next decade :D

As a casual MVC player, I was so excited back when Marvel vs Capcom 3 came out,
I didn't have a PS3 at the time, but when I finally did I got ultimate version,
then my PS3 was stolen :( and I only got to play the game for about a week.

I fell in love with the roster, the awesome game modes and the online play was not bad at all.

Fast forward some years later and it seemed like the game died, it never reached the hype or popularity of Marvel vs Capcom 2.Funny thing is that the game was still showing up on Evo years later(Game was not as broken as some people thought?).

I never bought a ps3 again I would have liked to see a Wii u or ps4 version of the game,
perhaps a remaster of it?

I wish the game would have gotten more updates and characters and with all the new avengers movies I would have loved to see them add ant man, star lord,and release movie costumes like freakin captain Americas soldier outfits, there was so much potential no?

TLDR; Real reason why the game never was as popular as Marvel vs Capcom 2 and not just your personal feelings, such as "Phoenix is OP, game sucks"

SyZiM3U.jpg

I absolutely love this pic!

Top Bottom