• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will be the summer anthem?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81567
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What? Rotten Reloaded is already out of the Top 20 and it hasn't even been certified Gold. Platinum certification is as likely as a collaboration with Lil' Kim.

sold 450,000 not including the single sales.. it will make Gold..

soultron

Banned
Nicki Minaj is like musical ADHD. Her songs have no fucking focus and it's infuriating whenever her shit comes on the radio.

lush

Nicki Minaj is like musical ADHD. Her songs have no fucking focus and it's infuriating whenever her shit comes on the radio.

But then she's got shit like "Beez in the Trap" and "I Am Your Leader". Nicki is somewhat interesting, and whoever created her body did a damn good job. I don't care.

Maybe Azealia Banks can take her this summer with her mixtape.....

2011 - Party Rock Anthem?

Yeah probably.

2007 - "Rise Up" - Yves LaRock (unless you can think of a better one)
2008 - "Right Round" - Flo Rida (can't remember if this was 08 or 09)
2009 - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" - Pitbull
2010 - "Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida/ David Guetta
2011 - "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO

marrec

Banned
Fuck Eggman I was eating breakfast when I clicked play on that video. Now I had to throw away an entire bowl of cereal.

I love that so much of GAF, especially Pop GAF and Gay GAF, hate on Nicki. I like her mostly for that reason because I know she pisses people off. :D Personally, I'd rather listen to Nicki Minaj than Lady Gaga.

I'm not sure I've heard a summer anthem quite yet. There are a few good summer albums that have come out, like Sleigh Bells' Reign of Terror and Beach House' Bloom. So far the song that has come close for me is Tanlines - All of Me. I'd also throw up Passion Pits' Take A Walk, although I expect a different song on the album to be more of a summer anthem, this track is a little weak.

Kusagari

DMeisterJ

Banned
2007 was Rihanna - "Umbrella" no doubt, and 2012 will either be Usher - "Scream" or Rihanna - "Where Have You Been?". We are young is peaking before summer hits, while those 2 are climbing fast, and in tandem.

I'm talking audience impressions and spins btw.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
We Are Young is already fading away and it's not even really summer yet.

And the 2009 anthem was either Boom Boom Pow or I Gotta Feeling. Pick your crappy Black Eyed Peas song. They literally had the #1 hit from mid April to early October with those two exchanging places.

Its just hit number 1 or 2 for the first time here in the UK. It's going to be a while before i falls out of the TOP 40.

Kusagari

Its just hit number 1 or 2 for the first time here in the UK. It's going to be a while before i falls out of the TOP 40.

Well it was #1 in the U.S. for weeks already and is slipping now. So, maybe it will be in the UK, but doubt it will be here.

Call Me Maybe is the song on the rise right now here and coinciding with summer perfectly.

Wes

venison crêpe
Call Me Maybe has peaked too soon to be the summer song.

I have no clue about pop music releases. I like Fun. - Some Nights (the single) but not sure if that's getting radio play yet or not.

From a Electronic point of view I'd go, judging by the fact it's getting gradually more airplay now even though it's been out for a month or so: Porter Robinson - Languages

Other (more mainstream) electronic suggestions:
Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso Feat. Ryan Tedder - Calling ... Great track, been out ages. They added vocals to it to increase mainstream radio play and it is working.
Avicii - Silhouettes ... Again, been out for a long time but is getting some mainstream play in the run up to summer.
Pryda - Allein ... There's always a Pryda song that gets a lot of play in the summer.
Tiësto & Wolfgang Gartner - We Own The Night ft. Luciana
Felix Cartal - Tonight

ToxicAdam

Probably something from Usher or Chris Brown. Maybe another song from that awful One Direction.

Man, that 'Call Me Maybe' song is horrible, yet incredibly catchy. It festers in your brain.

gutshot

This was my first thought as well, but as others said, it may have peaked a bit too early. Their next single could become the summer anthem of 2012 though. Personally, I think it's a better song than We Are Young and feels even more anthemic.

Some Nights - fun.

I have no clue about pop music releases. I like Fun. - Some Nights (the single) but not sure if that's getting radio play yet or not.

It's already blowing up on my local alternative station. Songs with cross-over appeal usually end up hitting the pop stations about a month or so later. Perfect timing.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It might be to early to tell, we still have Ke$ha coming with her new single, Jlo releasing a song with Flo Rida, Pitbull ft Shakira, and Nicki with either Whip It or Pound The Alarm

Esch

Banned
But then she's got shit like "Beez in the Trap" and "I Am Your Leader". Nicki is somewhat interesting, and whoever created her body did a damn good job. I don't care.

Maybe Azealia Banks can take her this summer with her mixtape.....

beez in the snatch is godawful

cashman

Banned
Yeah probably.

2007 - "Rise Up" - Yves LaRock (unless you can think of a better one)
2008 - "Right Round" - Flo Rida (can't remember if this was 08 or 09)
2009 - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" - Pitbull
2010 - "Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida/ David Guetta
2011 - "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO

tonights gonna be a good night?

bigfurb

8Izpx.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0tTbTbmVA

Bless you sir

Kapura

Banned
T'NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

WEEEEE AAARE YOOOUNG

SO LET'S SET THE WORLD ON FIIIIIIIIRE

WE CAN BURN BRIIIIIGHTER

THAN THE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

2006 was Promiscuous Girl. 2009 was Blame It. 2007 was Umbrella. 2010 was dogshit.

Summer Nights by Lil' Rob is the eternal summer anthem. I don't give a fuck if he's a poser.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Last year was give me everything tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom