• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will Nintendo do at E3 2014?

BY2K

Membero Americo
We got one thread for Sony and Microsoft, might as well start one for Nintendo.

More to the point, what do you think will Nintendo do at E3? What do you think the SHOULD do? What games will they show? Will they go back to the on-stage live presentation or do a E3 Nintendo Direct again?

Personally, I strongly wish for them do go back to the traditional on-stage presentation. Last year was a test (I hope), and since the stream couldn't quite handle to traffic it got (at lot worse than any stream from the stage at the Nokia Theater), I hope they decide to go back full force.

As for the games, we know Zelda will be there in some capacity. Animal Crossing Wii U I'm expecting. Maybe a new Metroid for 3DS? I have big hopes for Majora's Mask 3D. It's too soon to get a new game from Retro after DK, so we'll have to wait for that.

HORRORSHØW

reggie_i_dunno.jpg

Chuck

Still without luck
I have never been more unsure of what Nintendo will do at E3 ever.

As to what I'd like to see, I also have no idea.

This isn't the best post. >_>

On stage presentation.

Zelda U
Smash 4 newcomers (including Pac-Man)
X full reveal, story trailer, title etc
NFC stuff
Animal Crossing U
Majora's Mask 3D
Metroid 3DS sidescroller

They will have another E3 Direct and we will all hype it up and they will under deliver, when they really need to step outside their comfort zone and won't. WILL BE A DISASTER!

FHIZ

they won't even go.

That or have their own thing again.

They'll say something along the lines of "we've heard you loud and clear!" then miss the point completely.

Show Smash again, maybe a Zelda trailer for a game that'll hit holiday 2015 at the earliest.

ohlawd

Do the same thing they did last year and just have tons of demos out, no stage show

On the day they do this, Reggie or Iwata or whoever will announce that the same demos the media are playing can be downloaded to your systems..... now.

Ito

I think I read in some news that Aonuma said they were going to show the new Zelda game for WiiU (not that "Hyrule Warriors", but the next installment).

That would mean that they're going to show up this year with a full fledged conference, but again, it's Nintendo, so... you can expect another Nintendo Direct.

Tan

Show off Smash Bros, show off Mario Kart, tease a new zelda, try to convince everybody their 3rd party support isn't dead and then

Wii Music 2 announced, curtains close.

Then 2 months later they'll have a nintendo direct and announce like 4 new games.

Hatchtag

Banned
If they do another Nintendo Direct....well, they just shouldn't. The Nintendo Direct was a horrible idea. They need a stage show.
Also, they need to have the streaming actually work this year. It barely worked last year.
Next, they need some actual surprises. Don't tell us beforehand what'll be there, and then have no surprises like they did last year.
Some "surprises" that I could see happening:
Majora's Mask 3D
A New 2D or 3D Mario
Something to do with a "forgotten" franchise. They kinda need this.
Pokken Fighters
Pokemon Z/X2/Y2/XZ/YZ/Ruby3D/Sapphire3D/Whatever

And yes, while Pokemon games formerly rarely showed up at E3, they did last year. If they continue with the simultaneous worldwide releases, it's not completely out of the question that they'd appear this year.

Same shit you've already seen plenty of times for the WiiU and a Zelda teaser, plus one new game featuring NFC figurines. The WiiU is dead anyway, but they should at least do a real conference regardless. I just hope that QOL crap is nowhere to be seen.

3DS could be anything, though I wish the next month's Direct already unveils Fall titles and localizations. Hoping for Metroid or Wario, SMT4 Europe and maybe Fantasy Life or something... (and a proper revision).

Radec

I would be surprised if they will be having a conference.

They will probably just going to do those direct thing since most of their cards are already been revealed since last E3 anyway.

jeffers

The E3 vid last year wasnt actually that bad. Just need to get some actual bandwidth and stability (tell Ustream to get lost), and embed the dev videos within the main thing.

Think I'd prefer a stage show though.

3DS Lite (XL and 2DS aren't a 3DS Lite)
Majora's Mask 3D
Pokemon Wii U
New Metroid Prime
Ridley squeezes into Smash Bros
New Legend of Zelda, shakes up the formula again
X release date
F-Zero 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
Nintendo lifestyle shit

They could start by showing up to the show

Really hope they don't do what they did last year. I really want a big show.

freakzilla3000

I too am really hoping that Nintendo shows up at this year's E3 because they have some great stuff to show off. Honestly, their lineup this year is great so they need to show up and "steal the show"

Here is what they can show during their conference (just to name a few):

Monolith's X
Sonic Boom
Super Smash Bros (they could reveal the release date and show off some new characters)
Yarn Yoshi
Zelda Wii U
Bayonetta 2
Retro's New Project
New IP that utilizes NFC

Let's not forget the 3DS will have a strong lineup later this year as well as Nintendo's untouched catalog thus far for Wii U... StarFox, Metriod, F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race, Battalion Wars and so on

Some Gamecube HD remakes would't hurt as well =)

*AND, if this wasn't enough, maybe we will hear more about their QOL platform.... E3 has so many possibilities for Nintendo.

BY2K

Membero Americo
When you guys say "don't show up", do you mean do what they did last year (E3 Direct, showfloor demos) or just not being there at all?

Because they already reserved their showfloor spots for this year.

Eagle316

Wii U is my favorite current console, but I think they need to take the major risk in hopes of major rewards strategy. I know dropping the game pad has been hotly debated, but I would like to see 2 skus. A core edition with standard controller and then deluxe edition with gamepad. Priced at $99 and $179 respectively. Focus on helping indies publish and secure some notable exclusives from Western and Eastern developers.

Maybe overstated, but again risk vs reward.

Riki

I would be surprised if they will be having a conference.

They will probably just going to do those direct thing since most of their cards are already been revealed since last E3 anyway.

How do we know this? There were quite a few games Nintendo could have easily revealed last E3 and chose not to. They're completely insane. Don't take them doing a Direct instead of a stage show as confirmation of anything. They could do a stage show and show absolutely nothing or they could do a Direct and reveal 10 new games.

Anth0ny

Posted my predictions in another thread, slightly updated:

Wii U

New games:

-Zelda will be there. I'm hoping it's a trailer, but wouldn't be surprised if they just bring some concept art for this year. It'll be a late 2015 game.
-Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection will be announced for an October 2014 release date.
-Miyamoto will mention that he is hard at work on his new game, but will have nothing to show.
-Super Mario 3D World DLC. Similar to New Super Luigi U, just a whole bunch of new levels. Summer 2014 release.
-Pokken announced. Trailer. No release date.

Old games:

-Their biggest game will be Smash Bros U. It will be playable, and Pac Man will be announced at the show. I'm praying this same build with be playable at Best Buys across North America during E3 week :)
-X will be there, playable. No release date to announce... which is a fancy way of saying 2015 in North America.
-First footage of SMTxFE. Also 2015.
-New Bayonetta 2 demo. Summer 2014 release.
-Hyrule Warriors playable demo. Fall 2014 release for North America.
-Yarn Yoshi will be there, playable. 2014 release.

Everyone will be pissed because most of the games were already announced. Deal with it. January 2013 Nintendo Direct was the once in a generation, god tier event.

3DS

New games:

-Majora's Mask 3D. November 2014. THIS IS THE YEAR BABY.
-New Super Metroid. 2015.
-Super Mario 2D platformer that is not a NSMB game. This is my bold prediction. It'll be two years since the last 2D Mario come this November, and since they've said they only release one NSMB per platform, they're going to create a new 2D Mario series. Gotta keep dat Mario momentum going. 2014 release.

Old games:

-Smash 3DS will be playable. 2015 release. Unnecessary to release two Smash games at the same time, and Mario/Pokemon will be their big holiday games for the 3DS.
-Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be playable. Maybe.

Actual E3.

EDIT: If by pre-E3 conference you mean the one on the same day the show opens, than that too.

Oh, ok. Yes, that's what I mean. People always conflate them together, but the pre-E3 conferences technically aren't E3, so I wanted to check.

What I expect to be shown;
-Zelda U, hyped up by Hyrule Warriors
-NFC-related game(s)/project(s)
-Animal Crossing U
-X
-Bayonetta 2
-Smash Bros. (2~3 new characters)
-Pick one, maybe two, of Metroid, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare, Wario Platformer, Glory of Heracles, or LoZ: Majora's Mask remake for 3DS.
-HD remake(s) for Wii U.
-Possible localizations of Fossil Fighters & Tomodachi Collection for the West.
-Wii Sports Club retail release before October.
-I wouldn't be super surprised to see Yarn Yoshi or SMT X FE again.
-Possibly something on the Art Academy U project.
-I wouldn't be surprised to the NLG anounce a new game, if it is for Nintendo. It'll be ~18 months since LM2 went gold by then.
-Wouldn't be super surprised to see Paper Mario, either.

Haines

Banned
At this point I don't even know.

Last year was ok cuz we saw sweet new wiiu software footage but now the wiiu is dead...idk what they do

They will show some awesome games. They still have the best lineup. I expect Zelda to be a big part of the show. Oh and X of course.

Some Nobody

They could start by showing up to the show

This.

Outside of that...

Super Smash Bros.
MonolithSoft's "X"
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Bayonetta 2 if that's not out yet (it won't be)
Maybe one good surprise

Nintendo could blow the doors off things if they premiered "The Legend of Zelda" with a release date of Holiday 2014.

On stage presentation.

Zelda U
Smash 4 newcomers (including Pac-Man)
X full reveal, story trailer, title etc
NFC stuff
Animal Crossing U
Majora's Mask 3D
Metroid 3DS sidescroller

No Quality of Life stuff? They gotta fit it in somewhere. Probably drop metroid for it. That infuriates me to a degree, but if anything would have to be dropped, it would probably be it :^(

Top Bottom