• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will Nintendo do at E3 2014?

freakzilla3000

I want to know more about 3DS lineup, I think it's a pity because 2013 was quite a stellar year.

I don't think they can match what they did in 2013. I think it will be a good year for the 3DS but not as good as 2013 (2013 was arguably the best lineup for any system really).

Volotaire

Does anyone know what Nintendo's actual E3 plans are? I don't think we do but are there any rumors that they will be holding a more traditional E3 presentation? They seem like they have a lot to show....

Nothing at the moment. We should know by around week 1 of May , since that's the timeframe they've released this kind of information.

ironcreed

Banned
As someone who is finally getting sold on the Wii U again as it quietly matures, I want them to first of all come out and do a stage show with guns blazing like they used to. Secondly, I really want to see an even stronger push for more unique exclusives that sets the system apart. That is all I really need to see.

freakzilla3000

Nothing at the moment. We should know by around week 1 of may , since that's the timeframe they've released this kind of information.

Awesome, thanks! I have been looking and looking but nothing so far.... They seem like they have a lot to show and with Mario Kart 8 coming out in late May, it seems like they will have at least SOME momentum going into the show (Mario Kart alone should give a significant boost in hardware sales).

Zalman

I want to know more about 3DS lineup, I think it's a pity because 2013 was quite a stellar year.
It was more than stellar. I maintain that 3DS' 2013 was the best year any console had ever had. Games were coming out all the time, and most of them were good.

FLAguy954

That or have their own thing again.

They'll say something along the lines of "we've heard you loud and clear!" then miss the point completely.

Show Smash again, maybe a Zelda trailer for a game that'll hit holiday 2015 at the earliest.

I'm expecting something along the lines of this. #dontbelievetheirlies

They'll trot out the same games we've been seeing since 2012 and show concept art for the new Zelda. The Wii U isn't even two years old yet and this will mark its fourth appearance at E3.

Caramello

We will see a greater focus on the Wii U GamePad with at least two titles utilising the NFC features of the hardware and more integration between the TV and GamePad for gameplay.

A 3DS revision won't happen as it would decrease sales of 3DS until the revision is released and I doubt Nintendo will release a revision this June.

On Animal Crossing:

October 28 2013

"What’s next for Animal Crossing? Can you keep adding more to the current template, or are you thinking of making wider changes?

KE: We have already started thinking about what to do next, but there is no concrete direction yet. First, we need to decide which hardware to develop a new Animal Crossing for, and then we want to use that hardware and find out what it’s capable of and what kind of features it provides. Then we can start thinking of elements of Animal Crossing and how we can realise them using the hardware. So until we discover these new inventions, we will not decide the direction."

Going on this statement I don't think it's likely that we will see any Animal Crossing news for Wii U this year.

Kacho

I don't think words could express my disappointment if Nintendo went down this route....

While I'm finding it incredibly hard to be optimistic about their presence at E3, I definitely think we'll see some footage of the next Zelda at the very least.

mooseman

Sadly I'm not expecting much from them at E3.

My insane and crazy wishlist:
SUPER Mario - an open world game and mario can level up and get new powers (run faster, jump higher, fireballs, ice...think crackdown or infamous) and set in the mushroom kingdom or possibly a new world completely. And no bowser...some other bosses

Super Metroid U - side scrolling Metriod. A sequel to Super Metroid with some beautiful graphics and huge areas to explore

Animal Crossing U - similar to skylanders. Collect all the villagers in stores and have them in your town. More stuff to do. More stores and different islands

Zelda U - huge open world Zelda. Go anywhere and do anything. Have a level up system. Buy different armors and other accessories.

Starfox U - great space battles. Also go to different open world planets

3rd pillar - 5in single touch screen device. Much more powerful than 3DS. Most Wii U games can be easily ported ( I do realize that graphics will not be the same...I'm ok with that as long as gameplay is great). Have TV out. Can play on TV or take with you.

Virtual Console - Everything NES, SNES, N64, GBA game available day one. Add Gamecube, Dreamcast, etc over time. You can buy on Wii U or new 3rd pillar device and can download on either and play.

I do realize this is a crazy list. Would love it if at least one or two of these happened

I think Nintendo is on autopilot honestly. So I expect this E3 to cover the games we already know are coming and nothing more. Smash Wii U is apparently a late fall or early winter title, which makes it the main showcase along with Bayo 2 and maybe X.

Nintendo won't reveal much because they still think their competitors are out to steal their ideas when no one really gives a sh**. Someone tell this company to wake the f up already.

Toxi

Banned
Hoping for 3DS stuff. Expecting jack shit. New 2D Metriod on the 3DS is all I need, Nintendo.
It wasn't even the best 2013 lineup, let alone the best ever.
I can't think of a better console line-up.

If we're counting multiplats, then PC wins every year.

I imagine Dave's referring to the PS3, in a year when Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, GTAV and Beyond Two Souls came out.
Pffffffff

Nilaul

1) A Next-Gen Wiimote + Nun-chunk

Replaces the need of the pro controller completely, has all the bottoms necessary for any control scheme + improved motion sensing (nun-chunk is equal to main wiimote). Replaces pro controller in new Wiiu bundles.

2) 3DS revision

3) Nintendo announces a new IP or two

4) Teaser for next Metroid Prime game

5) Zelda games

RiggyRob

Hmmm I guess I didn't know multiplats counted. Still, even with them I think the 3ds had a better year

Why wouldn't they count? For the record I think the 3DS had the better year but I'm not sure whether that's because I got mine in 2013 and I had a lot of games I could catch up on.

Hoping for 3DS stuff. Expecting jack shit. New 2D Metriod on the 3DS is all I need, Nintendo.
I can't think of a better console line-up.

If we're counting multiplats, then PC wins every year.

Pffffffff

I don't really think Beyond Two Souls is fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as the others (I'm a Two Best Friends Play fan, so maybe that's why) but it was marketed as an important exclusive to the PS3 and I'm sure there's lots of people who did like it.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
1) Pokemon Z or Pokemon Ruby Sapphire remakes (October release)

2) NFC title announced (November release)

3) Zelda announced (November 2015)

4) Metroid, F-Zero or StarFox announced - downloadable titles only either on 3DS or Wii U (2014)

5) Miyamoto's New-IP

6) Revival of ancient IP (ex: Golden Sun, Takamaru)

BY2K

Membero Americo
If Mario Kart 8 is anything to go by, all Nintendo needs to do with Zelda Wii U is to make it look as good as possible on that hardware.

Instant. Hype.

I don't know what they are going to do, but untying purchases from hardware and allowing cross play would get me to buy a Wii U. They'll probably just announce another couple mediocre new super mario bros titles.

DJIzana

Being able to play Smash Bros at Best Buy makes me happy. I'm glad I took time off. Will definitely be one of the first people in line to play me some Smash Bros!

I'm a little disappointed by no live event and that it's another E3 but yeah... it's always about the games. If they bring some good games, especially to completely break GAF, along with every other company, that's all that matters.

I just don't want to see the same games with new trailers and no release dates. If they DO show the same games from last year, they better have release dates to follow.

Top Bottom