• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would happen to Nintendo if the NX flops like Wii U?

They will probably lose a few more millions and try again. Since they would be a smaller name by then, we would get less Nintendo is doomed threads... that's just Nintendo threads in general.

Should be sticky'd in every Nintendoomed/'We're sooooo close to Zelda on PS4 now you guys' thread.

There literally isn't a single fact in this post, and it dismisses several arguments that actually *are* based on facts as self-evidently absurd without bothering to rebut them, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I mean, putting the word "statistical" in scare quotes and dismissing the notion that historical market performance of Nintendo platforms has any bearing on NX? Asserting that Nintendo has solved all its cultural and structural weaknesses without offering a single piece of evidence to support it? I could go on, but it's not really worth it.

Umm, just what does historical market performance have to do with the NX?

The Cube was a flop, Wii was a success. PS2 was enormous, PS3 was basically even to 360, which compared to Xbox did much better. And then this gen comes and Sony has 60%-70% of the market.

It seems clear to me that the past doesn't really have anything to do with current or future performance.

sfried

I read this subject line as "What would happen to Nintendo if the NX has more flops than the Wii U"

...And I was thinking "I thought people do want more teraflops in their hardware...or something"?

Jubenhimer

If the NX were to flop, then Nintendo would just find other ventures to profit off of like movies.

But honestly, I don't think the NX will flop. Nintendo knows where they went wrong with the Wii U at this point, and I suspect it will be a return to what made the Wii a success.

Neff

There literally isn't a single fact in this post, and it dismisses several arguments that actually *are* based on facts as self-evidently absurd without bothering to rebut them, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I don't think the post I quoted is addressing rational arguments towards NX flopping or Nintendo going third party, of which there are few, and none of which are convincing imo.

Top Bottom