• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you expect to see from Capcom Captivate 2012

Show me all there is to show Capcom, it's probably the only one of your franchises that isn't heading in the wrong direction.

ace-attorney-5-annoucement.jpg

Well considering AAI2 didn't head anywhere outside of Japan I feel that's the wrong direction :(

What I'm expecting:

• DmC (more characters and story trailer) +
    the bashing from GAF afterward
  • RE 6
  • Announcements of announcements of DLC
  • Another fighting game (new or supplemental)
  • Possible DEAD Rising 3

And...

Disappointment

Azure J

What I want:

- Darkstalkers IV with Bengus art

- Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3: Ver. 2013 patch with 10 new characters and new DMC, Darkstalkers, Megaman X/Zero stages to go with the new Marvel stages (Stark Mansion, Latveria, Sanctum Sanctorum)
- Tatsunoko VS. Capcom 2 for Wii U/360/PS3
- Something Megaman that isn't an 8 bit nostalgia grab (as much as I love 9 & 10, I'd love to see Megaman expanded into something bigger) and contains fast paced platforming and crazy weapons/abilities.
- Announcement that DmC is a one time thing or a "alternate flavor" that will not take the reigns from the Itsuno/Kobayashi DMC main series.

What we'll get

- A lot of focus on DmC, Dragon's Dogma and the like
- One crazy (in a bad way) move from the company and one (moderately) good bit of news at the same time
- Lots of GAF raging at Cpapcom

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
for me, all i want to see is:

-umvc3 expansion (more characters/stages/balance tweaks/modes)
-phoenix wright 5 plus the HD ios ports
-resident evil 6

anything else is just icing on the cake.

ezekial45

Banned
I forgot about Dead Rising 3. I remember the concept images that leaked awhile back. It should be interesting to see how it all turns out.

In regards to DmC, I hope they can get a good story/gameplay trailer ready. I enjoyed the extended TGS trailer we got (they should've released that one from the get go), and I think that's definitely the way to go. Even now, we still don't know too much about it.

I do hope we can get a trailer like DMC4's launch trailer. That one did a great job of showing the story and gameplay.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Expect:
-More information on RE6/DmC/Dragon's Dogma
-At least two new reveals
--One will be a game from Capcom Vancouver (either Dead Rising 3 or their new IP)
--The other will be another Western collaboration
-There may be a third reveal, and if there is, it will be a new IP from Capcom Japan

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expect:
SF 25th Anniversary announcement of some sort. Compilation, XBLA game, SF Universe, whatever. Something.
Nothing about Megaman's 25th Anniversary. Not cause I'm salty, cause they blatantly said don't expect shit until fall. Summer is SF time.
Darkstalkers IV announcement.
Obvious SFxTK release of DLC during Captivate.
Major RE6 news.
MML3 fan meltdowns.

Want:
UMvC3X. X stands for moar X-faktur. Lost 8, replay and hit box capabilities, H&H updated to actually work online properly.
Niitsuma's new project.
MML fan meltdowns.
New fighting game IP.

GSR

Expecting: more stuff from DmC, RE6, and Dragon's Dogma. Dead Rising 3 announcement is possible, though unlikely since they haven't done any teasing for it recently as far as I know.

As for Ace Attorney, there's a very slim chance they'll confirm an AA5 localization (since the barrier to AAI2 was apparently the platform) as a way to appease the fans, but I doubt it considering we know absolutely nothing about the game other than the name and the logo. Sven would've dropped some hints by now if AAI2 was getting released after all, and PLvsAA is in Level-5's hands, so I don't expect much from either of those.

"The reason we made all that DLC for SFxT on the disc is so that while we were releasing it we could work on real DLC made after the game went gold, let's tell you about it!"

lol yeah right

Here's hoping for plenty of meltdown inducing western collaboration announcements.

slade

All I want to know is if they are going to support Vita beyond the fighting games already announced. I would love for them to announce Revelations for Vita but the chances for that are very slim.

Anth0ny

Expect:
SF 25th Anniversary announcement of some sort. Compilation, XBLA game, SF Universe, whatever. Something.
Nothing about Megaman's 25th Anniversary. Not cause I'm salty, cause they blatantly said don't expect shit until fall. Summer is SF time.
Darkstalkers IV announcement.
Obvious SFxTK release of DLC during Captivate.
Major RE6 news.
MML3 fan meltdowns.

Want:
UMvC3X. X stands for moar X-faktur. Lost 8, replay and hit box capabilities, H&H updated to actually work online properly.
Niitsuma's new project.
MML fan meltdowns.
New fighting game IP.

My thoughts exactly. All I need is Darkstalkers IV and something regarding SF's 25th anniversary. I'm okay with no RE6 stuff until launch, honestly. More Marvel would be awesome, but I'm not expecting it.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I want to see a compilation of classic Street Fighters with GGPO for the 25th Anniversary + details of tournaments for these games. At a minimum, this would be arcade-perfect ports of SF (for giggles only), all real SF2 iterations (read: no Anniversary Collection nonsense), and all of the Alpha series. Even better would be if they added training modes, hitboxes, frame data, etc.

That'd be nice, too. Especially since he said that supposedly, after MvC3, his next game would likely do more to appeal to Eastern audiences.

Anyway, what I'm really hoping to see? More concise plans for what they seek to do with Rockman/Mega Man.

Another round of 8-bit MM? An X revival? An EXE revival on the 3DS (which I still think makes too much sense for them to NOT seek)?

After all that the emotional rollercoaster the Megaman fanbase has been through last year, almost ANYTHING would be nice to see.

Niitsuma was also saying he wanted to do a smaller project, maybe a puzzle game. And likely for 3DS/Vita or XBLA/PSN (Puzzle Fighter 2?)

High Expectation

RE6 info
Darkstalkers 4 teaser
Dragons Dogma info
Niitsuma's New Project

Medium

UMvC3 DLC released around Avengers Movie including replays for 360/PS3 version
Rival Schools PS1 Classic
SFA3 Upper Max HD for XBLA/PSN by Iron Galaxy incl GGPO
Dead Rising 3

Low/Want

Capcom Vancouver's second project
Powerstone Collection HD
Capcom/Disney/Junction Point present Ducktales Re-Scrooged

Teknoman

• Monster Hunter 3DS with added Nintendo network functionality for NA and EU regions.
  • A new Ghouls and Ghost/Maximo game for either 3DS, Vita, or HD systems.
  • More RE 6.
  • Onimusha reboot.
  • Dragon's Dogma demo.
  • Another new series.
  • Zak and Wiki 3DS.
  • Lost Planet 3
  • Digital distribution of Last Ranker.
  • dmc playable demo.

What I want

AAI2 localization :( I think it's still far to early for AA5.
New RE6 trailer that show more new gameplay segments and incorporates story hints
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC or balance update
DmC cancelation
An apology for Operation Raccoon City
Something Mega Man related
and whatever happened to that second RE CG movie?

What we will get

New RE6 trailer that show more new gameplay segments and incorporates story hints
Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma media blowout
Still no news on AAI2 localization :(
DmC new trailer that shows nothing new and is only a minute and a half long
Mega Man trolling
New westernization of a historic franchise by a terrible third party delveloper
New darkstalker hints but no confirmation
Some new DLC for SFxT that breaks the game further

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
since everyone made the wish list then I will add my wish that I really want to see in my life time.

Capcom vs Nintendo for Nintendo Console! (Hopefully very soon which would be Wii U)
Phoenix Wright 5 and Phoenix vs Layton to US
Breath of Fire 2 3DS (Just a port job with better graphic)

sublimit

Banned
I expect more info about Dragon's Dogma and hopefully the announcement of the demo's release date.

Surprisingly i don't care for new RE6 info at all.I don't know why but i think it's the first time that i'm not hyped at all for a new main RE game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dragon's Dogma demo date
Dead Rising 3

those are the only Capcom games I care about at this point as I don't see them announcing any new IPs or bringing back Breath of Fire.

Embargoing... announcements at a press event?

Happens more often then you think. Works exactly like when devs have preview/review dates and then the media blowout happens at a later date.

CAPTIVATE ACTIVATE

Carbonox

^So we gotta wait a WEEK til we know about the Captivate stuff?

It's always been like that AFAIK.

When I went, we weren't allowed to disclose anything until the following week. Luckily there wasn't much to disclose as a lot of the information was shite. :lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's in Rome, this time! Let's see what Cacpcom will bring heree.

shaowebb

I expect heavy Dragon's Dogma advertising. I'm hoping for something related to the Mega Man and Street Fighter Anniversaries, but not expecting to get it though.

Oh I do expect that one of Capcom Vancouver's unannounced projects will get revealed though. I think they got 2 at least right now in the works that aren't revealed yet and the amount of recruiting they have been doing for that place is pretty large.

Dahbomb

Most probables:

*If the rumored DmC release date of August is to be believed, Capcom/NT have to go balls out at this event with DmC. While I don't expect much content wise, they really need to deliver the goods with this game because by E3 it would be too late. A playable demo, while unlikely, would be nice to see at the event.

*Resident Evil 6 especially if the 2012 release date is to be believed.

*Dragon's Dogma media blow out. Capcom needs this game to do well so they are going to put the focus on it.

Maybe:

*Darkstalkers 4, new project of Nitsuma.
*Dead Rising 3. Seems like the right time for it.
*UMVC3X. Online expansion to the game as rumored early on. I am not expecting it but there is still a tiny amount of hope so I am putting it out there.

Unlikely:

Capcom not disappointing for once.

I've gotta say for all the shit that people give Capcom for re-releasing their games, I'm quite surprised that a few people are actually asking for a new Marvel.

Dahbomb

People aren't asking for a disc re-release like Ultimate Marvel but rather an online DLC expansion like what they did with AE.

I don't see the problem with getting more "not already on disc" content at a reasonable price especially if they follow the pattern of 8 characters for $15 as rumored. But it is still a full on rumor and unlikely so it's just a pipe dream at this point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've gotta say for all the shit that people give Capcom for re-releasing their games, I'm quite surprised that a few people are actually asking for a new Marvel.

The core Marvel fanbase is always asking for more more more, just like any core fighting game fanbase. It's the form of the content delivery that upsets most people, especially if they don't know exactly why they got what they wanted in the form they did. Admittedly, unless your keeping up with every fragment of news, any reasonable rationale. would probably go over most's heads. Which is understandable, because if it makes the consumers upset at the end of the day, you've done a disservice whether your hands are tied or not.

For me? I'll buy another $60 disc in a month if it comes with the lost 8. No questions asked.

People aren't asking for a disc re-release like Ultimate Marvel but rather an online DLC expansion like what they did with AE.

I don't see the problem with getting more "not already on disc" content at a reasonable price especially if they follow the pattern of 8 characters for $15 as rumored. But it is still a full on rumor and unlikely so it's just a pipe dream at this point.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm interested in what kind of reaction Capcom would get if they did a third update to Marvel but make this one downloadable a la SSFIVAE.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm interested in what kind of reaction Capcom would get if they did a third update to Marvel but make this one downloadable a la SSFIVAE.

It's Capcom. People will bitch regardless. The company has a worse reputation than Activision and EA put together at this point.

It's Capcom. People will bitch regardless. The company has a worse reputation than Activision and EA put together at this point.

Agreed. I'd happily buy another version of Marvel if they put MMX in. But people will always have their dream roster. Can't please everyone.

Top Bottom