• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's been Xbox Series X's most impressive titles

T0minator

As we fastly approach Xbox's Showcase I'm curious what impressive games will we see at the show? Fable being one of the latest predictions.

My question to everyone is what's been Xbox Series Xs most impressive titles since launch? I think Forza Horizon 5 has been the most impressive imo, what are some other stand outs?

Grounded for me.

Though I don't know what do you mean by impressive. And if it has to be first party. I played it on Series S BTW.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Steve Martin Idk GIF

GenericUser

I only played halo infinite during my 1 month trial of gamepass. That game was a 5/10 at best, but given it's the only exclusive I played, it definitely was "the most impressive". Xbox exclusives so far suck ass, just like sonys - imo.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Xbox has games? Just kidding. You know as much as people love to brand me as an xbot here probably 75% of my gaming time this generation has been on ps5. That said, there has still been some great games, some are 3rd party, here's my list:

Forza Horizon 5
Psychnauts 2
Halo Infinite
Elden Ring
Far Cry 6
Gears 5
Flight Simulator
Dead space remake
NBA 2K23
And a whole bunch of secondary titles on gamepass.

T0minator

Grounded for me.

Though I don't know what do you mean by impressive. And if it has to be first party. I played it on Series S BTW.

Impressive pretty much meaning what games on Xbox this gen have made you say wow. What have been some reasons to upgrade from an Xbox One?

Pelao

I bought it initially to be my Forza machine. It ended up becoming my Flight Simulator machine. It is frankly an impressive piece of work. I play it almost every day for a while, listening to music in the background and flying around the world. Just like that, in a few months I accumulated more than 100 hours of flight time.

GenericUser

I bought it initially to be my Forza machine. It ended up becoming my Flight Simulator machine. It is frankly an impressive piece of work. I play it almost every day for a while, listening to music in the background and flying around the world. Just like that, in a few months I accumulated more than 100 hours of flight time.
sounds chill as fuck.

The Shepard

Forza Horizon 5 is the best and I did like halo infinite campaign, just not as good as the older halo's. Flight sim was amazing for like the first week, then it just got boring very quickly for me. I'm hoping starfield is good but I've not liked a Bethesda game since Skyrim which came out 12 years ago.

Alan Wake

Microsoft Flight Simulator. Not my type of game but damn what a stunner this is.

Forza Horizon 5 was just more of the same. I was impressed when I played Forza Horizon 4 with HDR on my new TV, but 5 is just more of the same.

The last game I was impressed with was Planet of Lana, but for other reasons. Same goes for Bramble, which is not an exclusive but a really good game.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

For me, it's easily Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life. Long epic story spaning five chapters with a great boss battle at the end, great music and added tons of content to the open world of Sea of Thieves. It's the most fun I've had on the Xbox this gen.

T0minator

I'm seeing quite a few games from last gen being mentioned for the most impressive games this gen on Series X. I guess that kind of speaks to how its been going this generation for Xbox but I really believe Playground Games are the top studio for XGS at the moment, with Fable being shown soon(presumably) PG is securing their top spot.

Forza Horizon 5 really did make me say wow like no other on the console so far

Robb

Gold Member
Visually I’d say Flight Sim.

But the best ones I’ve played have been Hi-Fi Rush and Psychonauts 2.

Riky

$MSFT
Flight Sim and Forza Horizon 5 two of the best looking games so far.
Metro for the ray tracing and Hitman running at 4k 60fps on Series X which turned out to be a rarity so far this gen.
Forza Motorsport lifts the graphical bar soon.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Forza horizon 5
Gears hivebusters
Flight Simulator
Psychonauts 2
Hi fi rush
Halo Infinite at 120fps
Grounded
Plague tale at 40fps on series x

Tbh I'm probably missing some things.

Series x has been a banger tbh

Halo Infinite. For me the best game made in the last 3 years. Its terms of showing off the Hardware I would say Flight sim for all out gfx and also Psychonauts 2 for the wonders of Dolby Vision

Fredrik

Forza Horizon 5 for sure. High speed and smooth framerate in a huge world that looks amazing.

Gears 5 Hivebusters still looks great and runs well.

I guess MS Flight Sim is impressive as well but 30fps drags it down imo.

I really like The Ascent, it’s surprisingly detailed for a game with a camera so far away, really like how lived in the world look.

But the platform is in serious need of something big tbh, that’s my take away just thinking about this topic.

cireza

Microsoft developed games look very good, and also many multi-platform games like Resident Evil remakes or Plague Tale for example.

I am not really into these games anyway.

Gears 5 was actually very bloody impressive. I mostly just zoom around in Forza these days so I should really get back into Gears and start blasting again.

Sadly just forza horizon 5 and grounded. Could put halo in it too. But just really didn’t care for it. Hadn’t play hifi yet to say.

Last edited:
Brutally honest? None.

Though FH5 and Gears 5 are impressive for souped up cross Gen Xbox one games.

I expect starfield to be phenomenal though. Everything I’ve seen so far is leaps and bounds more impressive and ambitious than say Spider-Man 2.

Sea of Thieves really does look beautiful sometimes.
Forza Horizon 5 gorgeous, flight sim of course. Gears 5 very impressive. Halo didn't really do it for me though. I suppose it depends how you define impressive.
Graphically and technically Forza, Gears and flightsim. Though SoT really is one of the most beautiful games in certain conditions no other game makes me stop and look at the scenery like that despite is age.

mdkirby

None really...I guess if I had to pick something it'd be high on life (likely a timed exclusive, and was also on XOne, so not sure it counts) . For all those saying Psychonauts 2, it was a superb game, but was not an xbox game, it was Multiplatform indie game funded on kickstarter many years ago, where 3/4 of the way through dev MS bought the studio. I played it on Playstation. It was also on last gen.

I despise car games so that rules out Forza. I used to love halo in the old old days, despite the pre release warnings I had hopes for infinite, but it was one of the most forgettable gaming experiences for me in recent years. Played through the campaign in a weekend, and it was hollow and soulless tripe. I really hope Xbox step up their game.

That aside, the seriesX is just a gamespass machine, ive not bought or been inclined to buy a single game on it. If something im interested in is on gamespass, and its not been designed to take advantage of the dual sense in any decent way, I'll boot up the xbox. Otherwise it gathers dust, vs the PS5 which is on every day, and gets at least £1000 spent on it each year in software.

For PS5, id go with Returnal, demons souls a close second tho.

WildBoy

None really...I guess if I had to pick something it'd be high on life (likely a timed exclusive, and was also on XOne, so not sure it counts) . For all those saying Psychonauts 2, it was a superb game, but was not an xbox game, it was Multiplatform indie game funded on kickstarter many years ago, where 3/4 of the way through dev MS bought the studio. I played it on Playstation. It was also on last gen.

I despise car games so that rules out Forza. I used to love halo in the old old days, despite the pre release warnings I had hopes for infinite, but it was one of the most forgettable gaming experiences for me in recent years. Played through the campaign in a weekend, and it was hollow and soulless tripe. I really hope Xbox step up their game.

That aside, the seriesX is just a gamespass machine, ive not bought or been inclined to buy a single game on it. If something im interested in is on gamespass, and its not been designed to take advantage of the dual sense in any decent way, I'll boot up the xbox. Otherwise it gathers dust, vs the PS5 which is on every day, and gets at least £1000 spent on it each year in software.

For PS5, id go with Returnal, demons souls a close second tho.
No one asked about ps5.

Top Bottom